• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Yado

i want gaga's new era to start so that Katheryn can swoop in and snatch that #1 from her and we get Gaga vs Katy: Dawn of Stan Wars

I like the way you think.

tumblr_o15wwdHoQz1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

PInk Tape

Banned
The solos seems to do well enough to keep doing releases and they do pretty well in the charts there. Also I like the Mini Albums (3-6 tracks with 2 instrumentals or remixes) some acts drop to stay visible without actually dropping a full album. (Sometimes releasing multiple minis in the year which you could technically make an album even if such thing wont be too cohesive depending the stylings they go between minis)

EDIT: I would pay to watch Teddy fighting for Artistic Integrity in Korea. The gif material <3

^^^^

And sometimes releasing one mini album or even a single is better than releasing nothing at all. Especially now where there are so many groups debuting and putting out new material.

Ngl, I'd want to see Teddy do a show like Produce 101 just for the lashings and the mess.

qDMA8zZ.gif

Meowster

It'll be interesting to see what Katy does this time around since she won't be able to release Firework for the third time. Maybe a Dark Horse 2.0?

Yado

I think I'd lie for you
I think I'd die for you
Jodeci Cry For You
Do things when you want me too
Like controlla, controlla

G8a8NqS.gif

Whew, almost as good as Work

All my life I always thought Beyoncé was overrated trash

Then LEMONADE squirted into existence

I can finally say...

Beyoncé finally has ONE GOOD ALBUM

Frodo

All my life I always thought Beyoncé was overrated trash

Then LEMONADE squirted into existence

I can finally say...

Beyoncé finally has ONE GOOD ALBUM

Welcome back?

Anyway, I don't see Lemonade as this life giving entity people are seeing, but OKAY. I'll let you guys have fun.

FREEDOM is a bop, though. And Formation, of course.

MrV4ltor

Nawt Bonnie McKee liking these tweets:
@NickPerezVanity u can thank @BonnieMcKee for the stolen teenage dream aesthetic/concept and co writing all the hits :) &#10024;&#10024;&#65533;&#65533;&#10083;
When the sight of Katy makes you wanna throw her in a wood chipper but the Teenage Dreams album was a bop...
Seems like Titty will have to rely on someone else to write her hits. Kiiii

I don't get the lemonade praise.

Overall it's an okay album (no offensively bad stuff on it), but nothing really stands out. I find "Sorry" and "Formation" pretty good, but the rest of the album. I won't use. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

MrV4ltor

Yeah, Lemonade isn't as amazing to me as it seems to be to most people.
I like Formation, Daddy Lessons, Hold Up and Freedom. Oh and 6 Inch when I'm drunk, but that's it.

This Is What You Came For is such a shameless, repetitive, nowhere going, thirteen in a dozen Calvin Harris track....

...But it's still stuck in my head. The bridge is pretty cool, and I love Rih's vocals on it. I can imagine it playing in a club, or during a summer barbeque party, and immediately feeling a little nicer because of it. ^^

3phemeral

The unexpected places I've heard "Becky with the good hair" this week is crazy. Samantha Bee's Full Frontal, The White House Correspondence Dinner, and even NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell me.

Ha impact.

EhRAc2

The places I've heard "Becky with the good hair" this week is crazy. Samantha Bee's Full Frontal, The White House Correspondence Dinner, and even NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell me.

Ha impact.

EhRAc2

You should listen to the NPR Politics podcast. It's the last place you'd expect it, but in just about every episode Beyonce gets mentioned. When Hillary said she carry's "hot sauce in her bag", there was an obvious link to current political events, but even without it Beyonce somehow always gets namedropped on that show. I feel like it's becoming a running joke.

Welcome back?

Anyway, I don't see Lemonade as this life giving entity people are seeing, but OKAY. I'll let you guys have fun.

FREEDOM is a bop, though. And Formation, of course.

Thank you! :D

I guess it's just me but I'm really digging LEMONADE

I wasn't really a fan of self-titled... Found it boring except for Partition and 7/11

But thank you for allowing me fun for something I like I guess?

3phemeral

You should listen to the NPR Politics podcast. It's the last place you'd expect it, but in just about every episode Beyonce gets mentioned. When Hillary said she carry's "hot sauce in her bag", there was an obvious link to current political events, but even without it Beyonce somehow always gets namedropped on that show. I feel like it's becoming a running joke.

I must have missed it. I usually do listen in but I alternate between our local Michigan NPR and the one I used to listen to back home from California but it's only while driving to and from places. I'm sure the coverage and times are a bit little different. I didn't know they had a podcast, looks like I'll add it to my Google Play Music list. :)

Can you get banned again? Now aim for the perma.

Meghan (needs a) Trainor will be releasing her soon to be #1 album to the world soon... So I suggest you buckle up and accept the fact that she will slay the charts hit after hit...

... After she's finished eating her dessert of course, but knowing her she'll go for seconds delaying the process

No is a bop. But literally everything else she's released from this album so far is a fetid piece of ordure that even Katheryn wouldn't attach her name to.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Meghan (needs a) Trainor will be releasing her soon to be #1 album to the world soon... So I suggest you buckle up and accept the fact that she will slay the charts hit after hit...

... After she's finished eating her dessert of course, but knowing her she'll go for seconds delaying the process
As a fan of her first album, I'm honestly surprised "No" is as popular as it is. I was expecting in the top twenty, but not top ten. I don't think it will do as well as her first album did. Haven't listened to any of her promo singles, due to wanting the to listen to it in order.

MrV4ltor

So you're one of her Personal Trainors™?
Ew.

As a fan of her first album, I'm honestly surprised "No" is as popular as it is. I was expecting in the top twenty, but not top ten. I don't think it will do as well as her first album did. Haven't listened to any of her promo singles, due to wanting the to listen to it in order.

NO grew on me ngl. For me personally, i'm not surprised it went top 10 in USA but not in UK (UK has taste of course :] )

A song about flat-out rejecting men altogether being a success isn't surprising in this day and age tbh

Meghan could be part of the illuminati, giving Katy Berry a run for her money

So you're one of her Personal Trainors™?
Ew.

Meghan is the reason why the GP won't be here for Katy Berry's 4th album, hence why she wont be threat to Godga anymore... we should be thankful tbh

Who needs Katy Berry when we have Meghan (needs a ) Trainor now?

im not a PT btw ;)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Meghan is the reason why the GP won't be here for Katy Berry's 4th album, hence why she wont be threat to Godga anymore... we should be thankful tbh

Who needs Katy Berry when we have Meghan (needs a ) Trainor now?

im not a PT btw ;)

LOL Meghan Trainor doesnt have the same pull as Katy Perry in terms of numbers so lets not get ahead of ourselves. Also Gaga is a threat to herself considering the mediocre Artpop and Ass 2 Ass

LOL Meghan Trainor doesnt have the same pull as Katy Perry in terms of numbers so lets not get ahead of ourselves. Also Gaga is a threat to herself considering the mediocre Artpop and Ass 2 Ass

The fact that Slay 2 Slay nearly outsold SLAYPOP'S total US sales...

original.gif

MrV4ltor

Slay2Slay received more Grammys than Katy's entire discography, so excuse your foul mouth.

gaga-tony.gif

Top Bottom