• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazduh

Make Me (Poo) is growing on me, halp

4Hr8SSJ.gif

5H added a new [streaming only] track to 7/27 exclusively on.... Napster.

Napster?

Napster?!

QS2BWzb.gif

Finally heard Katy's "Rise" and for an Olympics song, why does it not go harder or tap into that soaring inspirational emotion? It's so deflated. Not even overlayed cheers and screams from that Olympic video could save it.

Embarrassed by Knees and Perras songs, tbh.

xjTIki
Lateysha is an icon. She was robbed by the bland white males in bbuk

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
kii. saturday night has always been my fave song of hers. i also really like television, even though it seems to be ignored

I think Television gets mostly ignored because of the intro which could have been separate perhaps but still a great song.

Is PopGAF finally in the Real Musique era?

Katherine and Britney both disappoint in their own ways.

Brotney instantly gets discarded because where are the vocals? I can't listen to breathing.. Sorry.

Katy sing is cute but it drops off and doesn't get hype. The first time I heard it, I was high so it was better than normal but on a second listen.. It's okay.. Mostly GP bait.

Tinashe sing sounds like Ciara Promise Era + Tiffany Evans debut + LIZ SoundCloud mixtape and it's called Superlove. DATED

She needs to pull am azealia and scream to be off her label because they are dropping her career on the floor.

Blood Orange, Shura, Marian Hill, Broods, Maxwell, Kaytranada.. Get in.

Floridian

Brotney instantly gets discarded because where are the vocals? I can't listen to breathing.. Sorry.

Katy sing is cute but it drops off and doesn't get hype. The first time I heard it, I was high so it was better than normal but on a second listen.. It's okay.. Mostly GP bait.

Tinashe sing sounds like Ciara Promise Era + Tiffany Evans debut + LIZ SoundCloud mixtape and it's called Superlove. DATED

She needs to pull am azealia and scream to be off her label because they are dropping her career on the floor.

I guess. "Real Music" is where it's at. I like Brit's & Katy's new songs more than their last efforts so it's not like they declined.I think the majority of pop girls are trying to step up their game, which is good. Don't really have much to say on Tinashe but I hope her album is not delayed again for the 3rd time.

Vazduh

listen to talent and looks instead

69Z0OGH.png

you have to resist the garbage

I already have. K I N G of hunties ;_;

tumblr_inline_nsizcoI7601rytriz_500.gif

rhandino

Banned
Britney song is cute but extremely forgettable while Mother Perrysa managed to craft a new psalm for her loyal followers to bop in the lead up to the most messy Olympic games in recent history.

Perry won, Britney lost and Tinashe song is basura that should have never seen the light of day.

gret84.gif

Nasser

Make me is soo good 😭😭😭😭😭

Have you you guys seen the dancing video Britney posted on Twitter? She's really killing it. I can't wait for the video to be out, Hopefully very soon

royalan

After a day with both of them, I feel like Make Me and Rise both suffer from being songs too big for the singers singing them. I know people like to say that in general about the pop girls, but I think it really applies here.

Rise needs a singer that can really nail a soaring finale. Like Christina Aguilera, Claire Maguire, Joss Stone, Florence Welch, Sia, and...Beyonce.

Make Me needs a singer that can nail low-key, sexy vocals without sounding monotonous. Like Ciara (when she's trying), Janet, Kylie Minogue, Rihanna, Selena Gomez (can't believe I'm saying that, but yeah), and...early 2000s Britney (think Breathe on Me).

royalan

Im having a moment to Kill My Boyfriend. Send help.

As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted with how much you have copied Lady Gaga. From the hair, to the blazë lyrics and vocals, do you not have any value or respect for originality? You're a laughing stock, it's cheesy, it's disgusting, I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious.

Vazra

As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted with how much you have copied Lady Gaga. From the hair, to the blazë lyrics and vocals, do you not have any value or respect for originality? You're a laughing stock, it's cheesy, it's disgusting, I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious.

Her impact
Tg1pl78.gif

Vazra

If I share my secret, secret, ah ah
Promise you'll keep it, keep it down
If I share my secret, ah ah
No one gets to know 'bout you
No one gets to know 'bout, shh
E4md2y5.gif

Vazra

Nah, I think it's actually filler. She could barely emote in the Misery video.

Her cheek bones were more noticeable on that video still. Here it looks off and the right side of the lip looks a bit weird as in missing make up and I see a bit of blur.

Top Bottom