• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Houndi101

I still haven't played DD. Is this DLC available in EU? How much?

It was just on sale on PSN, 7 euros or something.
You can get the disc version too for under 20 euros online I think.

Amazon has it for 11 pounds for example.

Only thing that has been putting me off it is Bloodborne and the performance issues it apparently has.

Also if Dragons Dogma Online ends up being good, Band of the Hawk with my friends is a reality

tAG_19480.jpg

comedian

Every time this thread is bumped I hope it's because a new chapter has been announced. And every time I leave disappointed, much like the HxH thread.

Whelp, it's happened.

I'm hooked on my first ever manga. Once I started reading volume 1 I couldn't put it down. I gotta say - Puck so far is pretty great. LOL at him landing in the yellow puddle in the cell! He's needed to break up all the bleakness. Anyway, I....I need more. Even though bookdepository.com has free shipping, instocktrades.com still ends up being like $3 Australian Dollars cheaper after the conversion rate and ridiculous shipping cost when buying in bulk.

Dunno if he's ever said, but something like 25+ million sales in Japan should have set him up for life. That's before we count various merchandising deals or the animation releases. Not being a wage-slave working for a niche industry helps; manga is on a different level compared to anime, when it comes to popularity, awareness, sales, royalties, etc.
Definitely makes sense and I certainly hope it's true! Next explain ABe! Hah.

Falnabol

The august 2014 in the title still kills me.
Hopefully the 4th movie gets funded.

I watched the 3 movies and enjoyed em a lot.
Then I did a read on the manga series.

Was awesome

Necrovex

Whelp, it's happened.

I'm hooked on my first ever manga. Once I started reading volume 1 I couldn't put it down. I gotta say - Puck so far is pretty great. LOL at him landing in the yellow puddle in the cell! He's needed to break up all the bleakness. Anyway, I....I need more. Even though bookdepository.com has free shipping, instocktrades.com still ends up being like $3 Australian Dollars cheaper after the conversion rate and ridiculous shipping cost when buying in bulk.

And volume 1 isn't even the amazing part of Berserk. Brace yourself for one hell of a ride.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
So what do you guys think of the Dreamcast English voice actors compared to the anime/movie dubbing?

Yes, the Japanese voice actors are pretty good but this isn't the question in case anyone tries to spin in.

Cam Clarke as Puck in the Dreamcast game was perfect.

mcz117chief

I thought the English VO for Guts in the game was pretty bad. I think the English VO in the anime/movies did a good job.

The English anime voice actors are God tier ! One of the reasons I enjoyed the new movies is because they managed to get together almost the entire crew including minor characters (except Corkus) and minor villains (including Adon :D).

Moaradin

Yeah, the dub for Berserk is surprisingly good for it's time. I really like Guts and Griffith, and Casca's voice is pretty grating at first but it fits.

Mumei

For those of you whom purchased from instock trades, how long does it usually take to ship with standard shipping?

It varies. I've purchased things from them numerous times; sometimes it shows up in less than three or four days (rarely) and sometimes it takes upwards of two weeks or longer (especially if one of the items is out of stock).

IST has great prices and gets the items to you in great shape, but they're completely hit or miss when it comes to timeliness, unfortunately.

Fjordson

Yeah, IST shipping is kinda unpredictable. I'd say for me on average it's about a week to get my stuff, sometimes a few extra days because of a weekend. Not great.

But as Mumei said, their pricing and packaging is among the best around for comics/manga. Good customer service as well.

Mumei

Yeah, IST shipping is kinda unpredictable. I'd say for me on average it's about a week to get my stuff, sometimes a few extra days because of a weekend. Not great.

But as Mumei said, their pricing and packaging is among the best around for comics/manga. Good customer service as well.

Definitely. They're great about responding to e-mails about availability. I've sometimes asked them about an item that I couldn't find on the site, only for them to reply that the website had just been updated to reflect that the item was in stock. They were also hassle free when I had to make an exchange (my copy of Absolute Sandman Volume 5 had a production error where a page wasn't cropped correctly by the paper-slicer thingy.)

Fjordson

Definitely. They're great about responding to e-mails about availability. I've sometimes asked them about an item that I couldn't find on the site, only for them to reply that the website had just been updated to reflect that the item was in stock. They were also hassle free when I had to make an exchange (my copy of Absolute Sandman Volume 5 had a production error where a page wasn't cropped correctly by the paper-slicer thingy.)
Same here. I ordered Colossal Conan from them, but the binding was a wreck. They let me send it back for another new copy without issue and refunded me the shipping.

edit: flipping through some of my newer volumes that I just got and man the art gets crazy after the first 6-7 volumes. Lots more detail.

