• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rumor denied

1ZpZ5tg.png

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Gaga claiming her album is indie sounds very PR-ish and honestly I don't believe her. Also if she's doing the Super Bowl she will probably be singing something like: Paparazzi, Poker Face, Bad Romance, The Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, You & I, Applause and either Perfect Illusion or whatever second single she has.

MANUELF

Banned
Perfect Delusion will soon be below P!nk 5 months old soundtrack single "Just Like Fire" but she is not a main pop girl according to the little monsters

Frodo

Alunageorge's new album has left absolutely no impression on me
After 1 listen I could not tell you if it was good, bad or if any of the songs stick out

The album doesn't reach any great highs, but it is consistent enough for me to not need to skip a single track. I've been bopping to Full Swing and Remember. It is a decent effort, but nothing ground breaking.

Still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything released after Side B, to be honest.

The Flop

Banned
Looks like the last 3 singles by Fifth Harmony, are going to outsell the ones by Britney Spears, P!NK, and now Lady Gaga.

tumblr_inline_o4ll86iujo1qfb043_500.jpg

Who's next?

giphy.gif

rhandino

Banned
I don't think that outselling 2 ancient pop acts and 1 folk artist are a good metric of success for the biggest girl group on the planet*

VXoVshf.gif

* South Korea and Japan not included

Tomodachi

The album doesn't reach any great highs, but it is consistent enough for me to not need to skip a single track. I've been bopping to Full Swing and Remember. It is a decent effort, but nothing ground breaking.

Mean what I mean definitely sticks out. Other than that I agree.

Perfect illusion debuted at #15 on the Hot 100
The Greatest at #24

Not as bad as I thought it'd be, but not sure if it'll hold or rise this week lol

WaffleTaco

There are others I could list but I'm too busy working.

giphy.gif

EDIT: Fifth Harmony "That's My Girl" music video out now.

This could do well as a single, it has a very bouncy beat to it.
Perfect illusion debuted at #15 on the Hot 100
The Greatest at #24

Not as bad as I thought it'd be, but not sure if it'll hold or rise this week lol
I was right when I called it! The Greatest literally was not on Radio at all. If it was, it's likely that it would have debuted higher.

Vazduh

Hannah Lux Davis is usually hit and miss (more the former, tho), but she really went all out for Filth Harmony tbh.

I'm not feeling the song, tho. It'll probably do well, but I prefer Flex.

WaffleTaco

wtf? I never knew there was a Deluxe edition of Anti on Spotify. Pose is slaying me rn
It's decent. Goodnight Gotham is just a Florence song (Only If For A Night) being put on repeat and it sounds great and my favorite one. It's clear though why they are deluxe tracks and not on the actual album though.

There's a rumored report that Interscope is treating Joanne like an "indie debut album" and pretty much giving her free reign to promote (or not promote) on her terms. Like they're not putting pressure on her to deliver a hit and that she won't be doing heavy promotion this era.

I feel a raging combination of disappointment and understanding about it. Like she can do whatever she wants and if the music's great then it SHOULD just speak for itself. But it also feels like a deflated return to pop and insists that she'd rather not feel accountable if the music's a commercial failure.

PI is sinking like a rock and it doesn't seem like she cares that much. I guess it's refreshing to see her not posture and overexposure herself but it's also strange to see her not take full advantage of the opportunity she has. Or maybe she knows the album won't be a huge hit so she's scaling back expectations. These are new feelings for a Gaga stan. Lol

Top Bottom