• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
http://rosaquatica.tumblr.com/post/150350483064/i-need-the-full-song-but-this-bit-from-the

this is a bop

eGtNArI.gif

who is this
what is this
i like it

rhandino

Banned

It wasn't love, it wasn’t love
It was a perfect illusion (Perfect illusion)
Mistaken for love, it wasn't love
You were a perfect illusion

large.gif

I feel like the day after a quick fuck with someone you really deeply hate but you keep coming back because the sex is fantastic.

Let me bop again.

Meowster

The new Simple and Clean remix is a masterpiece but if Square dares to reuse it or Sanctuary one more damn time for Kingdom Hearts III..

Anyways, legend UTADA.

Phreaker

I was in my car, just finishing up Perfect Illusions, and decided to stop at the market...what do I hear just as I step in? dun dun dun dunn dunn dunn dunnn dunnn dunnn I was like YAAAS slay the market Gaga as I then shopped singing Applause at Harris Teeter. A cherry on top of a lovely day. :)

I was in my car, just finishing up Perfect Illusions, and decided to stop at the market...what do I hear just as I step in? dun dun dun dunn dunn dunn dunnn dunnn dunnn I was like YAAAS slay the market Gaga as I then shopped singing Applause at Harris Teeter. A cherry on top of a lovely day. :)
Yaaaaaaas!
The new Simple and Clean remix is a masterpiece but if Square dares to reuse it or Sanctuary one more damn time for Kingdom Hearts III..

Anyways, legend UTADA.

Yas. This simple and clean remix. Bless square.
It is omg. If they put it on iTunes I will buy!

It wasn't love, it wasn’t love
Mistaken for love, it wasn't love
You were a perfect illusion

large.gif

I feel like the day after a quick fuck with someone you really deeply hate but you keep coming back because the sex is fantastic.

Let me bop again.
❤️❤️❤️

Touchdown

Banned

I love when I hear Mariah songs when I go to the mall or various stores. Her music is played quite often. I always take it as a sign that its going to be a good day.

857913bbdf.gif

All the thots being won over by Perfect Illusion now. A "me trying to force myself to like Applause" tea.

The thing is I was totally indifferent to Applause at first and I felt myself forcing myself to like it. Perfect Illusion was pretty much love at first listen for me.

All the thots being won over by Perfect Illusion now. A "me trying to force myself to like Applause" tea.

The thing is I was totally indifferent to Applause at first and I felt myself forcing myself to like it. Perfect Illusion was pretty much love at first listen for me.
I basically have to listen to a song 20 or so times before I start to care about it, so my judgement on first listen of 99% of songs is always "wow this sucks".

Hearing your fave in public or radio is simply the greatest pleasures in life!

SLAY PHREAKER!

Ngl, I'm a bit perched for AHS tonight just to see what kind of character Gags will be playing.

And to see what the theme is so I can watch for a few episodes before getting completely bored with it and Ryan Murphy. As per.

Didn't like either on the first listen, lol. When I have high expectations set it's really hard for me to be impressed initially. Love them both now tho

Yado

I love when I hear Mariah songs when I go to the mall or various stores. Her music is played quite often. I always take it as a sign that its going to be a good day.

You know it only seems like Mariah's music is being played in public places because you have your earphones in right?

857913bbdf.gif

Touchdown

Banned
You know it only seems like Mariah's music is being played in public places because you have your earphones in right?

857913bbdf.gif

no sis I don't walk with my head down and use headphones in public places like all you introverts in here. I experience what's going on around me and make contact with other humans. And other humans are experiencing Mariah's classic hits as well. It's a great experience in general.

857913bbdf.gif

Yado

no sis I don't walk with my head down and use headphones in public places like all you introverts in here. I experience what's going on around me and make contact with other humans. And other humans are experiencing Mariah's classic hits as well. It's a great experience in general.

I don't believe that Mariah's music is being regularly played in stores beyond the holiday season but I'm not an American so I could be wrong.

857913bbdf.gif

Phreaker

Is there any point in using last.fm if you have Apple Music.

I have Apple Music and I use Last.fm just for this sort of thing. You can scrobblel from iTunes. The real reason I signed up has yet to be supported on the new website, the PopGAF group. I loved going there, looking at the top mothy artists, or maybe checkout the member page to see who was listening to what. There were more people in the group than post regularly (some banned). Anyway, I really hope they add that feature back. Also, it's nice to look back and see what you listened to most in a year/month/week/all time for song, albums, and artists.

