• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoJu

This show's starting to become repetitive. Seems like they tread through the same ground most episodes.

There just hasn't been much progression with Jimmy's plot-line in the last couple of episodes. Focusing more on Mike, Kim, and Chuck. Also the show is much slower then Breaking Bad. More focus on the small moments.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its going to be interesting doing a rewatch of Breaking Bad after Better Call Saul finally wraps up. There are a lot of elements now that will make a lot of scenes in BB take on a whole new light. I'm actually curious if Gilligan and crew have a pre set amount of seasons or episodes they want to do to cover the story up to what I would presume is the beginning of Breaking Bad. At the pace things are going in the show I could easily see BCS being 3 to 5 seasons to cover all the stories and characters they want while ending at the beginnings of BB.

Also I wonder if this show could continue on after Walter White starts his meth cooking and meets Saul. Like could they cover other story lines that we never Saul deal with because he was always handling Walt's shit.

Every episode has been so damn good this season. I am NOT looking forward to having to wait until next year for more. :(

None of the other big shows are doing it for me either, so I guess I'll just rewatch Breaking Bad.

Its going to be interesting doing a rewatch of Breaking Bad after Better Call Saul finally wraps up. There are a lot of elements now that will make a lot of scenes in BB take on a whole new light. I'm actually curious if Gilligan and crew have a pre set amount of seasons or episodes they want to do to cover the story up to what I would presume is the beginning of Breaking Bad. At the pace things are going in the show I could easily see BCS being 3 to 5 seasons to cover all the stories and characters they want while ending at the beginnings of BB.

Also I wonder if this show could continue on after Walter White starts his meth cooking and meets Saul. Like could they cover other story lines that we never Saul deal with because he was always handling Walt's shit.

They've said ideally 4-5 seasons. I don't think they'll deal with the BB area. My guess is they'll probably stop with the creation of Saul and then have the last season jump forward to present day where he goes back to Albuquerque and tries to resume "the life" one last time, maybe confronting whatever characters are still alive.

Every time Kim comes on screen I fall a little more in love with Rhea Seehorn. She is gorgeous.

I really hope she ends up fucking over Howard somehow after the way he's been treating her. I mean, the silent treatment? How bitchy and pissy can you get?

RDreamer

when mike catches his hand shaking what is that? is that why he needs money so he can use it for medicine or drug.

I took it that it was showing he was actually scared as shit through the whole thing. He's not some badass killer right now. He's still really scared for what's going on.

I think he needed the money because of his daughter and because he planned on paying back on the deal he made since it didn't work out like he thought.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
when mike catches his hand shaking what is that? is that why he needs money so he can use it for medicine or drug.
I thought it was just from the stressful situation he was in. I mean he's a cunning, badass old dog, but he still just fought off two gangsters in his own home. That's scary as shit.

The money is for his daughter-in-law and granddaughter, not for himself.

Every time Kim comes on screen I fall a little more in love with Rhea Seehorn. She is gorgeous.

I really hope she ends up fucking over Howard somehow after the way he's been treating her. I mean, the silent treatment? How bitchy and pissy can you get?

I'm afraid that the job offer is a trap he set up.

UrbanRats

I thought it was just from the stressful situation he was in. I mean he's a cunning, badass old dog, but he still just fought off two gangsters in his own home. That's scary as shit.

The money is for his daughter-in-law and granddaughter, not for himself.
Yeah, that's him knowing he's playing with fire, to me.
The Salamanca are clearly no joke, as we know, and he's aware of that.

I'm afraid that the job offer is a trap he set up.

tumblr_mylw1xf7jd1shf0d0o1_400.gif

This would be downright evil.

maxcriden

I really enjoyed the Kim-centric plot this and last episode. I'm wondering if perhaps Better Call Kim would be the more interesting show, to me. The Mike stuff was okay, it was unexpected to see the twins and I liked the welcome mat trick. I hope the show eventually expands on Hamlin. He's woefully underused as a main cast member. I'd like to see more of his life and what makes him tick. Same with Nacho. In fact, even with Kim we don't know that much about her apart from her job and entanglement with Jimmy.

What would actually be Hamlin's motivation for going that far though? Like all this just because she messed up and didn't tell him about Jimmy's commercial?

That's a good point, but what is exactly his motivation right now? There's something going on with Hamlin, there's got to be a reason for his obsession for punishing Kim. Even Chuck thought his reaction was overblown.

