• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BestBuy.com PS3 Preorders. "here is a coupon for your troubles PWNED LOL"

Just a little clarification-- how many digits is everyone's full order number? Mine is 12 digits, ending in what appears to be what everyone is calling their order number (the last four digits). Is that correct?

If so, it may be that the the middle portion of the 12 digits is part of the SKU number, 8008 in the case of the 60 GB. Which would only make the last three digits unique.

Hmm.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
mrroboto said:
Will you be able to switch out the PS3's hd that easily? Stupid question but I was thinking Sony has it rigged where you can't do that.
According to their literature, you can swap it out for any standard 2.5" SATA drive.

Dead

well not really...yet
MirageDwarf said:
Looks like Best Buy would screw their customers one more time like they did on Xbox 360 launch. This deal is still alive. There is no way Best Buy alone can get so many PS3 units while total quantity is so low. Or there will be only 1-2 units in-store at launch.

Did Best Buy cut any deal with Sony or what?
I've heard that BB DOES have the biggest allotment of units in the US.

Don't know for sure how accurate that is though and I saw someone else in teh thread mention it. Anyone able to clear that up?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
kaching said:
According to their literature, you can swap it out for any standard 2.5" SATA drive.

Yes, and I plan to do exactly what you are when I get my console. A 100GB+ HDD installed immediately.

those other threads look so boring...party's over here, yall!

maskerade-1.jpg

LJ11

Mejilan said:
Do the process on weekends? I figured we'd have to wait until Monday to find out.

Well I'm going by past experience, and I've gotten cancellation emails from both Outpost.com and Wal-Mart.com on weekends, just to name a few (Outpost incident happened 2 weeks ago). I'm betting the same would hold true for a larger retailer like BB.

MirageDwarf said:
Looks like Best Buy would screw their customers one more time like they did on Xbox 360 launch. This deal is still alive. There is no way Best Buy alone can get so many PS3 units while total quantity is so low. Or there will be only 1-2 units in-store at launch.

This is a glitch. If it wasn't the page would be public. The only way you can get to the page is by entering the URL.

mrroboto

Banned
Dead said:
I've heard that BB DOES have the biggest allotment of units in the US.

Don't know for sure how accurate that is though and I saw someone else in teh thread mention it. Anyone able to clear that up?

I've heard that also.

From what I understand, Sony is giving it's PS3 stock priority to chains and stores that do the most business. Best Buy is at the top of the list and are reportedly getting the vast majority of PS3 systems.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
LJ11, thanks for confirming that they do process/cancel orders on weekends.

2600 said:
Just a little clarification-- how many digits is everyone's full order number? Mine is 12 digits, ending in what appears to be what everyone is calling their order number (the last four digits). Is that correct?

If so, it may be that the the middle portion of the 12 digits is part of the SKU number, 8008 in the case of the 60 GB. Which would only make the last three digits unique.

Hmm.

The SKU for the 60GB model is: 8008489

That number doesn't show up ANYWHERE in my order number. Not including the BBY01- portion of it, my order number has an additional 12 digits, and ends in 8114.

MirageDwarf said:

BestBuy is supposedly getting 200K units. SUPPOSEDLY, it was JUST confirmed to them this evening.

That's a lot of "supposedly", but it would certainly explain this.

Dirtbag

mrroboto said:
I've heard that also.

From what I understand, Sony is giving it's PS3 stock priority to chains and stores that do the most business. Best Buy is at the top of the list and are reportedly getting the vast majority of PS3 systems.

maybe its part of the deal to promote blu-ray and shove hd-dvd into a dark basement below the store.

Tarazet

2600 said:

Hmm.

I placed a pre-order for three PS3 games a few minutes later, and it had the same ending. Last seven 7008280.

mrroboto

Banned
outunderthestars said:
This is a glitch. If it wasn't the page would be public. The only way you can get to the page is by entering the URL.

Not so much a glitch but rather a part of their PS3 section that wasn't meant to go live yet.

I dug around their main site and all I can get for the PS3 is basically an overview of the system. There is no link taking you to a preorder page for the system.

I can't believe I'm so damned wired about this right now. I've literally got adrenaline, and it usually takes 150+MPH to do that to me (Motorcycle racing).

Mejilan said:
LJ11, thanks for confirming that they do process/cancel orders on weekends.

The SKU for the 60GB model is: 8008489

That number doesn't show up ANYWHERE in my order number. Not including the BBY01- portion of it, my order number has an additional 12 digits, and ends in 8114.

Not even the 8008 part?

