• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- Certainly looks like Mike is going to snipe Tio Salamanca like Nacho described taking out Tuco, leading to Tio's stroke / wheelchair / bell setup. But now it seems too obvious so who knows. It's too obvious now, right?

-- I'm guessing we never see Kim and Jimmy practicing law in the same building. No way.

-- We're still on track for Chuck suing Jimmy out of the McGill name, forcing the Saul Goodman name.

-- Jimmy's now former boss really was decent to him. Nice writing there by having him asking what the audience is wondering: Why didn't you even try to make it work? And equally good writing in his response, which is the entire point of the show: "I'm just a square peg."

-- LOVED the montage.

-- LOVED wacky inflatable arms guy, clearly setting up wacky inflatable Statue of Liberty during BB.

-- Ok, I'll admit here I was wrong about Mike's daughter-in-law when it came to her imagining / faking hearing gun shots. That's not PTSD. That girl is scandalous AF and manipulative as hell. Surprised they didn't show her smirking after he walked away just to rub our noses in it.

-- Jimmy throwing the can in the trash instead of the recycling! YES!

-- We (or whoever I was talking about it with) were right about Kim being from Nebraska-ish based on her Royals shirt. Again this feels obvious but are we supposed to think she survives this mess and now we have an anchor in Omaha for a post-BB Saul/Jimmy-Kim meetup?

-- I don't think Kim breaks bad, ever. I hope I'm wrong because I want to see her really fall as the cause of Jimmy's full fall and if we get a post-BB story, maybe his redemption.

-- Yes this was the best BCS episode yet. And I'm guessing the next three are E X P L O S I V E.

Preview spoiler --
Pretty sure we saw Chuck having what we're supposed to think is a heart attack in HHM's lobby. OOH THE SUSPENSE

-- Certainly looks like Mike is going to snipe Tio Salamanca like Nacho described taking out Tuco, leading to Tio's stroke / wheelchair / bell setup. But now it seems too obvious so who knows. It's too obvious now, right?

-- I'm guessing we never see Kim and Jimmy practicing law in the same building. No way.

-- We're still on track for Chuck suing Jimmy out of the McGill name, forcing the Saul Goodman name.

-- Jimmy's now former boss really was decent to him. Nice writing there by having him asking what the audience is wondering: Why didn't you even try to make it work? And equally good writing in his response, which is the entire point of the show: "I'm just a square peg."

-- LOVED the montage.

-- LOVED wacky inflatable arms guy, clearly setting up wacky inflatable Statue of Liberty during BB.

-- Ok, I'll admit here I was wrong about Mike's daughter-in-law when it came to her imagining / faking hearing gun shots. That's not PTSD. That girl is scandalous AF and manipulative as hell. Surprised they didn't show her smirking after he walked away just to rub our noses in it.

-- Jimmy throwing the can in the trash instead of the recycling! YES!

-- We (or whoever I was talking about it with) were right about Kim being from Nebraska-ish based on her Royals shirt. Again this feels obvious but are we supposed to think she survives this mess and now we have an anchor in Omaha for a post-BB Saul/Jimmy-Kim meetup?

-- I don't think Kim breaks bad, ever. I hope I'm wrong because I want to see her really fall as the cause of Jimmy's full fall and if we get a post-BB story, maybe his redemption.

-- Yes this was the best BCS episode yet. And I'm guessing the next three are E X P L O S I V E.

Preview spoiler --
Pretty sure we saw Chuck having what we're supposed to think is a heart attack in HHM's lobby. OOH THE SUSPENSE
Good points. I don't think Mike doing that is super obvious because I didn't even think of it until you mentioned it. Makes sense though and wouldn't mind seeing it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Mike back at the taco place to finish the job?

He can't do anything but Kneecap the leader/put him in a wheelchair due to Breaking Bad, so not really.

Also I'm not sure what Kim's end-game is here. She doesn't want to bend the rules, so why is she going with Jimmy?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Also I'm not sure what Kim's end-game is here. She doesn't want to bend the rules, so why is she going with Jimmy?

She's not going with him.

They'd only be working 'together' in the sense that they're under the same roof. This way she can still hang out with him during work like she wants to but his rule bending won't affect her professional life.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
but his rule bending won't affect her professional life.

But that's wrong. If she's attaching her name to him under the "one roof" she's pretty much going to have a reputation hit if anything he does comes to light because she's "associated" with him. Again, I don't get why she would do that if she purposely knows he's gonna flaunt the law.

HoJu

Great episode, as always. So was the point of the flashback with Jimmy's dad to show the parallel with Mike and his stepdaughter? I mean she's not really conning him... but kinda? Mike is no sheep though

Jerrod

But that's wrong. If she's attaching her name to him under the "one roof" she's pretty much going to have a reputation hit if anything he does comes to light because she's "associated" with him. Again, I don't get why she would do that if she purposely knows he's gonna flaunt the law.
Maybe, but they aren't sharing a practice, they will just each have their own offices in the same building with their own names and incorporation or whatever, they won't legally be connected. They could get offices next to each other in a multi-story office building and nobody would probably make any connection between the two.

HoJu

Maybe, but they aren't sharing a practice, they will just each have their own offices in the same building with their own names and incorporation or whatever, they won't legally be connected.

But then Jimmy is just giving her money to open her own firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom