• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Just took a three minute break from Make Me to listen to Rise. Savan Kotecha and Max Martin together produced this? I mean, it's alright.. there's nothing particularly bad about the song. There's nothing great about it either, though. This just sounds like another one of Katy's power ballads where she over-exaggerates her struggles and promotes the idea of survival. The abrupt ending is also kinda strange. Not Katy's best effort, but certainly not her worst. It's got me interested in what direction she'll go with her upcoming album, at least.

It's not really fair to compare it to Make Me, though. They went for two different sounds and reactions.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just took a three minute break from Make Me to listen to Rise. Savan Kotecha and Max Martin together produced this? I mean, it's alright.. there's nothing particularly bad about the song. There's nothing great about it either, though. This just sounds like another one of Katy's power ballads where she over-exaggerates her struggles and promotes the idea of survival. The abrupt ending is also kinda strange. Not Katy's best effort, but certainly not her worst. It's got me interested in what direction she'll go with her upcoming album, at least.

It's not really fair to compare it to Make Me, though. They went for two different sounds and reactions.

Katy going Real Music™ and Britney reheating same old shit? Agree.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Burntney's song is cute but it PALES in comparison to SHE HAS (RISE)N

BX7vAm2.jpg

JvibpiT.jpg
BX7vAm2.jpg
JvibpiT.jpg
BX7vAm2.jpg
JvibpiT.jpg
BX7vAm2.jpg

JvibpiT.jpg

BX7vAm2.jpg

JvibpiT.jpg

royalan

Hmmm

I credit Britney for trying something new.

But this is only new for her.

Y'all was talking about Ciara earlier. THIS sounds like a Ciara track. Like Promise era Ciara.

And I need my Pop girls to stop thinking they need to tack on whack rap verses from whack rappers to sell.

Yawn... NEXT

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Rise >>>>>>>>>>>> Roar

Make Me >>>>>>> Pretty Girls

Pop girls this year jumping up in quality >>

Three and a half wine glasses in and apparently Katy and Brit are launching their eras right now?

Hope Britney ends ha

+1

Have only heard the preview so far, but not really feeling Rise. With Olympic promo, though, it should be big.

royalan

According to an interview Rise isn't the KP4 lead. I guess she may not release this year then?

Good...cuz UGH

Rise is better than Animate Me, but that ain't saying much. It's yet another corny, meant-for-commercials and Glee-but-oh-Glee-is-over inspirational track that she shits out in her sleep.

To pop megastars release tracks on the same day and both are garbage.

Let me check out Tinashe, ha struggle.

Nasser

I don't get why Britneys team can't understand the fact that the world hate white rappers. Anyways he's good, better than Iggy anyways

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't get why Britneys team can't understand the fact that the world hate white rappers. Anyways he's good, better than Iggy anyways

Its not that the world hates white rappers but the world is tired of forced rap into songs. THe song could probably be fine if they added something else for Britney without the rap stuff.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why is "Cheap Thrills" $0.69 on iTunes? Thematic pricing?

technopath

Neo Member
Rise is generic filth that a Disney Channel actress who can't sing would release. But so was Roar and that burned up the charts so I expect it do well commercially.

Make Me (Bald) was a breath of fresh air. It ended Britney's dry streak and made me excited for this era. ITZ 2.0 is coming.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
That's the lowest price a song can sell for and still be counted towards the Hot 100. Katy does that all the time with her remixes.

But isn't it Sia's current single? I've never seen a new song be that low.

Top Bottom