• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocks

Was that public masturbation guy a reference to the scene in BB where Saul is meeting with Badger?

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2I7No0xAXU

https://youtu.be/t2I7No0xAXU?t=122

Ni4oXCB.png

scabro

so i decided to watch the breaking bad pilot again and wasnt even planing to do a rewatch but im already hooked all over again.

i didnt remember that walt's bank is called mesa credit union, their name in green letters.

Wonder if it ends up being related to Mesa Verde somehow...probably already been pointed out but it caught my eye.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
http://www.amc.com/BCS360/360-tour/

Things I found interesting:

-- Jimmy's apartment paintings are all horses. Kim once mentioned / daydreamed with Jimmy about having a ranch or something.

-- boy those are some tall ceilings in there.

-- there's a mystery box or something on the end table next to his couch.

-- in Jimmy's closet, the most colorful shirts are literally at the center. Like his personality.

-- the artwork in Jimmy's room is a mix of bleak adobe prison environs. the other is a generic western mountain scene with a fence right down the middle. HMM.

-- i know this is a corporate apartment but there's basically no indication other than his shirts that he lives here at all. no books, magazines, or any personal nick-knacks. Compare that to Kim's apt:

Kim's apt:

-- You could read into the book selection in Kim's apartment all day long. Notables: The Firm, Pelican Brief, The Wolfe and The Dove, Literally a book called 'the mirror', The Girl in Hyacinth Blue:

Among other things, Vreeland has given us an art detective story, since the early chapters suggest that this marvelous painting--a portrait of a young girl whose face seems to be filled with dreams and longings--may be a lost Vermeer. When we first encounter it, the picture is hidden from view, its possession the dark secret of a lonely mathematician whose father looted it from a Dutch Jewish family that he then sent to die in a concentration camp. Horrified by his father's crimes, he worships the painting with obsessional fervor, fearing that if anyone sees it, the secret of its provenance will come to light. But, as is the way with such things, he also feels compelled to show off his trophy.

-- Lots of mirrors .. for reflection, eh? A nice little phrenology / brain map figurine

-- between that treadmill and those weights, she must work out a lot?

-- no other big obvious signs she's from the midwest, other than 'Lake Wobegon' book.

The Nail Salon Office:

-- whoever put this together wants you to see what Jimmy deems as something important to read and you probably should. If you can't look right now but have to know --
it's a newspaper about multiple sclerosis and stem cell research. do we know anybody with weird symptoms who might have MS?

-- there's a sign next to the light switch at the entrance to his office, LOL. says something like 'please turn ...'.

HHM Offices

-- surprisingly shitty grass situation outside. typically see rock gardens instead of lawns at these upscale locations.

-- Chuck's office has a weird tentacle'd painting behind his chair, echoing the weird one we saw in Howard's office last week.

-- Kim's office has a nicer view actually. The artwork is an endless horizon with no real single-point perspective. ...like she'll never get there..

-- Doc Review room sure has a lot of Schweikert and Coffelt (sp?) boxes in there.

Mike's house

--- yikes.

-- family album, mmhmm /nodding

-- Easy Rider, Casablanca VHS tapes

-- 'Going Rogue' in his bookcase

-- mike's not the type to clear out his microwave when he's done?

-- oh look there's a not-creepy-at-all hidey hutch next to his pantry

bidguy

Banned
are the ratings for this show healthy ? how does it compare to bb early days ? i really dont want this to end prematurely

so i decided to watch the breaking bad pilot again and wasnt even planing to do a rewatch but im already hooked all over again.

i didnt remember that walt's bank is called mesa credit union, their name in green letters.

Wonder if it ends up being related to Mesa Verde somehow...probably already been pointed out but it caught my eye.

Mesa Verde Bank is a tip-of-the-hat to Sergio Leone films, where they were subject of various heists.

-griffy-

Banned
Feel like Mike's plans are always way more straightforward and simple then we anticipate. Walt's convoluted schemes trained is to expect otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom