• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I feel like they only got it right with one of those....

oopt

Honestly, Born This Way is a pretty mediocre song but given where Gaga was in her career at that stage she could have released a song of herself farting for four minutes and it would have slayed the charts.

Applause is awful, so I'm not surprised Joanne Public came to love it eventually.

Also the song with RedOne is a ballad?
ahh.gif

ugh, why do you do this gaga

maybe it's a power ballad??

Frodo

kiiiiii, my friends and I were at a house party yesterday. We talk about popstars and pop songs and go through the like of Ariana, Carly, Britney and so and so (anyone even remotely relevant today). One Gaga stan (he admitted that himself) asks about Perfect Illuision. Most of the guys (a bunch of gays) never heard of it or never heard it. Lol

hjFs8Be.gif

I play it (because I'm feeling generous) and they like it for 30 seconds and then proceed to want it to be over. I play Again Again (aka Best Gaga Song) to cleanse the palate.

olympia

littlethony monstano liked perfect illusion, he said it was good and that he liked it

it's only growing on me in the sense that I can replace the lyrics with my dog's name and sing it to him. the true test of a pop song

Mau ®

The fact that Rih's "quick lil single" managed to surpass both

D1Y05AK.gif

Proof that Rihanna is above lessers like Katheryn and Gaga. If the 2010-2015 period wasn't enough indication, then by all possible metics 2016 should have been an eye opener to the perfectly delusional non-believers.

Let us all do the Bajan Queen a favor and stop lumping in her with the likes of people who open with numbers that even Demi Lovato is able to get.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I live in a world in which Britney Spears managed to make a better comeback era than Lady Gaga.

xryhR2v.gif

Think about all the good promo that Gaga had before the reveal: The award shows, the national anthem at the Super Bowl, the Bowie tribute, etc... All that effort to make her name more palatable and reintroduce her to the mainstream audience after the dumpster fire that was the Artpop era while Britney was focused on her show in Las Vegas with her most notable lead up effort being a messy forgettable buzz single featuring a has been rapper.

vf3WIrp.gif

I'm speechless.

gret1.gif

i mean it all just goes to show that the GP is here for good sings. they'd have been all over a BR-quality (and i swear that if one of you little munsters equates this with wanting BR2.0 when we ALREADY HAD THAT.............) bop.

propagaga saying gaga's album is being treated as a "debut indie album"
"Their expectations for the single and album are not what you think they are. They're pretty much working this like a debut indie record."

"She's been given a lot of freedom here, with the only major label suggestion being that it needs to be universal. Other than that, she has free reign over how it's promoted and how it sounds. They even helped suggest people like Father John Misty, etc. They aren't aching for some massive hit."

"Of course it's a good day for all involved if something really takes off, but it doesn't seem like the goal right now. Seems like they want to be less aggressive with marketing her."

And perhaps the most important one:

"I don't think she's concerned with (performing/promoting) right now. She was initially in talks to do both the VMAs and Global Citizen and pulled out of both, so."
http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/lady-gaga-joanne-oct-21.57334/page-1179

Well....

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Alunageorge's new album has left absolutely no impression on me
After 1 listen I could not tell you if it was good, bad or if any of the songs stick out

MrV4ltor

US Weekly saying that Gaga has officially booked the Halftime Show next year....
They also had the tea on Katy last year a month before it was officially confirmed.

Top Bottom