• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

We knew the chuck fallout thing was the first domino being set but I think this is the first acknowledged moment of jimmy downfall

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just mean she's going to be the person that he has to constantly hide his actions from. And she's always upset and suspicious.
Well, that would be fine and make sense.

If she's banging Chuck for revenge, walking into pools, and using Jimmy's money to get Chuck out of legal trouble, etc that would put her into Skylar territory.

ezekial45

Banned
Can someone gif that scene with Chuck and the metronome at the end of the cold open? That was a fantastic shot.

I also want to chime in and say that I love how incredibly unnerving Chuck is. Michael McKean is just killing it. I never would've imagined him as an antagonist, and he's doing a wonderful job of showing how scary, and equally helpless, Chuck is.

Epcott

Man... I'm craving pie right now.

Would the police be able to force a person to give a logical explanation of a home hiding spot IRL?

Bandit1

Another solid episode. That last scene between Jimmy and Kim has me thinking that this show will turn out to be as much about Jimmy losing Kim as it is about Jimmy becoming Saul.

Another solid episode. That last scene between Jimmy and Kim has me thinking that this show will turn out to be as much about Jimmy losing Kim as it is about Jimmy becoming Saul.

It's a testament to this show that I now so want Jimmy to break good instead of bad even though I loved him as bad. Terrific story telling and terrific job by Odenkirk all around.

So is this the best spinoff of all time or what?

Such a solid episode, and I have to say that Jimmy is such a great character. Having Kim be the anchor at the end really put into perspective how much of a fuck up Saul is.

It's amazing how Bob comes off as incredibly sly and intelligent, pathetic, likeable, tragic, funny, etc. The writing and acting feel so genuinely layered.

Having this be a spinoff adds so much excitement to unravel what we know and dont know of Saul.

It's strange that when BB was on, Saul was just a guy, but he really feels like such a tragedy. This show is fantastic man.

inm8num2

Great episode - I expect the internet to be replete with squat cobbler videos tomorrow.

Jimmy was damn good with the cops, but Kim's likely right that this kind of pro bono work will bite him in the ass.

Slacker

I'm blown away by the casting on this show (and by extension Breaking Bad I guess). I seems like every character is played by the 100% perfect actor for the role. Odenkirk is knocking it out of the park. Please AMC don't screw it up!

These scene with Chuck showing up and Jimmy losing focus only for Kim to pull him back made me start to think she's going to die instead of jump cut ties with him, Kim's cup not fitting into the holder was some not so subtle metaphor and foreshadowing. Fucking Lester you dumb dumb, it's still astounding that he thought buying Hulk Hogan's Hummer was a good idea. But that pie scene, LMAO! That was hilarious to imagine.

They kinda sorta missed it at the end as Jimmy was going through the parking lot to his place but I recognized my car (or well same model/paint) and it's not a model that was around back when the show takes place, I'm sure there's been plenty of other instances of that happening though.

Lothar

Banned
Last week I was a little bored, but this one was fantastic. One of the best in the series. I'm still laughing at the fact that he has to make a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom