• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

So hard to watch this show knowing how it ends for our boy. Just hope chuck gets his in the process.

I think jimmy frames the shit out of chuck somehow.

jon_i634

Banned
Bob Odenkirk plays heartbroken so damn well. That close up of him teary-eyed pulling tape off the wall was devastating.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wonderful episode. At this pace the show could realistically end next season.

Btw everyone caught "and that's why (she) left you!", right? That bg filling in one detail at a time.

Still waiting to see how they make Mike involved in all of this rather than just having him and jimmy inconsequentially work together here and there.

I find it funny how we are on Jimmy's side when he did the illegal thing 😂.... FUQ Chuck, I do wonder though how will Chucks death come, like someone will kill him, but would it be using his electricity trauma against him. Or the usual gun and bullet. Hmm the gun one seems too risky making it seem someone had it out for him, bad for Jimmy.

Edit: watching the re run, wasn't it so stupid of Mike to talk to Jimmy immediately after he came out? Shouldn't he have expected that someone may be on the look out for suspicious activity? But then again plot of Gus and Mike meeting won't progress. Still weird mistake on Mike's part

Bandit1

Loved the episode. I thought Jimmy was going to hit Chuck... I think the break in and what follows will be the cause of Jimmy changing his name. Still too early to tell though.

Veelk

Banned
Another great episode.

The way Chuck sets up the trap is pretty great. He knows him enough to know that he will come, somehow, someway, but is still never the less wrong about how he goes about it.

Yep, me too.

Things are looking kinda shitty for Jimmy. I can't wait to see how he gets outta this one.

I just hope whatever happens doesn't completely fuck over Kim, although I get the sinking feeling something bad will happen to her because she's completely caught in the middle of this shitshow fight between two brothers.

Veelk

Banned
I just hope whatever happens doesn't completely fuck over Kim, although I get the sinking feeling something bad will happen to her because she's completely caught in the middle of this shitshow fight between two brothers.

At this point, she's basically an accomplice or accessory. I'm not sure if they can legally prove it, but she's at the very least covered up for Jimmy on more than one occasion, pretending she didn't know what he did when she did.

But they might not even care. They want Jimmy and even if they suspect Kim, they might just not care.

rekameohs

Banned
I find it funny how we are on Jimmy's side when he did the illegal thing 😂....
Mike himself said it best in Season 1.

"I've known good criminals and bad cops, bad priests, honorable thieves-you can be on one side of the law or the other, but if you make a deal with somebody, you keep your word. "

Chuck's betrayal about refusing to hire Jimmy is really what's causing all of this. He's enabling Jimmy's bad habits.

Course, we all know where Saul ends up and uh....kinda becomes a shitball.

Veelk

Banned
Chuck's betrayal about refusing to hire Jimmy is really what's causing all of this. He's enabling Jimmy's bad habits.

Course, we all know where Saul ends up and uh....kinda becomes a shitball.

That's not what enablement is and I really wish this stupid idea would die in a trash fire, where it belongs.

Chuck dicked Jimmy over. That's the extent of it.

Jimmy was a lying, cheating, ambulance chasing fraudster before any of this happened who, when he felt wronged, has responded with disproportionate (if nonviolent) retribution. "Oh fuck, that's the guy who my wife left me for? I'm gonna go shit in his car!"

Even during season 1, where Jimmy was genuinely trying to play be good, the very first episode has him trying to use those skateboarding idiots to solicit a case from the Kettlemen's, the fourth episode has him accepting a bribe and then staging a crisis for advertisement, episode 6 has him aiding and abetting Mike's theft of the policeman's notepad (who believes him to be a murderer, which for all Jimmy knows is true with no moral justification backing it up), and probably several more unethical infractions that I can't remember.

And what would have happened had Jimmy gotten the job at HHM? Probably the same thing that happened to him at Davis and Main. At that point, he had become everything he had aspired to be... and he didn't care for it. Jimmy likes lying, cheating, scamming and fraud.

So you have Jimmy being a criminal scum in childhood, in adolescence, before Chuck blocked him from getting the job he wanted, afterwards, and now. When, precisely, has Jimmy not been an ambulance chaser?

And don't take this to mean that I don't like Jimmy. He's great. And there's even good to be said about him as a lawyer. And Chuck's a jerk, no matter how you parse it. But when it comes to Jimmy, Chuck's been right about him in almost every instance.

And this Mesa Verde thing? He's committed a federal crime because he has a crush. Because that's what that was all about. Chuck didn't push him into it, nothing extraordinary happened. Mesa Verde just went with the lawyer that they believed could best take care of them and Jimmy decided it should be otherwise. If Jimmy is willing to do something like that for such a flimsy excuse, then I doubt that there's anything Chuck could have done to permanently make Jimmy a law abiding citizen. Not that he handled it in the ideal way either, because, like I said, he's a jerk.

But Jimmy gonna Jimmy, and there doesn't seem to be anybody in the world who can do anything about that. Even when Kim, his beloved friend and now lover, when she straight up asked him if he was going to continue to be an ambulance chaser, he started lying. He stopped, to his credit, but his first impulse was nevertheless to lie to her, his truest friend, so he could get her to do what he wants her to.

Jimmy is so bad at stealth. I was yelling at my screen when he changed seats.
That by itself wasn't too bad, but he just kept blatantly staring directly at the guy and his handbag. Anybody would have made him.

Jimmy is so bad at stealth. I was yelling at my screen when he changed seats. Gus is still scary. VICTOR has returned from the dead. Enjoy life while you can.

Loved the line, "This guy does not want to talk about Cracker Barrel."

That broke me. Might be best line of the series, so far.

1. I don't remember but in BB - Mike was Gus' bodyguard right?

2. Who was the guy in the black Cadillac that lured Mike out?

3. The secretary - was she in BB?

4. In episode 1 - why did Jimmy fall unconscious?

Top Bottom