• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
what happened to the good sis Leona? Why is she banned?
The good sis thought that posting the new Kanye West video without a NSFW tag was going to fly on OT

1XTvb1G.gif

In one hand is better than getting banned over the Vita or by stating how hot members of Nintendo localization team are so congrats! I guess

MlFi1En.gif

But in the other hand Kanye new video is boring basura so I am not so sure getting banned over it is something to be proud too...

Y3suwgY.gif

I hope Garret-sis don't look the vid tho because is going to trigger haself into oblivion

Yt1N2NL.gif

Go and listen to Love you to Death in Spotify or buy it on iTunes.

E2Awf0J.gif

alejandro is great

tumblr_no0wl1I8sK1utrhlpo1_500.gif
On her best vids.

Bad Romance
Alejandro
Telephone

Gaga MV Trinity.

royalan

I'm still down to do the podcast (even though a good chunk of pop music sucks right now)

Touchdown got banned before we could nail things down.

And Mau turned straight.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So we're over half of the way through the year, what are peoples top 3 albums so far?

1. Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande
2. Skin - Flume
3. Lemonade - Beyonce

This year has not been great. Only have around 5 albums I like, and two more EPs

Mau ®

Flume's album is pretty good. I especially like "Wall Fuck".

Wouldn't say it's a contender for my AOTY list though. The AOTY is still "The Life of Pablo" Whew.

1. HANA - Hana EP
2. Chairlift - Moth
3. Moderat - III
4. Seiho - Collapse
5. Broods - Conscious

My top 5 so far. I haven't listened to Tegan & Sara's album yet though.

Mau ®

1.- Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
2.- dvsn - SEPT 5TH
3.- James Blake - The Colour in Anything
4.- Tegan & Sara - I Love You To Death
5.- RUFUS - In Bloom

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Mau ®;208397059 said:
Flume's album is pretty good. I especially like "Wall Fuck".

Wouldn't say it's a contender for my AOTY list though. The AOTY is still "The Life of Pablo" Whew.
I still need to listen to Flume's album. I put Lemonade over TLOP though simply because it flows a lot better.

So my current list goes like:

1. Lemonade
2. The Life of Pablo
3. Coloring Book
4. 7/27

Mau ®

I would give Lemonade a chance if it was up on Spotify. As it is, I'm certainly not gonna pay for a TIDAL subscription nor am I interested anymore in paying for digital downloads.

I only buy a physical (vynil) when I really like the alberm.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY! Looks like the whole community was mutually MIA this weekend so I don't feel too bad :p

Now back to business. You've determined the final album joining the semifinals. Scroll!!!

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNER - BEYONCE (Beyonce)
beyonce-visual-album-cover-400x400.jpg

Your voices were loud and clear this time. Beyonce's Self-Titled album has swept every round so far, and even managed to bulldoze over an early Madonna favorite.

Capture_zpszquxw5f2.png

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I PRESENT TO YOU THE FINAL FOUR:

Round%203%20winners_zpswsag6e9u.png

Is this the final four you expected? I was definitely expecting to see Lemonade and TFM instead of Self-Titled and The Velvet Rope, but I appreciate the mix of classic and new.

Stay tuned for the first of two semifinal rounds!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I PRESENT TO YOU THE FINAL FOUR:

Round%203%20winners_zpswsag6e9u.png

Is this the final four you expected? I was definitely expecting to see Lemonade and TFM instead of Self-Titled and The Velvet Rope, but I appreciate the mix of classic and new.

Stay tuned for the first of two semifinal rounds!
CRJ is so out of place in this lineup of iconic albums. Poor her.

Game's almost over! Scroll down to choose your first tournament finalist.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

The semifinals will determine which 2 albums will face off in the championship round. Choose your top 2 wisely!

SEMIFINAL ROUND 1:

E.MO.TION (Carly Rae Jepsen) vs RAY OF LIGHT (Madonna)
carly-rae-jepsen-emotion.jpg
9d0135d911b691369ec9b0398ffd8d9fee0fe8c1.jpg

FAVORABILITY QUOTIENT (based on vote tally from previous rounds):
E-MO-TION: 150
Ray of Light: 123

ANALYSIS:
E-MO-TION holds the upper hand based on previous performance, though Ray of Light has a pretty untouchable reputation as a classic album. I imagine the relevant newness of E-MO-TION might dim its shine this time, but not sure by how much.

VOTE HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/KJQaYuj7arxoJyfG3

VOTING ENDS
t1467144000z2.png

Top Bottom