• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

I asked the other week, so asking again now that I am here:

Wife and I are in Vegas for a few days for her business trip. What are some great bars or anything to hit? What beers do I need to seek out while here?

Wife and I are in Vegas for a few days for her business trip. What are some great bars or anything to hit? What beers do I need to seek out while here?

Vegas is kinda a craft beer wasteland.

Aces and Ales is a local chain of craft bars. That's about all I know.

Use the nearby and local options on Untappd. They might help.

HiResDes

Snagged a Project Pam and this Boulevard Bourbon Aged Quad I'm pretty excited about. It was the last one of both so it felt meant to be.

Triz

Some of the high end restaurants have great beer available. Last trip there at the Mario Batalli burger joint in the venitain? Had great beer options.

Some of the high end restaurants have great beer available. Last trip there at the Mario Batalli burger joint in the venitain? Had great beer options.
Probably won't be hitting high end stuff. But thank you.
Thankfully, the show my wife has to go to and I have a pass for has free beer from 4-6 tomorrow. Hey, now! Free is free.

The private liquor stores in Vancouver brokered a deal with the monks and get shipments legally from time to time and never more than $14-15 CDN.

$65 is insane gouging and probably black market. I know distribution is fucked up in your provence, but that's crazy. I hope no one pays that.

I know they will...
jesus, 65 bucks for westvleteren 12, that's ridiculous

Also I'm pretty sure you can get the stuff shipped directly to you from one of those online stores that just sell a bunch of Belgian beers for like around $20 a bottle shipped, depending on how many you buy. Even in DC the places that get it don't charge more then like $30 a bottle and even that is a bit high.

thabiz

Also I'm pretty sure you can get the stuff shipped directly to you from one of those online stores that just sell a bunch of Belgian beers for like around $20 a bottle shipped, depending on how many you buy. Even in DC the places that get it don't charge more then like $30 a bottle and even that is a bit high.

It's illegal to ship booze in Canada. It can even be dicey shipping between provinces, but they have backed off a bit on that.

terrible

Banned
Westy 12 is a top 10 quad in my opinion but even at non inflated prices (so ~$16 a bottle like when it released here several years back) it's not worth buying except to check it off your bucket list unless you have lots of money to spare. There are several quads that are of similar quality at much lower prices.

Based on my preference Westy 12 needs 2-4 years on it to reach Bernardus 12 quality. That's a lot of waiting. Your mileage may vary of course.

riotous

Banned
Any Seattlites ever been to Eureka! at U-Village?

Their taplist is excellent.

The other night we enjoyed a special release BA from Airways, aged in barrels specifically for Eureka, an Elevation False Summit on tap, and a bottle of 2014 BCBS.

GKdI5XN.png

And yes I spelled dessert wrong lol. Follow me on Instagram if ya'll want https://www.instagram.com/chugchugpass/

Any Seattlites ever been to Eureka! at U-Village?

Their taplist is excellent.

We tend to go to Din Tai Fung if we're at U Village, but we've been to Eureka a few times. I like it, pretty solid taplist and family friendly.

I work down in Auburn so I hit up Airways from time to time in Kent. They're making some nice beers.

riotous

Banned
We tend to go to Din Tai Fung if we're at U Village, but we've been to Eureka a few times. I like it, pretty solid taplist and family friendly.

I work down in Auburn so I hit up Airways from time to time in Kent. They're making some nice beers.

Uusually intend to go to Din Tai Fung, see the massive crowd waiting, and then head to JOEY Kitchen; discovered Eureka's taplist though and now it's hard to pass up.

thabiz

It wasn't drive by, but why that comment about supporting local breweries when he only mentioned that some people traded? He didn't say anything against canadian local breweries.
And I was simply pointing out that I don't trade, seeing as he was piggybacking off my initial post I was just carrying on the convo.

Whatever. Didn't think it was a big deal. His friends sound super cool tho.

riotous

Banned
I'm not really keen on trading either.

I'd bring some of my bottle hoard to a BeerGAF gathering though as penance for my BCBS debauchery.

HiResDes

So reports are that the new Stone Unfiltered Enjoy By is phenomenal. The BP not too far from me got some, so I'm off right now lol, beer menus is consuming my life

So reports are that the new Stone Unfiltered Enjoy By is phenomenal. The BP not too far from me got some, so I'm off right now lol, beer menus is consuming my life
Shit. Saw that when in L.A. And almost got it. Didn't because thinking it will be in KY when I get back.

And the restaurant I am at in Vegas now has Firestone Walker XIX for $45. That is expensive.

riotous

Banned
I have 2 bottles each of the Firestone Walker 17, 18 and 19 in my cellar.

Waiting for a party to do a flight of all of them or something. Gonna be saving the other 3 until 20 comes out.

I can't drink in the program I'm in and being on meds, but...I'm having a non-alcoholic malt beverage. It tastes kind of like beer without the buzz.

Sadly, Vegas is a wasteland for beer drinkers. The Strip is worse than any other place I've ever been on vacation for drinking beer... Virtually every bar only serves Bud / Miller / Etc., with the 'craft beers' being like Dos Equis or Heinekin or something. It's unbelievably bad.

Maybe a few locals know some spots, but the strip -- at least 5 years ago last time I went -- was a damned wasteland for beer.

Had one at my local spot the other day. It's in top form, for sure. I stopped off on the way home and bought another couple of bottles.

As a homebrewer, I'm actually kind of excited about the unfiltered part. I'm going to try to culture the yeast out of it.

Sadly, Vegas is a wasteland for beer drinkers. The Strip is worse than any other place I've ever been on vacation for drinking beer... Virtually every bar only serves Bud / Miller / Etc., with the 'craft beers' being like Dos Equis or Heinekin or something. It's unbelievably bad.

Maybe a few locals know some spots, but the strip -- at least 5 years ago last time I went -- was a damned wasteland for beer.

NOLA was a wasteland as well except for Avenue Pub, which was fucking insane.

I will be making a cab ride over to Aces and Ales in Vegas tomorrow though, thanks to DistantMantra's suggestion.

HiResDes

Had one at my local spot the other day. It's in top form, for sure. I stopped off on the way home and bought another couple of bottles.

As a homebrewer, I'm actually kind of excited about the unfiltered part. I'm going to try to culture the yeast out of it.
Breh you should totally brew something with those for science it just sounds like a great and interest idea.

Top Bottom