• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

MrV4ltor

Sia providing the bops as per usual.

tumblr_mmhqymL8gr1qcrdi7o1_r1_250.gif

Even though she kinda stole the instrumental from Gags

who

edit: which titans have released so far? only rihanna and beyonce have come and they delivered quality (at least bey did) and something new

Servbot24

Banned
nah they're pretty amazing. Kanye and Drake are flops and are unable to try something new the way Rih and Bey did so that's expected of them.

but kanye is by far the most out there of any of those. especially if you're referring to his whole career then you are just being wonky

bey's album doing something new is way overstated. she just borrows more and adds more diversity than she usually does. it sounds nice but she's not breaking ground.

llehuty

nah they're pretty amazing. Kanye and Drake are flops and are unable to try something new the way Rih and Bey did so that's expected of them.
The Lana stan coming with the "try something new"? This community should be called IronyGAF. Also, Kanye did the "release an album with a music film" before Beyonce with My beautiful dark twisted fantasy, so take several seats with the "try something new".

And putting Drake and Kanye in the same level is disgusting. Drake would be nobody without Kanye West's 808 and heartbreak.

The Met Gala is this Monday. Get perched.

Rihanna will serve top tier and get all the attention

Beyonce will wear something weirdly matronly and kinda sad

Gaga will serve chola final boss fight and her lace front won't be glued all the way

Katy will not look like a dumb Hamptonite for once coz her manager will pick her outfit for her

Taylor will look great and we'll give her a compliment and move on

MrV4ltor

Rihanna will serve top tier and get all the attention

Beyonce will wear something weirdly matronly and kinda sad

Gaga will serve chola final boss fight and her lace front won't be glued all the way

Katy will not look like a dumb Hamptonite for once coz her manager will pick her outfit for her

Taylor will look great and we'll give her a compliment and move on

Gaga probably won't even go lmao
She has horses to feed and a fiance to fuck.

Katy always looks terrible. "I'm growing" she said. "More mature" she said. And then she always steps out looking like this:

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
but will bey come with jay?
will she even attend with it being sandwiched between two shows

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh at tay being honourary chair
i bet she still looks basic

The Lana stan coming with the "try something new"? This community should be called IronyGAF. Also, Kanye did the "release an album with a music film" before Beyonce with My beautiful dark twisted fantasy, so take several seats with the "try something new".

And putting Drake and Kanye in the same level is disgusting. Drake would be nobody without Kanye West's 808 and heartbreak.
Typical annoying as fuck Kanye stan
giphy.gif

You really got me there, trying to come for me for stanning someone with a unique sound that actually changed the sound that got her sales and acclaim for her second album. Lana released a music movie too boo, so take several seats and go back into stanning another factory fabricated basic ass talentless kpop hew

Servbot24

Banned
You really got me there, trying to come for me for stanning someone with a unique sound that actually changed the sound that got her sales and acclaim for her second album. Lana released a music movie too boo, so take several seats and go back into stanning another factory fabricated basic ass talentless kpop hew

what does this mean

Blood Diamonds is racist towards Koreans is what I get from it.
yep, that's totally it. Not the fact that most of these kpop girls aren't allowed to stand out from their groups musically and probably couldn't make it on their own and all follow the same basic ass pop sound to try and gain as much coins as possible.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yep, that's totally it. Not the fact that most of these kpop girls aren't allowed to stand out from their groups musically and probably couldn't make it on their own and all follow the same basic ass pop sound to try and gain as much coins as possible.
In Kpop the girls can release solo albums while still being in the group and sound completely different from the group in their solo if they know what they are doing. What is the issue? Also the same thing exists in the US with plenty of popstars being manufactured but its not talked much about it.

Gain from Brown Eyed Girls, Taeyeon from SNSD, Hyuna from 4 minute and even CL from 2NE1 have released solo material just to mention examples and of course if the group members are not talented enough to do solo stuff they wont let them do solo material and if they dont have talent to produce or write their own material of course someone will do it.

As for Lana with her live vocals, lack of moves and charisma she wouldn't reach auditions in Korea.
452111615.gif

In Kpop the girls can release solo albums while still being in the group and sound completely different from the group in their solo if they know what they are doing. What is the issue? Also the same thing exists in the US with plenty of popstars being manufactured but its not talked much about it.

Gain from Brown Eyed Girls, Taeyeon from SNSD, Hyuna from 4 minute and even CL from 2NE1 have released solo material just to mention examples and of course if the group members are not talented enough to do solo stuff they wont let them do solo material and if they dont have talent to produce or write their own material of course someone will do it.

As for Lana with her live vocals, lack of moves and charisma she wouldn't reach auditions in Korea.
452111615.gif
In the US there hasn't been a NEW major pop girl at all in years and the ones that do make it like Lorde don't follow any established acts like Britney Spears back when she was alive or Madonna. There are of course some manufactured acts like Hitlor and her PR machine, but even Beyonce can't get a #1 and she couldn't back when she was following a much more streamlined act that was the norm for popstars.

Does any of that solo material sell? Or is it like what would happen if Camila Caballo released a solo album here in the U.S?

And girl Teddy Sinclair/Natallia Kills/Cruel Youth/Verbalicious would probably get in a fight in a kpop audition because of artistic integrity

Vazra

In the US there hasn't been a NEW major pop girl at all in years and the ones that do make it like Lorde don't follow any established acts like Britney Spears back when she was alive or Madonna. There are of course some manufactured acts like Hitlor and her PR machine, but even Beyonce can't get a #1 and she couldn't back when she was following a much more streamlined act that was the norm for popstars.

Does any of that solo material sell? Or is it like what would happen if Camila Caballo released a solo album here in the U.S?

The solos seems to do well enough to keep doing releases and they do pretty well in the charts there. Also I like the Mini Albums (3-6 tracks with 2 instrumentals or remixes) some acts drop to stay visible without actually dropping a full album. (Sometimes releasing multiple minis in the year which you could technically make an album even if such thing wont be too cohesive depending the stylings they go between minis)

EDIT: I would pay to watch Teddy fighting for Artistic Integrity in Korea. The gif material <3

Vazra

where is the gif from tho? is that in the game?

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PC (Wings are modded out), Beach Stage. That's a grapple she has in the game.

Lets appreciate her grapple in a combo from the Combo Training. (Get the F2P copy today on PS4 and purchase Nyotengu if you are a cheap bitch)
bMR186Q.gif

It's been a long time since I came around
Been a long time but I'm back in town
And this time I'm not leaving without you

gif_you_and_i_by_tutoriales_paris-d5bn5qw.gif

After a month long absence I am beyond ready for LG5 :)

MrV4ltor

Welcome back, sis.
Just remember: Don't be a mess outside of here and you'll be fine.

gaga-kiss.gif

Meowster

Welcome back. Hopefully we'll all be able to be around for Gaga's eventual revival when LG5 is officially announced in Q1 2018.

Majmun

kanye and drake

rih and bey were fine but got worn out pretty fast

Kanye's and Drake's latest material is stale and probably their worst stuff so far. There's nothing groundbreaking about their new music either.

Bey and Rih are improving. Especially Bey.

I don't need a dozen roses
You ain't gotta wine and dine me, no
I don't need a pretty poet
Oooh, gettin' all emotional
You gotta beg for it, beg for it
I wanna see you lookin' up
Baby I'ma need you to beg for it

MZptsoZ.gif

[Hook: Drake]
That's why I need a one dance
Got a Hennessy in my hand
One more time 'fore I go