Another feature I miss is the "listening now" that used to show up on a song or artist page. It was a neat way of rediscovering some music for me. Some obscure song I loved in the 80s? Go to that song page and I could see if anyone was listening to it now or if not, who had recently, who listened to this song the most, etc. I would then go to their page and see what else they listened to, maybe say Hi. All of that is gone. :(

Zutroy

Since this thesis is killing me, I'll just drop some of my favorite (or guilty pleasure) albums of 2016, in no particular order. I've probably missed a lot of high-profile albums, but I'll leave that to someone else.

1. Kaytranada - 99,9 %
Why should you give it a listen? - If you like quality electronica, then this is the album for you. Also, support the good sis Kaytranada (yes, he is one of us!)
Choice cuts: Together (feat. AlunaGeorge & GoldLink), Lite Spots

2. All Saints - Red Flag
Why should you give it a listen? Because it's just a good album. Nothing comes close to the perfection that is One Strike, but there are plenty of solid songs in there. Very little filler and good proof that not all reunion-comeback albums have to suck.
Choice cuts: One Strike, One Woman Man

3. Rihanna - ANTI
Why should you give it a listen? It's pretty much her strongest album. Eclectic, all killer-no filler. No leftovers intended for other singers in here!
Choice cuts: Consideration (feat. SZA), Work (feat. Drake), Needed Me, Love On The Brain

4. Grace - FMA
Why should you give it a listen? Because you were in the mood for some white neo-soul in the now all-too-familiar Amy Winehouse-style. It's a good album, too.
Choice cuts: You Don't Own Me (feat. G-Eazy), Coffee, Church On Sunday, Hell Of A Girl

5. Niki & The Dove - Everybody's Heart is Broken Now
Why should you give it a listen? If you were in the mood for different kind of Swedish pop, go for this one. Also make sure to watch the music videos, which are amazing.
Choice cuts: Play It On My Radio, You Want The Sun

6. Foxes - All I Need
(is a better record label)
Why should you give it a listen? Foxes made a well-put album brimming with great melodies and hooks. Sadly, no song is on the level of "Body Talk" or "Cruel", but there's still plenty of singalongs on the rest of the album.
Choice cuts: Cruel, Body Talk, Feet Don't Fail Me Now, If You Leave Me Now

7. Britney Spears - Glory
Why should you give it a listen? Not because it's "Britney, bitch" (can we please retire that phrase already?), but because unlike the last ~album~, Myah Marie wasn't available and Britney had to sing everything by herself, and it seems she had quite a bit of creative input with this album, resulting with something actually resembling a coherent body of work.
Whoever chose "Make Me" as the first single needs to get fired, tho.
Choice cuts: If I'm Dancing, Do You Wanna Come Over?, Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

8. Troye Sivan - Blue Neighborhood
Why should you give it a listen? Because this "home of sexual" made a great pop album, from top to bottom (heheh). The incredible Allie X cowrote half of the damn thing so that's one more reason to give it a listen. Technically this is a 2015 album, but since most of the singles were released this year and Wild was re-released, it belongs in 2016.
Choice cuts: Wild, Ease (feat. Broods), Youth, Heaven

9. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom EP
Why should you give it a listen? This one won't take away much of your precious time, since it's only 10-ish minutes long, and it's also a good preview of the much-hyped PC Music genre. Let's hope Charli keeps it up with the upcoming releases because so far she keeps reinventing herself successfuly.
Choice cuts: Vroom Vroom, Secret (Ssh)

10. Gwen Stefani - This Is What The Truth Feels Like
Why should you give it a listen? I'm torn on this one, but I'm still leaning towards recommending it. Quite a few fantastic songs in here ("Where Would I Be" is just sublime), but since they're written by the same creative team, they seem to blend into one another after a while. Still, a solid comeback after 10 years of solo inactivity.
Choice cuts: Where Would I Be?, Misery

11. Santigold - 99c
Why should you give it a listen? If you liked previous Santigold albums, there's a big chance you'll love this one, too. As eclectic as always. Sadly, no Switch on this album, but maybe he'll reappear on the next one.
Choice cuts: Big Boss Big Time Business, Chasing Shadows

12. Zayn - Mind Of Mine
Why should you give it a listen? Even if you hated One Direction, there's a good chance you'll enjoy this album. It's imperfect, overlong, messy, but also a promising start to this ex-boybander's career. It would be great if he could develop a bit more charisma next time, though? It would have certainly helped with some of the weaker cuts.
Choice cuts: Befour, It's You, PillowTalk, Intermission

