• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazduh

Wow, I finally got around to listen Tegan & Sarah Love you to Death and WOW! is shaping to be the best pop experience for me this year.

Faint of Heart

5UnY9c7.gif

Dying to Know

XS8oWXt.gif

Yas, although I felt Heartthrob was a bit better.

Speaking of musically talented twins, The Moronicas have released their latest single which is quite good IMHO.

In My Blood

Co-written by the inescapable Australian production team DNA Songs.

Florence took on Janet in the third bracket. Who made top 4?

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNER - THE VELVET ROPE (Janet Jackson)
thevelvetrope.jpg

This was a pretty competitive match, but Janet's legendary status sealed its fate. Points to Florence for turning out upsets in this game though!

Capture_zps3krlz8p2.png

THE VELVET ROPE moves on to the SEMI-FINAL round. Stay tuned for the FINAL BRACKET!

FINAL FOUR

RAY OF LIGHT
E-MO-TION
THE VELVET ROPE
???

Alright bitches it's the last match before we go top 4 and this one is already making my joints ache.

I can't watch. D:

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

This round will determine your top four. Two albums each match, one ascends.

Third ballot up for vote:

BEYONCE (Beyonce) vs CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (Madonna)
beyonce-visual-album-cover-400x400.jpg
10629.jpg

FAVORABILITY QUOTIENT (based on vote tally from previous rounds):
Beyonce - 112
Confessions On A Dance Floor - 80

ANALYSIS:
Beyonce's won the past rounds handily with Self-Titled, but Madonna's albums tend to fare better when compared directly to her contemporaries. Legend and all that. I'd love to see both Ray of Light and Confessions in the final four but it won't be easy.

VOTE HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/kXQl8kRQilLKA2jH2

VOTING ENDS
t1466730000z2.png

I will agree on Confessions being overrated as a body of work although you can't deny that it ushered in new wave pop music as we know it today. Kylie, Robin and Tegan and Sara are heavily inspired by this album.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Self-Titled for sure....like seriously...for sure...I know Madonna is like the Queen of Pop...but like self-titled...for sure...pls

Mau ®

Shaking my damn head

Confessions was a breath of fresh air when it came out in a climate full of me-too R&B alberms. Meanwhile Self-Titled (an amazing album tbh) was just a highly refined and elegant version of Unapologetic.

Vote for Confessions! Vote for the last time Madonna release a worthy alberm!!

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;208111110 said:
Vote for Confessions! Vote for the last time Madonna release a worthy alberm!!
Shhhh, don't say that out loud or you are going to wake up the people that think that Rebel Heart was a return to form for her.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Any other match up and Beyonce would have got my vote
A shame she had to be up against Confessions of a Goddess

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

This round will determine your top four. Two albums each match, one ascends.

Third ballot up for vote:

BEYONCE (Beyonce) vs CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR (Madonna)
beyonce-visual-album-cover-400x400.jpg
10629.jpg

FAVORABILITY QUOTIENT (based on vote tally from previous rounds):
Beyonce - 112
Confessions On A Dance Floor - 80

ANALYSIS:
Beyonce's won the past rounds handily with Self-Titled, but Madonna's albums tend to fare better when compared directly to her contemporaries. Legend and all that. I'd love to see both Ray of Light and Confessions in the final four but it won't be easy.

VOTE HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/kXQl8kRQilLKA2jH2

VOTING ENDS
t1466730000z2.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I kinda really like the new ghostbusters theme
i truly am trash

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the All In My Head (Flex) music video. I liked the song. However, Fetty Wap should annunciate more and actually open his mouth when he sings... Also, I think Camila thinks she's the "lead" of the group sometimes, but I'd honestly cut her if I were managing them. Her breathy style doesn't blend with the others very well (and I really don't like it).

Top Bottom