• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

sappyday

I enjoyed Affleck's movies but every role he's in is boring. At least Christian Bale was diverse so I couldn't imagine what exactly he was gonna bring to the table.

Maybe I'm mad because I wanted Jon Hamm to be given a chance.

Am I gonna watch this film? Definitely. I'm going in expecting it to be mediocre. Man of Steel was not a bad movie but I was hoping they would scrap the whole creative team for the sequel.

My reaction to Affleck is just asking why him? He's probably gonna be ok but I just wanted Karl Urban. Oh well.

EDIT: Sorry. Over reaction for a second. He's being getting better I think. He might just be a good Batman. I still remember people saying Heath Ledger would be a terrible Joker.

...I thought Heath Ledger was a terrible Joker.
*ducks gunshots*

Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a fantastic character, honestly a fitting new villain for the era. He was his own thing. He just wasn't a proper fit as The Joker.

He can't be any worse than bale.
fxyLK1KnVH9DYzq0BhK7.gif

Dave_6

Are they fucking serious? WTF

EDIT: I'll take back my overreaction and wait and see. He is a damn good actor.

Hagi

Man of Steel was pretty shit so while i don't mind him being cast i think it's all wasted on another Snyder/Goyer joint.

Kick them assholes out and then i'll be sold.

This film is such a terrible, misguided idea - a stupid knee-jerk reaction to The Avengers.

At least it's on par with the rest of the casting. Amy Adams is good looking and a great actress, but she's not Lois Lane and never will be. It was awful, awful casting. So you've got a Superman and Lois Lane that have zero romantic chemistry and a Batman that looks disheveled and homeless.

Mifune

Mehmber
Affleck is such a bland actor. Maybe if this was Schumacher's return to the series he would be a good fit. But Batman should have presence!

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I enjoyed Affleck's movies but every role he's in is boring. At least Christian Bale was diverse so I couldn't imagine what exactly he was gonna bring to the table.

Maybe I'm mad because I wanted Jon Hamm to be given a chance.

Hamm would have been a great Wayne but I can think of few people who would have made a worse Batman.

Affleck's turned himself into a good dramatic actor since his earlier meathead days. No problem with this choice, and as Affleck has turned into somewhat of a Hollywood darling, it could bring the movie more good publicity. Can't be mad at this choice.

When is the last movie though where the lead actor was a better director than the actual director?

Talon

This film is such a terrible, misguided idea - a stupid knee-jerk reaction to The Avengers.
It's more of a terrible allocation of resources by WB.

In the time they could have done Wonder Woman or Flash, they've done 2 Red movies (who was asking for this?) and then wholly fucked up Green Lantern.
When is the last movie though where the lead actor was a better director than the actual director?
Seriously. This is going to be weird.

Raxus

You mean as far as getting the right body to pull off Batman? I have no idea if Jon Hamm can pull that off, but I'd prefer him as an older, not so physical Batman.

Specifically, I mean a Batman who will stand next to Superman. In which case the physical issue has to be dredged up. Personality too. They have to at least seem threatening. Hamm has proven to command a presence but it never seemed quite 'Batman' levels yet to me. Like I said I don't mind the choice but much like Heath's joker I would take a wait and see attitude.

Something that bugged me about Bale was how were the bad guys not laughing their ass of or saying 'what' when he was mumbling all his dialogue.

Yeah, his bro would have been a much more interesting choice.

And sorry, folks, Argo was overrated. He's become a good director, though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Bummed it wasn't Michael C Hall... Or if he was ever up for consideration or interested.

We goof on Afleck for Daredevil and some of his other shit but he COULD BE good. Hopefully they/he wont try to make the character TOO gritty with an exaggerated gravely voice and shit atitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom