• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Frodo

fnrPgdc.gif

This prosecution complex Gaga stans exhibit is getting old.

People don't hate on Gaga. They just don't care about her any more. And as long as she keeps rihleasing mediocrity and trying to sell it like the second coming of cRihst they will keep on not caring.

People are not wanting to see her fail. But I can't deny it would be nice to see her little dumpsters get a little bit of perspective.

Bitch not me. I call her Carly Rat Herpes and constantly talk shit about how her music is crap mostly because she has a Radio Disney voice.
That's why I love u tho. <3
fnrPgdc.gif

This prosecution complex Gaga stans exhibit is getting old.

People don't hate on Gaga. They just don't care about her any more. And as long as she keeps rihleasing mediocrity and trying to sell it like the second coming of cRihst they will keep on not caring.

People are not wanting to see her fail. But I can't deny it would be nice to see her little dumpsters get a little bit of perspective.
Considering people don't care about her anymore they certainly post a lot about her and also beadily eye her Kworb performance. &#127773;

Frodo

To be fair it is always the same people bringing Gaga into the conversation.

You can not expect every one else to just ignore it the whole time. Those who don't stan drag. It has been this way since the dawn of times.

vgHFdjK.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
That's why I love u tho. <3

Considering people don't care about her anymore they certainly post a lot about her and also beadily eye her Kworb performance. &#127773;
If people are worried they should be more about the radio play. Seriously it's likely the song will debut around 15+. That's really bad for someone of her caliber. iTunes ain't everything. Closer debuted at #1 on iTunes along with being streamed #1 on Apple Music & Spotify. On the Billboard it debuted at #9 due to radio play.

Gaga stans pls stop with the persecution complex. Gaga flopping is literally all there is to talk about because other than that pop music in the year 2016 is dead.

Edit: oh my goddd Natalia's new EP is out and Florida Blues slays fuck

I will admit that I will drag Gaga at any opportunity, not because she's awful (and she is) but because the monsters were particularly vile and hateful pre-artpop. The thing is, now the monsters cant lean on their faves ability to slay because, obviously, she cant.
9xK4QhS.gif

You don't see the Adelephants out here going in do you? The monsters were unable to enjoy their faves success without being bitches about it and now they are reaping what they have sown.
Y'all shut up about her and so will we.

rhandino

Banned
I am more amused about the fact that someone that was counted among the Top 3 music acts + an incredible list of quality producers are producing such mediocre results.

The Little Monsters can look at the bright side tho and save the lashings received this past days when Katheryn releases her next single in case she flops
she will not

Meowster

Every pop star not named Beyoncé, Rihanna, or Taylor Swift is basically a flop anyways post 2014. Rise flopped. Perfect Delusion flopped. Make Me flopped. We are entering the Halsey timeline.

This is actually a lie. Everyone here listened to Perfect Illusion when it came out. The world was all ears when it dropped. The song isn't sweeping the nation because it's just not instantly appealing. If people didn't care then it wouldn't even touch the iTunes top 10, or massively get added to radio play after its debut (which it did). Instead people listened and responded overwhelmingly with "aw, that's it? Damn."

People around here are so adamant about setting an expiration date on her, and I think that's complete bullshit and actually kind of fucked up. She continues to have a massive audience and whether people like a specific single or not doesn't seem to change that. I'm sure she'll get everyone's attention again with single number two and we'll be back here once more arguing about it.

Gaga's status is becoming more in line with Kanye's in my opinion. Not really a chart topper anymore, but gets people's attention when content is dropped. Doing their own thing. Drawing inspiration from art and fashion rather than populist trends. Massive cult following. Both have overwhelming respect from their peers, but are consistently tossed into the "have they lost their mojo?" narrative.

Every pop star not named Beyoncé, Rihanna, or Taylor Swift is basically a flop anyways post 2014. Rise flopped. Perfect Delusion flopped. Make Me flopped. We are entering the Halsey timeline.
the Halsey timline anjsjsnjasas
-----

how come the Britney stans weren't having meltdowns on Popgaf when everyone was coming for Shitney during the Glory era, which is now over?

Was anyone expecting something interesting or, you know, good (or even successful) from Britney Spears in this day and age? I mean I dunno she seems to have stans around, ones who would go to stores and hide Barbara Streisand's (collection of Broadway songs that debuted higher than Britney's) CDs, because they're 12 year olds.