13. The Knocks - 55
Why should you give it a listen? If you're looking for non-stop bops, this is the album to go for.
Choice cuts: Classic (feat. Powers), Love Me Like That (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)

14. Beyonce - Lemonade
Why should you give it a listen? Confession time: I'm not a fan of Beyonce. She's way too calculated in everything she does which is why I never listened to her too much. Always too much artifice. However, like her or not, it's hard to deny Lemonade is a damn good album from the first minute to the last. It's not something I'd come back to, except for a couple tracks maybe, but this shows Beyonce is not just chasing the latest trends or chasing the hottest producers: she's interested in making music that will stand the test of time. Hell, count me in for her next release if it'll be like this one.
Choice cuts: Sorry, Hold Up, Formation

15. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Why should you give it a listen? Because you're already a fan of the donut-licking chanteuse or because you love everything Max Martin-related. Either reason is valid because there's bops-a-plenty on this album.
Choice cuts: Into You, Knew Better/Forever Boy, Let Me Love You, Be Alright

16. Kiiara - Low Kii Savage EP
Why should you give it a listen? Because you're looking for the next big Tumblr hew.
Also, you love alt-electronica.
Choice cuts: Gold, Tennesee

17. Ro James - El Dorado
Why should you give it a listen? You're currently browsing for a soundtrack to get your back blown to. Well, stop right there! I've got just the thing for you. Smooth and sexy. Also, Ro himself is fine as hell.
Choice cuts: Permission, Holy Water, New Religion

18. Carly Rae Jepsen - E-MO-TION (SIDE B)
Why should you give it a listen? Loved E-MO-TION and want more? Love pure pop? Love Canada? Going to the store, to the store? Then give this a listen.
Choice cuts: Higher, Cry, Fever, Store

19. Tegan and Sara - Love You To Death
Why should you give it a listen? Because you loved their previous album and want some more well-written, polished pop tunes. Not as good as Heartthrob, but close.
Choice cuts: U-Turn, Boyfriend

20. BROODS - Conscious
Why should you give it a listen? It'll do before Lorde releases her sophomore album. Also, she's featured here as a co-writer. Oh, and it's a good album as well!
Choice cuts: Free, Heartlines

21. Roosevelt - Roosevelt
Why should you give it a listen? It's a great electropop album, and also one more "Tumblr hew" you can add to your ever-growing collection!
Choice cuts: Wait Up, Moving On

22. Miike Snow - III
Why should you give it a listen? You want more Miike Snow in your life. It's as good a reason as any!
Choice cuts: Genghis Khan, Heart Is Full

23. Meghan Trainor - Thank You
Why should you give it a listen? Because, like most of PopGAF, you hate Meghan, but also can't resist bops that are in constant rotation on the radio, TV and basically everywhere you go.
Choice cuts: NO, Better (feat. Yo Gotti)

24. Shura - Nothing's Real
Why should you give it a listen? That "Tumblr hew" collection is too small for your tastes. Also, it's an amazing album. Really. Give it a listen.
Choice cuts: Nothing's Real, What's It Gonna Be?, Indecision

I'd just like to quote this post again because I don't think it got enough appreciation. Still working my way through the list but everything is a slay so far - especially All Saints album that would have otherwise slept on.

Phreaker

I'd just like to quote this post again because I don't think it got enough appreciation. Still working my wave through the list but everything is a slay so far - especially All Saints album that would have otherwise slept on.

Oh, thanks! I was making my way through that list. I have listened to quite a lot of them, because when Vazduh speaks I do listen.

Phreaker

waiT Youtube just suggested "Camren Evidence Top 20". I don't even know what that means, but I see it starts with Fifth Harmony and I see it has like 250k views. I am over 4 min in and I think they are saying that Camila and Lauren and girlfriends?

Touchdown

Banned
I don't believe that Mariah's music is being regularly played in stores beyond the holiday season but I'm not an American so I could be wrong.

857913bbdf.gif

Yes you are wrong. "Emotions" "Always Be My Baby", "Dreamlover" and strangely "Forever" get played randomly a lot.

857913bbdf.gif

I'm dropping this season already.

So fucking boring. It seems they listened to all the complaints about camp and too many plot threads and dialed it back by about 10, but put restraint above everything else. Trash. Asylum stays an unbothered hot ass mess.

3c4a3c1415.gif

Top Bottom