My SKU (60 GB): 8008489

My Order#: BBY01-*****8008383

(asterisks for interweb paranoia)

sangreal

mrroboto said:
Not so much a glitch but rather a part of their PS3 section that wasn't meant to go live yet.

I dug around their main site and all I can get for the PS3 is basically an overview of the system. There is no link taking you to a preorder page for the system.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71923

Walmart.com 360 preorders. Same thing, no link available on the site but if you knew the URL you could order

AFAIK they honored all the orders, atleast I got mine anyways

Of course, Walmart is not bestbuy and the 360 is not the PS3 but that alone isn't a reason to give up hope

no_to_co

sonarrat said:
I placed a pre-order for three PS3 games a few minutes later, and it had the same ending. Last seven 7008280.
OH! Mine is 8009###. I doubt that one million orders were placed between your and mine. I still hope that BB is doing 15,000 preorders and I am well in the middle.

sspeedy

i did this at 1 a.m. I'm in the 9800s. I'm not saying exactly what ;)
p.s. does anyone know if they're charging right away for these or waiting till they are sure they are shipping for a particular person?

M_A_C

WickedAngel said:
I can't believe I'm so damned wired about this right now. I've literally got adrenaline, and it usually takes 150+MPH to do that to me (Motorcycle racing).

Me too!!!

Only I prefer rape for my extreme lifestyle.

steviebomb said:
Don't hate, Helmet. You can still get in on the deal.

I'm not hating at all.
If you guys get them, good for you. Seriously.
I thought about ordering, but I've got a trip coming up, and I need the room on my CC for that.... plus I will be really surprised if this all goes through, and half of you don't get stuck on a waiting list. I want one, but I don't mind waiting a while.

mrroboto

Banned
WickedAngel said:
Copied from SlickDeals:

Doesn't confirm that the Best Buy preorder is legit. It's generated from the ps3preorders.com website.

It'll be nuts until people start getting cancellation emails or BestBuy confirms/denies whatever.

Mejilan

2600 said:
Not even the 8008 part?

My SKU (60 GB): 8008489

My Order#: BBY01-*****8008383

(asterisks for interweb paranoia)

8008 shows up NOWHERE in my order number. (7008 does, however). 8008 DOES show up in my order's product SKU, though.

mrroboto said:
Doesn't confirm that the Best Buy preorder is legit. It's generated from the ps3preorders.com website.

It'll be nuts until people start getting cancellation emails or BestBuy confirms/denies whatever.

It doesn't have to prove anything by itself. The amount of information leading up to this (In addition to those of us who have physically spoken to Best-Buy CSRs on the phone who confirmed this was the real deal) makes it seem a little more genuine.

outunderthestars said:

It would be wrong to assume that all employees of BB are idiots and don't know that something as simple as a placed link would receive such attention. They know that they could place a PS3 URL on a site about fecal matter and one of us would find it. :D

I'm not giving them credit just yet though... not until my PS3 is at my doorstep at least. :p

Holy fu*k if this is real. I stay away from GAF for a few hours and find this 10-page thread??

Just pre-ordered!!! They better be for real or else I'm gonna be pissed...

LJ11

I got in on this deal a bit later than most people here. After I placed my order, I went over to FW and I was shocked that there was only 2 replies and only 100 views for their thread. I just went back and that thread is 14 pages deep with close to 5,000 views. One guy said he placed an order for 4 because he didn't want to be too greedy. :lol

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
BBY01-1*****009710

My roommate who ordered one just before me has one that ends in 10279. I don't think that number means anything..

LJ11 said:
I got in on this deal a bit later than most people here. After I placed my order, I went over to FW and I was shocked that there was only 2 replies and only 100 views for their thread. I just went back and that thread is 14 pages deep with close to 5,000 views. One guy said he placed an order for 4 because he didn't want to be too greedy. :lol
Better late than pregnant, I always say. Hope we all end up with big smiles on our faces come Nov. 17. :)

threeball said:
GameFAQs hasn't gotten this news yet
well yeah, this is interesting and current. Hopefully this will get closed seconds before they catch on. I really hope we hear about the validity of this soon.

Mejilan

steviebomb said:
Better late than pregnant, I always say. Hope we all end up with big smiles on our faces come Nov. 17. :)

What's more likely is that a ton of us are going to get 'confirmation' emails that'll make our hearts soar... until we see the expected shipping date of March 2007.

mrroboto

Banned
Some dude on Slickdeals said he preordered 10 systems with his 10 different credit cards.

Guys like him will definately make BestBuy's decision to cancel all orders very easy.

LJ11

steviebomb said:

I was just amazed by how fast GAF was with this deal. They beat both SD and FW by close to 30 minutes.

Top Bottom