• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Still waiting for Fadga to save us tbh. Come on Gags, release a song that wasn't written in the 1700s!

Hopefully FatGa saves us from these disappointing pop gurls

Or else we actually have to embrace MegHag and Igloo as our new IT girls

tumblr_mhco8wnQaw1qlvwnco1_400.gif

August is all open for FatGa to use and reign supreme

Slaytendo's comeback was successful, now it's Gags' time

tumblr_o6atscrx5X1r6qvkdo1_250.gif

Real Music stays unbothered tho

Meowster

Make Me is better than all of Britney Jean and a huge improvement on Pretty Girls. I like it. I'm not sure either of these songs are hit quality though.. guess we will just have to wait and see.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I honestly think both songs are boring as hell. Rise sounds like every other song out there here now. Hell I was kind of looking forward to something like Roar, which is still a fucking phenomenal song.

Make Me is essentially Work Bitch 2.0 and I can almost guarantee that ha alberm is gonna be another "I just ate four cheesy gordita crunches followed by a half liter of Baja blast at Taco Bell" over bloated mess that is followed by a swift wave of diarrhea once finished.

Styles

Leave it to Perra to suck Max Martin and Ali Payama's dicks' dry of any potential they may have had before recording SINK. Literally a PERRAsite.

Make Me is essentially Work Bitch 2.0 and I can almost guarantee that ha alberm is gonna be another "I just ate four cheesy gordita crunches followed by a half liter of Baja blast at Taco Bell" over bloated mess that is followed by a swift wave of diarrhea once finished.

Rise is a 2016 Roar. She literally removed the 80s trend and instead applied that hollow production/ wailing indie girl filter that's popular now. I don't understand how she gets away with being so cookie-cutter and boring. She is consistently the worst.

That's not a compliment for Make Me though; even though it's borderline refreshing to see her take a swing at adult contemporary for a change (well, as close to that as she can) it's still ubiquitous radio fodder. At least she has a shot at radio though.

Rihanna won.

Katy's new song is awful, Britney's new song is not very good either. I'd be rooting for gags but honestly her first single probably won't be good either.

MrV4ltor

Make Me Poo sounds like a Selegend Gomez reject, just 20 times worse, with even worse vocals and an irrelevant rapper feature.
I'm actually kinda astonished that Knee even has the ability to speak, considering how paper thin her voice sounds when singing.

Haven't listened to Rise yet, because lightning struck my house yesterday and wrecked my router, so the only internet access I have at the moment is my crappy phone connection.

hey swift stans whats the best taylor swift song
Red, Begin Again, Out of the Woods, Style, Innocent, Mine, Haunted, Sweeter Than Fiction, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, All Too Well, Forever and Always - everything else. You might as well just listen to all of her post-debut albums. You won't regret it.

MANUELF

Banned
Ahora que la chusma despertó Britney ya cayó a numero 2 en Itunes y La Perra es numero uno
Mi respeto por la humanidad está por desaparecer

Britney kinda won for now, but Perry will overtake it eventually.

Wait until the olympics starts

She will unfortunately dominate then

Rise will be an Olympic hit which will be played all way through the olympics with her performing at the ceremonies which wouldn't shock me. Making her relevant all way through summer

Then will follow up with the lead single around Sept/Oct which will dominate

Album drop in Nov to mass hype

Jesus, Katy has ha domination all planned out!

Hopefully Gaga can end ha this era

MrV4ltor

The fact that Knee and Titty releasing didn't excite me at all is really telling.
A certain somebody better come back soon and bring some spectacle and drama with her.
Also: Knee lost. Katy already overtook her on iKoons. Kiiii

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ahora que la chusma despertó Britney ya cayó a numero 2 en Itunes y La Perra es numero uno
Mi respeto por la humanidad está por desaparecer

Vere la cancion nueva haciendo como "Chicas Lindas" en los charts. Bye bye Robotney

Decarabia

I think both songs are ok, which is already way more than I was expecting. At least Knee doesn't sound like she has pencil stuck up her nose in Make Me Moo, so it's already better than the rest of her output this decade. The rap feature needs to go though.

As for Kety, I honestly can't see Rise being a hit, it just doesn't have that "oomph" in the chorus that most of her big songs have.

Mau ®

La forma en que La Perra destruyó la nueva era de esa mierda podrida....no lo puedo creer.

El hecho de que sus fans pensaron que Britney volvió a ser relevante 😂

Eso JAMÁS pasará. Está acabada y ahora solo vive de homosexuales con buen poder adquisitivo en Las Vegas.

MANUELF

Banned
La forma en que La Perra destruyó la nueva era de esa mierda podrida....no lo puedo creer.

Mau ®;210080802 said:
El hecho de que sus fans pensaron que Britney volvió a ser relevante 😂

Eso JAMÁS pasará. Está acabada y ahora solo vive de homosexuales con buen poder adquisitivo en Las Vegas.
Que par de viejas ardidas estan hechas ustedes
Oh bueno Britney seguira feliz siendo numero 1 en nuestro pais

rhandino

Banned
Not me spoiling the fun but a friend of mine already went down 0-2 on EVO.

#Pray4Beef 😢

I still need to listen to Mother Perrysa holy hymn and Britney new material.

3phemeral

Finally heard Katy's "Rise" and for an Olympics song, why does it not go harder or tap into that soaring inspirational emotion? It's so deflated. Not even overlayed cheers and screams from that Olympic video could save it.

Embarrassed by Knees and Perras songs, tbh.

xjTIki

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
lmao @ her doing the song for this MESS of an olympics.

how like her career!
What about what she had to say about the song?

Katy Perry said:
This is a song that's been brewing inside me for years, that has finally come to the surface. I was inspired to finish it now, rather than save it for my next album, because now more than ever, there is a need for our world to unite. I know that together we can rise above the fear -- in our country, and around the world.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
rise is actual fucking trash, i couldn't help but let out a cackle when i listened to it this morning

Make me isn't much better, but its been on repeat all day. Probably brit's worst lead single

Top Bottom