• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

royalan

Tinahse's Superlove is cute. I enjoy it more than Make Me (A Ciara Tribute Act) and repRise. But it's just good album filler. She needs a hit, and this ain't it. But it IS cute.

I wasn't feeling Superlove by Tinashe at all. I'm so sad that Player didn't smash

#Justice for Player

As for Rise and Make Me Ooh, they don't seem any different than what they would release normally. I do like the production on Make Me though, shame it wasn't given to someone who can sing well.

Zutroy

Now I know this comm hates Brit, but y'all can't be serious in pretending Rise is better than Make Me.

I do fear for my fave though cos if Katy completely bought out iTunes she probably bought radio too.

Aguila

#ICONIC
New Sia album is pretty good. I just got into it.

I mean, the songs are really safe and nothing special. But it's quaility pop.

One Million Bullets, Unstoppable (written for Demi Lovato) and Reaper (written for Rihanna) are outstanding.

Omg. I just started listening to this album as well, and it is GOOD.
deadbanana2_zpsd45da7d4.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Welp that didn't long last for Brit. Understandable since KT is all over the banners.

I couldn't even find Britney anywhere on the store's front page before she started showing up in the Top 10. I had to search for her.

rhandino

Banned
Rise, Make Me (Flop) and SuperLove released? HELL NO! I am too sleepy rn so let me listen to them in the morning.

EDIT: omg! Katy is about to cock block Kneee!!! LMAO, first Gaga and now what rihmains of Britney... I approve.

ed872180eb55facd841ad24e630387c1.jpg

Nasser

Katy can't get the #1 spot on iTunes after a surprise release + taken over iTunes and with no leaks of her song or the music video 😭😭 Katy over?

Edit: also she had jets fly across the sky and yet she can't break the top 10. Now that's sad

Screaming there's a comment on Make Me on YouTube that's like "I love how this isn't commercial"

Sis, it's less than 4 minutes and features some HEW rapper. Commercial af.

Frodo

I don't mind QUALITY pop, really. It can be cheesy, it can be made for the masses, but this is just... passable. There is no creativity, no spark, nothing to make it rise above the millions of tracks available for free
-ish
on Soundcloud from anon hews. It wouldn't hurt to listen to it again if it's playing on the radio, or on a £1 shop, but I wouldn't actively pursue listening to it again.

Frodo

Talking about Britney, listening to actual good Britney songs, like Heaven on Earth, and Trip to Your Heart. <3

And, btw, Heaven on Earth STILL feeling more contemporary than Make Me.

Nasser

Mau ®;210054216 said:
I ain't giving my cents to a corpse and Katy. No Spotify, no click.

it's not like you had any when you let your girl debut with 460... keep it.

Anyways, Make Me is actually doing so well I'm shocked! it's #1 on iTunes in most countries. Global legend

britneybomtabcspecial.gif

Mau ®

it's not like you had any when you let your girl debut with 460... keep it.

&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;

Your corpse will have a hard time getting a hit 1/4 as big as "Work" or an album that sells anywhere close to ANTi. Going #1 on iTunes for a couple of minutes in 2016 is meaningless.

I'd be boiling too if my fave started jacking Selena Gomez (now her superior tbh) in the 15th year of her career &#128514;

Nasser

Mau ®;210056370 said:
&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;

Your corpse will have a hard time getting a hit 1/4 as big as "Work" or an album that sells anywhere close to ANTi. Going #1 on iTunes for a couple of minutes in 2016 is meaningless.

I'd be boiling too if my fave started jacking Selena Gomez (now her superior tbh) in the 15th year of her career &#65533;&#65533;

I'd be really boiling if Britney sold 460 first week, honestly. Not when she's dominating the US iTunes and the entire world right now &#65533;&#65533;

You of all people should know this song is heavily inspired by Britney's previous album In The Zone. The one you had on repeat for about your entire life btw, not Selena. But hey you can believe whatever makes you happy.

Top Bottom