• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Mau ®

I mean an album that closes with "All Is Full of Love" is a Triumph and should win any competition...And yet here we are, the fucking nadir of PopGaf's existence.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

lady-gaga-sxsw.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
That is what people asked when they saw Carly Rae Jepsen performing at the streets
That is what people asked when they saw Carly Rae Jepsen at the tea shop with that Karmin teas.
d9c4d47a65.gif

Funny you use a gif of black people while trying to defend your racist fave Bworjk.

A vote for Carly is a vote for a hard-working not-racist humble queen.
R9TdTCs.jpg

Good turnout this round :)

A few more hours to go so be sure to vote if you haven't! A vote for ______ is a vote for the winning alber tbh

I know hews are usually not well regarded in this community, but since it's Sunday and look like there isn't much going on, spend some minutes to give a listen to one of the rare Spanish artists worth checking out.

avatars-000155587412-hbfwnl-t500x500.jpg

Sofi de la Torre - "Vermillion"
I keep going to this track 2 years later, the constant tension, the pulsating synth during the verses, the breathy vocals and the progression. Flawless pop.

Sofi de la Torre - "Mess"
Low key bop

Sofi de la Torre - "Sit Down"
Her latest single. The solid production and breathy vocals are still there, but with some R&B ideas and some attitde throw in the mix, and it ends up suiting her.

Get into her!

Sofi de la Torre - '19 in Mexico' ... So smooth & Nostalgic!

rhandino

Banned
After recent revelations you would think that Michael Jackson will finally start to loose stans that will defend HIM
not his legacy which is undeniable
yet OT is proving me wrong about that.

After recent revelations you would think that Michael Jackson will finally start to loose stans that will defend HIM
not his legacy which is undeniable
yet OT is proving me wrong about that.

Yeah, people want to so desperately separate Michael the person from Michael the icon, coz the latter had so much influence on their lives. Kind of peculiar to watch folks project that. lol

Canada's sweetheart took on Iceland's temperamental groundskeeper whale woman. Scroll down to see who won.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNER - E-MO-TION (Carly Rae Jepsen)
carly-rae-jepsen-emotion.jpg

This match spent about half the time at a gridlocked 50-50 split, but the second half of the match saw Carly pulling ahead, and by quite a lot. All things considered, Homogenic performed above expectations.

Capture_zps5ezwkurp.png

E-MO-TION moves on to the SEMI-FINAL round. Stay tuned for BRACKET C!

Neptune

Yikes. Two straight losses for my faves. But at least they lost to respectable competition – Ray Of Light is undeniable, and E-MO-TION is modern pop at its best.

rhandino

Banned
Talent, fun and PopMusic won this round! Congrats to this comm for showing good taste and class for once

MlFi1En.gif

even so I would also would have been happy if Homogenic won because it is a great album and All is Full of Love is everything.

Mau ®;207846377 said:
If Homogenic loses to that overrated thing ��
Y3suwgY.gif

Things were loosened for sure sis.

tumblr_o8x45uhjnO1v9roxto4_400.gif
Y3suwgY.gif

The underdogs face off to determine the third semifinalist.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

This round will determine your top four. Two albums each match, one ascends.

Third ballot up for vote:

HOW BIG, HOW BLUE, HOW BEAUTIFUL (Florence + The Machine) vs THE VELVET ROPE (Janet Jackson)
ArticleSharedImage-54111.jpg
thevelvetrope.jpg

FAVORABILITY QUOTIENT (based on vote tally from previous rounds):
The Velvet Rope - 83
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - 82

ANALYSIS:
Literally anyone's to win. Both have been positioned as underdogs who overperformed in their respective rounds. Janet has a unique following here, while Florence's influence is a lot more muted. I'm betting on Janet this time.

VOTE HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/GQ2xjvoSQj3RTCAv1

VOTING ENDS
t1466625600z2.png

FINAL FOUR

RAY OF LIGHT - Madonna
E-MO-TION - Carly Rae Jepsen
???
???

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
my vote goes to the Welch angel of London

1428937021469538592.jpg

rhandino

Banned
A vote for The Velvet Rope is a vote for quality and talent!

A vote for HBHBHB is a vote for Florence lesser album!

You decide.

B-Dex

Vote for the enchanting songstress singing the theme to the final fantasy over a decade in the making.

Or you can vote for a pedophile's sister.

You Decide.

Top Bottom