Mumei

Same here. I ordered Colossal Conan from them, but the binding was a wreck. They let me send it back for another new copy without issue and refunded me the shipping.

edit: flipping through some of my newer volumes that I just got and man the art gets crazy after the first 6-7 volumes. Lots more detail.

Oh, yes. There's a large jump in quality after the first few volumes, and then it steadily improves after that.

Asturie

Oh, yes. There's a large jump in quality after the first few volumes, and then it steadily improves after that.

I started reading the manga about two weeks ago and just past the eclipse. The art for that part was amazing and so much better than the first couple of volumes.

I really do hope InStockTrades doesn't take too long to ship to Australia. After finishing the first volume I'm having withdrawal symptoms! : (

By the way - after just one volume I think I already prefer the manga to the anime and the movies. The manga just completely sucks you in.

I really do hope InStockTrades doesn't take too long to ship to Australia. After finishing the first volume I'm having withdrawal symptoms! : (

By the way - after just one volume I think I already prefer the manga to the anime and the movies. The manga just completely sucks you in.
I reread volume one last night, and I too am waiting for instock trades to ship. Although, I still prefer the anime, but of course the first volume/episode doesn't cover the golden age. Well, the end of the first episode does, but that's not my point. It's still too early to know which I prefer, though honestly I may like both equally.

It varies. I've purchased things from them numerous times; sometimes it shows up in less than three or four days (rarely) and sometimes it takes upwards of two weeks or longer (especially if one of the items is out of stock).

IST has great prices and gets the items to you in great shape, but they're completely hit or miss when it comes to timeliness, unfortunately.

That's a shame. I hope it doesn't take too long.

Mumei

I reread volume one last night, and I too am waiting for instock trades to ship. Although, I still prefer the anime, but of course the first volume/episode doesn't cover the golden age. Well, the end of the first episode does, but that's not my point. It's still too early to know which I prefer, though honestly I may like both equally.

You won't. :)

That's a shame. I hope it doesn't take too long.

I hope you get it soon. I like reading peoples' impressions. I've been loaning out my collection to a co-worker these past few months, and he's on the most recent three or four volumes now.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Whelp, it's happened.

Get use to Puck's cartoony form, its technically a non-issue but as the series goes on you will start to see puck looking less and less like an actual fairy er, elf I believe? To the point that you kinda forget what he looked like originally.

Just watched the first movie on Netflix. I actually thought it was decent. Maybe it was because I went in with very low expectations after hearing people talk about how bad it is. It's definitely the worst out of the anime/manga/movie trifecta, but I didn't think it was nearly as awful as people often say.

Like I've already said....this is the first manga I've ever gotten into (I've got Vagabond on the way too after hearing good things) but the first volume just really absorbed me into the atmosphere from the very first page more than the anime ever did. I liked the anime, but I gotta admit that the low budget/iffy animation dragged it down for me.
I actually think I liked the movies more than the anime. At this point in time: Manga > Movies > Anime.

Do you guys remove the "explicit content" stickers from each cover of the manga?

It seems like it'll take forever, but I took it off the first volume so I'm all in now LOL.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The series has been on hiatus for so long that there really is no telling if the author is just off doing whatever or if he's actually dead.

Fjordson

Do you guys remove the "explicit content" stickers from each cover of the manga?

It seems like it'll take forever, but I took it off the first volume so I'm all in now LOL.
Same lol. Took it off the first volume so now I do it for every single one.

Thankfully once you get it to peel even just a little bit it comes off easily enough without leaving any shit behind on the cover.

Just watched the first movie on Netflix. I actually thought it was decent. Maybe it was because I went in with very low expectations after hearing people talk about how bad it is. It's definitely the worst out of the anime/manga/movie trifecta, but I didn't think it was nearly as awful as people often say.
When I heard about "cut content", I was worried too. But I enjoyed it for the most part.

The Julius assassination was handled well, so was the Zodd confrontation. They missed out on Judeau/Guts conversation stuff I wish they could have fit in but for being an hour long thing, they did a good job.

Same lol. Took it off the first volume so now I do it for every single one.

Thankfully once you get it to peel even just a little bit it comes off easily enough without leaving any shit behind on the cover.

Yeah, they come off pretty easily but you have to be careful not to leave marks from your nails when you start peeling.

My books shipped. I think I'm going to have to order more books at once because I'm sure I'll breeze through those three I bought in a day. :/

That's why I ordered 7 volumes. Considering mine haven't even shipped yet I thought it was a good idea to get quite a few at once since waiting for them to ship each time is going to be painful. I was surprised at how quickly I read through the first volume. It's going to be tough, but I think I might need to slow it down and pace myself to read them at a slower rate.

Ganondorfo

A question for you Berserk fans, is there in any other medium (except for Game of Thrones) something as dark as the
Eclipse
?

Top Bottom