• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppot

He's ready to be humiliated again?

"by playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

I'm trying to picture this in my head, and ...

I can't. :-(

Hint:
815404_398.jpg

Effect

I like Ben Affleck as an actor and director. As Batman? Hmm I don't know yet. This could turn out well. I'm going to stay positive on this.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This doesn't inspire me to yell "fuck yeah" but he wasn't the worst choice. I can see him playing Bruce, but I don't know about Batman.

WinFonda

ah man... I don't think Affleck has the voice for it. I mean... Bale didn't either having to put on an american accent and gutter his voice but.. ahhhh.

people saying "i need to see him in the suit" ...why? he would look great in the suit. it's pretty much just the jawline, and he has that classic superhero cleft chin.

I think if anyone other than Snyder and Goyer were driving this ship I would be more interested about this. Can those two wring out something good from Affleck.

Pau

Hamm makes a good Bruce Wayne. But Batman? Ehh... Not a bad pick though. It is just really hard finding a good Batman.

Much like Heath Ledger I will wait and see how this turns out.
You mean as far as getting the right body to pull off Batman? I have no idea if Jon Hamm can pull that off, but I'd prefer him as an older, not so physical Batman.

Well how about that.

Can only be an improvement over Bale.
One would hope.

He's ready to be humiliated again?

"by playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."
The suit is going to be pure CGI.

Look, he's already practicing.

smSHLwG.jpg

...Aaaaaaanyway, I could see it. I never really considered him for the role since I didn't think he'd consider the role, but there's potential there.

And I hope this means no dour, humorless, angsty-pants Batman.

- J - D -

Hmmm, I love his directorial work, I generally like his acting work, I don't mind his face. He's tall, he's handsome, he can buff up, and he can probably pull off a great, gruff 40-something Batman.

...but....

...but...

He doesn't have the jawline.

Sorry, Ben.

jk. I'm optimistic.

It's pretty hard to make any judgement when we don't know what kind of Batman/Bruce Wayne where getting yet.

I think I'd rather have Affleck direct this movie than Snyder though.

Ath

I was disappointed big time by Man of Steel so I'm cautious about this one, but I do like Ben Affleck a lot, though I never saw him as Batman. Hell, I wish he was directing the film. Also I didn't think Daredevil was that bad...

Wubby

I think he's better as a Director.

That said this made me laugh which isn't a good thing since I have bruised ribs at the moment.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
who-ray!

I'm an Affleck supporter after Hollywoodland, State of Play, Argo, and most importantly, The Town.

I've yet to watch The Company Men, but it's lingering at the top of my queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom