• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
Idk, Carly seems to give almost all her songs a dosis of "I do this sound because I personally love it" that I think reflect in the finished product and is most likely the reason I consider E•MO•TION >>>1989 and almost any other attempt to modernize the sound of the 80's - early 90's for that matter.

Of course some songs can felt a little flat but most of them are legit great so now let me go a give E•MO•TION and Kiss another listen.

Phreaker

4C16MZs.gif

hmmmm

rhandino

Banned
E2eEZgr.gif

Game is totally going to feel and play like dated garbage so it makes sense trying to polish that mess a little bit to soften the backlash a bit, I guess.

Man, that thing went from my "most anticipated game ever" for me to "When is any other game not named FFXV releasing?" after those demos.

Yado

Santi should have sold Disparate Youth to someone else. It sucks that such a good song is on such an awful album.

rhandino

Banned
Adele’s 25 is not about “feelings” in the way that Taylor Swift’s songs are about “feelings” in that while 1989 was an autobiography, 25 could be for anyone. It’s a blank canvas on which a giant sad face has been drawn. Why is it sad? For whatever reason you, the listener, think it is. This, at times, makes 25 a much weaker album that it needs to be. It doesn’t have the same heart that 21 conveyed in every beat. But it will make it a more popular album, because experience doesn’t need to be lived to be felt.
hylT1v7.gif

I hate the accuracy at display here! Delete it fat!11!

man that Rihanna concert was bad. I didn't pay for it so it was fine and i was sorta entertained but seeing Bey 3 weeks earlier made this looks like a joke and it's the same price.

she barely sings any songs, just says 3 words then holds the mic in to the crowd while the background singers sing the song and she dances a bit. not even good choreo or amazing stage show. thing was barely over an hour too.

Bey killed in comparison, better show with the turning cube thing that looked awesome (riri just had a plain stage), much much better visuals and singing while dancing circles around RiRi, way longer too.

i would feel ripped off if i paid for this, especially at the insane prices she demands.

B-Dex

man that Rihanna concert was bad. I didn't pay for it so it was fine and i was sorta entertained but seeing Bey 3 weeks earlier made this looks like a joke and it's the same price.

she barely sings any songs, just says 3 words then holds the mic in to the crowd while the background singers sing the song and she dances a bit. not even good choreo or amazing stage show. thing was barely over an hour too.

Bey killed in comparison, better show with the turning cube thing that looked awesome (riri just had a plain stage), much much better visuals and singing while dancing circles around RiRi, way longer too.

i would feel ripped off if i paid for this, especially at the insane prices she demands.

Expose her.

rhandino

Banned

Bey killed in comparison, better show, much much better visuals and singing while dancing circles around RiRi, way longer too.

i would feel ripped off if i paid for this.
To be fair nobody in the current games does concerts or the whole "spectacle" thing like Beyonce or Madonna because they come from a different time when effort, talent and charisma were kind of required to make it big but nowadays you can put a inflatable doll with a wig and a backing track from Dr. Luke and you will have a bunch of girls yelling "Yaaaaaaas QUEEN".

I mean, Hitlord Swift and Katy Perry (to name some) have some incredible production values in their shows but they lack the stage charisma to energize the crowd so they tend rely a lot on stage gimmicks, guest stars and "fan interaction" to make their shows feel more special than the sad charade that they truly are. SAD!

And as I said countless times in the pasts OT Rihanna is kind of a terrible live performer but since some people said that her shows where nice and enjoyable I assumed that if you go to with a nice group of friends and with a tiny bit of help from some legal substances
isn't that right, InTheZone?
you can have a hell of a time there, even more since she really have a nice catalog of bops.

I digressed a bit here LOL but yeah... I am sorry you didn't enjoyed it but look at the bright side! At least it wasn't a Lana del Rey concert so you have that going for you!

EDIT #1231: Then again I would love to go to her concert just to see this live

eFC0hCA.gif

What can I say, I dig like a good trashy mess like that =/

Wow drag her

To be fair nobody in the current games does concerts or the whole "spectacle" thing like Beyonce or Madonna because they come from a different time when effort, talent and charisma were kind of required to make it big but nowadays you can put a inflatable doll with a wig and a backing track from Dr. Luke and you will have a bunch of girls yelling "Yaaaaaaas QUEEN".
A p!nk tea

Dany

Banned

Beyonce is in a league of her own. Her show was probably the best thing I've seen in ages. The flow, the charisma the production value and HER SELLING IT ALL!!! You knew she cared.

gosh im a little lit. when is lorde comming? thanks

I am sorry you didn't enjoyed it but look at the bright side! At least it wasn't a Lana del Rey concert so you have that going for you!/

i did enjoy it but mostly because we just sang along with the songs with a full stadium of people, that's fun but Rihanna did not much to enhance the experience. Blast Umbrella through stadium speakers and it would've been the same. I counted in one song, i can't remember which one where she sang less than 10 words while the background took care of the rest.

basically: (parentheses is audience singing)

Want you to make me *holds mic to audience* (feel)
Like *holds mic to audience* (I'm the only girl in the world)
Like *holds mic to audience* (I'm the only one that you'll ever love)
Like *holds mic to audience* (I'm the only one who knows your heart
* dances while lip syncing without mic for the rest of the song*

every song went like this.

she only really sang the last two songs of the setlist, which were from the new album.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Eeek at this concert review.

At least Lana sings all of her songs while ALSO doing cute little choreo. When will Rhatata?

MLqZJes.gif

Phreaker

HAHA, nice review.

Top Bottom