Also, I agree..Gaga stans from what I see online are awful.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This is actually a lie. Everyone here listened to Perfect Illusion when it came out. The world was all ears when it dropped. The song isn't sweeping the nation because it's just not instantly appealing. If people didn't care then it wouldn't even touch the iTunes top 10, or massively get added to radio play after its debut (which it did). Instead people listened and responded overwhelmingly with "aw, that's it? Damn."

People around here are so adamant about setting an expiration date on her, and I think that's complete bullshit and actually kind of fucked up. She continues to have a massive audience and whether people like a specific single or not doesn't seem to change that. I'm sure she'll get everyone's attention again with single number two and we'll be back here once more arguing about it.

Gaga's status is becoming more in line with Kanye's in my opinion. Not really a chart topper anymore, but gets people's attention when content is dropped. Doing their own thing. Drawing inspiration from art and fashion rather than populist trends. Massive cult following. Both have overwhelming respect from their peers, but are consistently tossed into the "have they lost their mojo?" narrative.
Christina Aguilera stan teas in this post.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

This is a good comparison and post.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Gags is now basically in the hasbeen category with Xtina and Britney. ARTPOP was her Bionic/Britney Jean and Joanne will be her Lotus/Glory. Eek!

PREACH

Meowster

The Joanne album cover is much better than Britney and Christina's flop albums. At least we have that on our side (plus being an immortalized jazz legend on the Billboard charts). Queen. Pray for that second single though.

llehuty

I will admit that I will drag Gaga at any opportunity, not because she's awful (and she is) but because the monsters were particularly vile and hateful pre-artpop. The thing is, now the monsters cant lean on their faves ability to slay because, obviously, she cant.
9xK4QhS.gif

You don't see the Adelephants out here going in do you? The monsters were unable to enjoy their faves success without being bitches about it and now they are reaping what they have sown.
I like how none of the Gaga fans have even tired replying to this post. I guess even they do know this is all true.

Yura+Girl%2527s+Day+The+Cute+Star+GIF+%25286%2529.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
9xK4QhS.gif

DGYc76p.gif

rhandino

Banned
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

vfzBUth.gif

SERVING STRAIGHT ROCK STAR REALNESSS TEAAAAASSSS

vfzBUth.gif

WHEN WILL YOUR LACKLUSTER FAVES!

vfzBUth.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As much as I try to shade GaGa I am living for this shot tbh

vfzBUth.gif

EDIT: Bumping the Perfect Illusion thread on O/T.

You can see those moves performed better at a pole dance in a dollar strip club. And for some extra coins you may get something extra.

9xK4QhS.gif

kristen.gif

cory64

Okay, feel that fantasy and whatnot but she's out of the top 20 on iTunes already and hasn't had a single second of positive momentum in the past 7 days.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i mean, beyonce is much closer to the kanye of pop than gaga is.

I think Perfection Illusion was the wrong kind of song to send as a lead single.

yes, a good one would have been a better choice.

I think Perfection Illusion was the wrong kind of song to send as a lead single.

Whoooiooooooo cares?!?!???????

GAGA has been there done that! She has broken records already, you think she cares about reaching #1? She already got hav#1

She has slayed the charts and now she cares about releasing music, not for da bling but for da musica!!!!

I bet she feels free rn, free from the pressure of delivering a hit. I doubt her label even cares loooooooooooooooooo l

Let ha live ha vision

PERFECT ILLUSION IS A SKAY!

God, "listnign to that song whilst drunk is a dream come true... CUM THRO QUEEN

She seems so happy, glad she's fine and not going thro a britknee breakdown

Floridian

Little Mons†er;217119085 said:
Whoooiooooooo cares?!?!???????

GAGA has been there done that! She has broken records already, you think she cares about reaching #1? She already got hav#1

She has slayed the charts and now she cares about releasing music, not for da bling but for da musica!!!!

I bet she feels free rn, free from the pressure of delivering a hit. I doubt her label even cares loooooooooooooooooo l

Let ha live ha vision

PERFECT ILLUSION IS A SKAY!

God, "listnign to that song whilst drunk is a dream come true... CUM THRO QUEEN

She seems so happy, glad she's fine and not going thro a britknee breakdown

Alright then.

Top Bottom