Speaking of which, do you guys remember that sinister close-up of Hamlin after he and Chuck had that conversation on Kim? I'm telling you, they're foreshadowing something.

TaterTots

Banned
The second season is not going how I expected. I hope Jimmy turns into Saul sooner than later. I enjoy watching how it happens, but it shouldn't be stretched over a few seasons imo. I want to see the real dirty shit.

BunnyBear

Kim in a long T-shirt sitting on the bed... 😱 She is gorgeous.

This show is the most satisfying show I've watched in a long time. I personally love the slow build and although the Saul storyline hasn't moved all that far recently it seems like it's going to explode soon. And if losing a bit of Jimmy screen time is the price we pay for more Kim and Mike, I'm good with that. Such strong characters.

Geg

That's a good point, but what is exactly his motivation right now? There's something going on with Hamlin, there's got to be a reason for his obsession for punishing Kim. Even Chuck thought his reaction was overblown.

Yeah that was another thing I wasn't really sure about. A lot of Hamlin's actions don't make a lot of sense right now because we just don't know what he's thinking other than Kim's belief that he feels she embarrassed him and the firm by vouching for Jimmy.

Great episode. First of all, good guy mike is amazing. Giving Nacho that 25K is so fucking classy. Criminals didn't deserve him. Still hilarious that Walt killed him so haphazzardly lol.

Love that we finally got a win for jimmy for a chance. Good episode for him. Of course it will all go the shitter soon but it made me happy. Also the music selection this episode has been awesome as well.

Nekofrog

Banned
I like the mirrored portrayals of Mike and Walter. Walter proclaims that he's "doing it for his family" when he's really doing it all for his own ego, but then you have Mike who so far actually IS doing everything for his family. And then Walt, the fraud, kills him.

UrbanRats

I like the mirrored portrayals of Mike and Walter. Walter proclaims that he's "doing it for his family" when he's really doing it all for his own ego, but then you have Mike who so far actually IS doing everything for his family. And then Walt, the fraud, kills him.

I think that's a bit of a one sided view there.
Mike goes on to become a coldblooded hitman, he's no saint, and there are ways to "help your family" beyond becoming a paid killer, he chooses not to do it for different reasons than Walt's but still personal character flaws.
Moreover, not to defend Walt, but i think he deluded himself as well, at least at the start, there were some genuinely good intentions, mixed in with the bitter megalomania.

MrBadger

I think on some level, they're both doing it for their egos and to make up for their past regrets. Walt just ends up as more of a loose cannon than Mike, who at this point, is a huge danger to the people he's trying to provide for.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just wish the justification for Kim being punished was a little less petty and indirect. It seemed like such a massive overreaction to shove her aside for weeks because she didn't immediately think Jimmy was lying about the context of the commercial and feel the need to report on it to HHM.

Maybe she just leaves town rather than put up with watching Saul devolve into an amoral character?

Then again . . .
One can only hope she jumps at a chance to leave everything behind.

Yamauchi

Banned
Just me blabbering about how much I like BCS, but this show is really, really impressive. The acting is kind of incredible. Tell me you don't know everything going on in Kim's head just by watching her. Really loving this season.

Bitanator

Is this a 10 episode season? The slower pace of it needs like 15 in my opinion, surprised it was already so far in I don't feel it had progressed enough but it is fantastic

scabro

i love how slow this show is

it just revels in the characters

i always find myself looking at how much of the episode is left and being surprised that its almost over. the hour flies by quicker than almost any other show.

It's kind of amazing how good this show is when it does the job of not only enriching Breaking Bad retroactively but also becoming a legitimately great series of its own. Remember when this was going to suck?

scitek

Still watching the latest ep, but yo, i had to comment on the feeling of dread I got when the (were those the twins?) guys on the roof were watching Mike and his granddaughter at the pool. Damn.

Yup, it was them. Awesome.

Alienware

Still watching the latest ep, but yo, i had to comment on the feeling of dread I got when the (were those the twins?) guys on the roof were watching Mike and his granddaughter at the pool. Damn.

Yup, it was them. Awesome.

They really gave that kind of "Breaking Bad feeling" that I haven't felt for a long time. I like a lot BCS as a series of its own (the kind of series from which you wouldn't expect the same thrills that happened in BB), but this kind of stuff is definitely the icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom