• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walpurgis

Banned
Fly is one of my favorite episodes of BB. I find BCS to be dreadfully boring. I got all of my friends and family hooked into watching BB. I'm the only one I know still watching BCS. They keep asking me if it improved and I have to tell them "no" other than the Mike parts.

I like the character of Saul and I even like the character of Kim. But right now it's like watching someone I like do something boring for an hour.
I love Better Call Saul and it is the thing that I look forward to most every week. Unfortunately, its slowness has turned my Breaking Bad loving family off. I'm the only person in my family that still watches. They all dropped it around season 1 episode 3 and I find it difficult to recommend it to them even now because I know that they won't like it.

I love Better Call Saul and it is the thing that I look forward to most every week. Unfortunately, its slowness has turned my Breaking Bad loving family off. I'm the only person in my family that still watches. They all dropped it around season 1 episode 3 and I find it difficult to recommend it to them even now because I know that they won't like it.
Yeah, BCS is gripping and engaging in its own way, but it will never compare to the high drama that BB delivered without fail every episode.

I was watching "Face Off" (BB S4 finale) again the other day. The tension is still unmatched.

Walpurgis

Banned
When does Jimmy become "Saul"? The whole show is named after a guy who isn't even on the show.

I am predicting that Mike will contact Jimmy to reduce the gun charge that he has been forced to confess to. I think that this would be a major step towards Saulhood.

Walpurgis

Banned
As for this week's episode, it was great as expected. I'm surprised at Howard's attitude. He was acting like a real bitch to Kim for basically no reason. She worked so hard and even then he wanted to continue abusing her. It's like a parallel to Chuck and Jimmy. It seems that he is intent on seeing her fail just because of Jimmy's ad at David & Main. The new law firm looks a million times better and the boss seems really nice and understanding. I really hope she goes there. I don't understand her hesitance. I guess she feels loyal or attached to HHM.

Speaking of HHM, what happened to the second H? I think it was Hamlin's wife but I don't recall seeing her since the early episodes of season 1.

Mike's parts were awesome and it was great to see the twins again. I like the friendship that is developing between Mike and Nacho since Nacho is cool.

I don't remember much about Jimmy so his parts probably weren't too interesting.

I binge watched most of Breaking Bad since I was late and waited for the final season to fully release before watching. However, I have been watching Better Call Saul weekly from the beginning and it really works for me. Without all of the excitement and cliffhangers, I actually prefer it weekly.

I'll weigh in as a person who likes BCS better than Breaking Bad. I can't quite put my finger on why, because I think Breaking Bad was fantastic. Perhaps it's that BCS has more fully fleshed out characters whom I find fascinating.

And I love the pace.

Worth noting that I loved Mad Men.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone else love the directing in the last episode? Wasn't this done by someone who did BrBa before? Because some shots were really good, like that long hallway shot of Howard ignoring Kim. Also everything involving Mike.

Stellar episode, my favorite of the season. Probably featured the least amount of Jimmy though. iirc after the cold open it lasted a half hour before he showed up.

Durock

I can't wait to see how this will turn out with the Salamancas. We've now learned how Mike gets involved with them and I think it's only a matter time before Gus makes his appearance. This entire segment is probably why Gus hires him: they have gained mutual enemies.

How this will pan out with the gun charges? The show takes place what, 2002 right? Tuco isn't released until the time of Breaking Bad. So unless he gets locked up for something else again, is 6 years for assault and gun charge normal on a reduced sentence or even normal at all?

epmode

Anyone else love the directing in the last episode? Wasn't this done by someone who did BrBa before? Because some shots were really good, like that long hallway shot of Howard ignoring Kim. Also everything involving Mike.

The episode was directed by Michael Slovis, the director of photography for the entire run of Breaking Bad. He also directed a few BB episodes.

You might find this interesting: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/better-call-saul-michael-slovis-877198

I just can't see the show as "slow" from the perspective of people not enjoying it. Every episode feels shorter than the actual runtime to me. I'm at the point where I can pretty much watch these people do whatever, or nothing, and still enjoy it.

scabro

i hated the fly

from what i remember that episode felt like that it was an hour of the show beating you over the head with stuff that should have already been painfully clear from the interactions between the characters throughout the season.

better call saul i think i might like better than breaking bad so far. but i havent rewatched it breaking bad since i originally saw it years ago.

I'm just feeling a sense of dread of what's about to come for Jimmy when Chuck finally thrusts the knife and turns it, making Jimmy wash his hands off the McGill family name once and for all. Poor guy.

Watching Mike is also just sad. He is a good human being overall. To see all that
effort and pain become a pulp inside one of Walter White's acid drums is just eugh.
Fuckin Walter White.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
better call saul i think i might like better than breaking bad so far. but i havent rewatched it breaking bad since i originally saw it years ago.

I agree with you here. BCS has been stronger for me up to this point than BB was. Maybe it's because I already know some of these characters from BB though. When I watch TV I watch more for characters I like than story lines I like. I need to do a rewatch at some point of BB also.

I'm just feeling a sense of dread of what's about to come for Jimmy when Chuck finally thrusts the knife and turns it, making Jimmy wash his hands off the McGill family name once and for all. Poor guy.

Watching Mike is also just sad. He is a good human being overall. To see all that
effort and pain become a pulp inside one of Walter White's acid drums is just eugh.
Fuckin Walter White.

im actually more sad that Mike ends up becoming a hitman after all his attempts at trying to be better

but yeah fuck Walt too.

I just can't see the show as "slow" from the perspective of people not enjoying it. Every episode feels shorter than the actual runtime to me. I'm at the point where I can pretty much watch these people do whatever, or nothing, and still enjoy it.
I almost don't want anything to happen because I want to keep enjoying these characters being how they are now rather than what we all know they become.

Lothar

Banned
I almost don't want anything to happen because I want to keep enjoying these characters being how they are now rather than what we all know they become.

But Saul hates his job right now. He has fun being Saul. He loves that. So I would think the closest he gets to becoming Saul, the closer he gets to a happy ending.

Granted he won't have Kim anymore so it won't be all good, but he is still wistfully looking back at his time as Saul. He isn't wishing he was Jimmy.

But Saul hates his job right now. He has fun being Saul. He loves that. So I would think the closest he gets to becoming Saul, the closer he gets to a happy ending.

Granted he won't have Kim anymore so it won't be all good, but he is still wistfully looking back at his time as Saul. He isn't wishing he was Jimmy.
that's true but I just mean the flash forward saul is a very sad saul and we all know that's where it's going.

I hope we go past the flash forward though and I'm glad they haven't ruled it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom