• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Little Mons†er;217156572 said:
Salvador I think is her best sing along on the album

Freak is also one of my faves from the album
Eh Salvador is probably one of the weaker songs, that and Religion and Terrance Loves You. Freak and Art Deco are really great though.

I legit want to hear the rest of the album if only to get more of the, apparently, flawless production that Perfect Illusion seems to hint...

vfzBUth.gif

Too bad it's attached to Gaga "husky" vocals

I'm pretty sure the album will be one of her strongest offerings yet

IMO, it could rival TFM

vfzBUth.gif

Also a mess at that decline, a perfect illusion indeed

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
They have 8 finished songs tho. It's not gonna happen because Gaga is all "idc about the charts, i like my music!" so we're gonna get this mark ronson mess. oh well maybe the RedOne tracks will leak
Have you seen what ReDone has done after Gaga? Most stuff sounds dated and poorly crafted. I get tho e for The Fame/ The Fame Monster but Im not sure if he has it in him to do real bangers lately.

Yikes, are there even any live performances coming up that she could use to promote it? It's too bad such a bop is in commercial freefall. *shrug*

Edit: Enough with RedOne. Joanne is her formal act 2, and he doesn't fit. You're never getting a Bad Romance replica.

Have you seen what ReDone has done after Gaga? Most stuff sounds dated and poorly crafted. I get tho e for The Fame/ The Fame Monster but Im not sure if he has it in him to do real bangers lately.

RedOne is not good when he works with other people (a majority of the time). Both him and Gaga almost always make great records together.

Yikes, are there even any live performances coming up that she could use to promote it? It's too bad such a bop is in commercial freefall. *shrug*

Edit: Enough with RedOne. Joanne is her formal act 2, and he doesn't fit. You're never getting a Bad Romance replica.

I don't want another Bad Romance. RedOne has worked on:

Just Dance
LoveGame
Poker Face
Alejandro
Bad Romance
Monster
So Happy I Could Die
Hair
Judas
Scheiße

All great songs. Gaga and him just mesh well together. Maybe the chemistry is gone and that's why she won't entertain the idea of releasing the finished stuff with him, but all of the RedOne hate is unwarranted. DJWS is garbage and Mark Ronson helped on perfect illusion...probably just another yes man. Her best work is with RedOne and Garibay...but Garibay disappeared. The whole idea of people wanting another bad romance is only true in the sense that people want something of equal quality.

Mau ®

Not Calum Scott's cover of Robyn's "Dancing in my own" becoming a bigger hit than the original :ahh:

My expectations were low but I'm enjoying Travis Scott's album

tumblr_inline_np8pt5BId61s7xpqg_500.gif

Travis has always been good IMO. He opened for Rhat's ANTi show and he was incredible at my date.

Yado

Mau ®;217172773 said:
Not Calum Scott's cover of Robyn's "Dancing in my own" becoming a bigger hit than the original :ahh:

Travis has always been good IMO. He opened for Rhat's ANTi show and he was incredible at my date.

nnnnn my friend asked me about that cover the other day and I had no idea what he was talking about. Poor white Robyn.

I'm enjoying this album a lot more than his first for sure

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No surprise, you show up again
Let it go, liquor got you feeling yourself
Waste my time but that shit don't fly
No surprise, you show up again
Let it go, liquor got you feeling yourself
Waste my time but that shit don't fly

It's too damn late to cry
It's too damn late to make me change my mind
I don't love you
It's too damn late to cry
It's too damn late count the reasons why
I don't love you
5phLq9L.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;217172773 said:

it's tragique because it's so fucking awful, it completely ruins the original sing

I don't want ReDone either

I'm ready for the real artiste era

i thought this was what the munsters claimed artpop was to defend it against the accusation that it was a tragic unsellable mess?

Mau ®;217172773 said:

This angers me so much, like seriously who thinks this talent show mediocre cover comes even close to one of the best pop songs in the 21st century?!

Part of what makes the song great is how it has a dance/happy feel along with sad lyrics and it's perfect for radio, that cover on the othet hand is of a YouTube cover quality..and the other day I heard a club remix of that cover on the radio and that was the worst thing ever.

Robyn, please release a new album girl.

rhandino

Banned
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I live in a world in which Britney Spears managed to make a better comeback era than Lady Gaga.

xryhR2v.gif

Think about all the good promo that Gaga had before the reveal: The award shows, the national anthem at the Super Bowl, the Bowie tribute, etc... All that effort to make her name more palatable and reintroduce her to the mainstream audience after the dumpster fire that was the Artpop era while Britney was focused on her show in Las Vegas with her most notable lead up effort being a messy forgettable buzz single featuring a has been rapper.

vf3WIrp.gif

I'm speechless.

gret1.gif

EDIT: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek! at Usher flopping with an album that I didn't even know was out alsdka;lskjda;lsjd;alskjda;slkj

l9AbAgX.gif

Honestly wouldn't surprise me tho.

Perfect Illusion might end up being the most easily boppable song on the album if she's going all in on Real Music™ for the most part.

I mean... it's a bop. I just hope it isn't the biggest bop. :/

Yeah, I guess I just feel that the label most likely felt Perfect Illusion had the most hit potential.

Meaning everything else on the album might take some time to sink in and not be as "instant". Of course, by and large Perfect Illusion seems to be a slow burn for most people to get into as well.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I wonder how many #1s Halsey will achieve with her next album in this dark, twisted timeline.
None...seriously no one "knew" her before this song. Not sure why yalls care anyway? She's great at what she does and it's good a bisexual girl is being noticed.

Top Bottom