• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gaga's gonna lean heavy on Joanne at the SB. Bookmark me
What rhymes with bookmark me?
robin-thicke-promo-thelavalizard.png

Touchdown

Banned
I randomly clicked on this thread by accident, made it half way down the page and was about to flee calmly exit before getting to this post.

Subscribed.

My impact! Although supposedly all these hews believe i have the worst taste according to Soul's unscientific poll results

df0c1f0d93.gif

Koodo

Banned
Lady Gaga stans say that it reignited Beyonce hype after the dud that 4 was and put her back on the mainstream map which helped to the massive reception of BEYONCE.

I disagree with that in some points but hey, maybe the SB is going to revive Gaga career even if her career is in a worse position than Beyonce ever was.
lol

Beyoncé reignited her career by dropping one of the best albums in the past decade and using a release strategy that permanently disrupted the music industry. The Super Bowl can only be credited as a commercial for her tour at the time but insignificantly to anything else.

Caca has already failed on every term that made Self-Titled the pop culture and industry juggernaut that it was.

I don't think the Superbowl will help JOANNE one bit. The public loves The Fame Monster and Born This Way, but so far her new singles have failed to excite and each has been worse than the last. Plus what did the Superbowl do for MDNA? Not much.

Lady Gungan's best chance at this point is to scrap this entire mess and restart the era fresh, ANTi style.

dZNbi5I.jpg

I'm done here LOL!!!!!

---------------

I can't at side B of a carly rae jepson album being my fav pop album of the year...srsly.

3104062_o.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Of course she will because it is her most str8 friendly album to date.
The only album that could be considered "gay" is Born This Way and it's very pandering, which is one of the reasons I don't like that album.
Straight people loved most of her early material tho

tumblr_n7wsivKcOF1rxcygdo1_400.gif
It's not even about straight people, it's people who like good, catchy pop music, before she went to pandering the gays and wearing meat dresses.

She's got more bops than Lana, too.

kxrHwoe.gif
So? Robin Thicke had a ~bop~, Fist Brown has ~bops~, Mheghanh Trainer has~bops~.... is this the kind of trash you want your fave compared to? And anyone who wants bops already knows that Carly Rat Herpes absolutely obliterates Hitlor Swastika in that category so................

rhandino

Banned
It's not even about straight people, it's people who like good, catchy pop music, before she went to pandering the gays and wearing meat dresses.
I kind of think that her fall from grace has less to do with the pandering to the LGBTQ+ comm and more to the fact that once the mainstream sit down in the wait between BtW and Artpop and started to remove all the layers, all the overproduction, her outlandish costumes, etc... they discovered that she was just another run of the mill poptart no different than Britney Spears or Katy Perry only with a slight social conscious message in some of her songs.

Her fans did try the most to try to elevate her from that though, like when they tried to push the narrative that she was INSTRUMENTAL in the decision to revoke Don't Ask, Don't Tell instead of just another voice in a sea of voices asking for that to go away.

Not gonna lie, even as a Gaga stan I was sick and tired of her trying to change the world during the BTW era, and BTW itself being "just ok" didn't help. Just give me good music FFS.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think Solange has passed Beyonce in relevancy. Her album's been at the top of the charts for a while now.

189dab890c.gif

Solange's new album just got released (not even two weeks yet). And she will never be as relevant as Beyonce, due to a number of reasons. However her album is very good, but her voice is really soft, which made it kind of hard to listen too.

I kind of think that her fall from grace has less to do with the pandering to the LGBTQ+ comm and more to the fact that once the mainstream sit down in the wait between BtW and Artpop and started to remove all the layers, all the overproduction, her outlandish costumes, etc... they discovered that she was just another run of the mill poptart no different than Britney Spears or Katy Perry only with a slight social conscious message in some of her songs.

Her fans did try the most to try to elevate her from that though, like when they tried to push the narrative that she was INSTRUMENTAL in the decision to revoke Don't Ask, Don't Tell instead of just another voice in a sea of voices asking for that to go away.

I actually agree more with your statement than mine.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
leona lewis could be such a slay tbh
a shame

llehuty

Some curated recent lowkey kpop releases

Ladies Code - The Rain
Really classy.

Dal Shabet - FRI.SAT.SUN
One of my faves, with the weekend anthem.

BTS - Blood, Sweat & Tears
Currently the most popular boy group internationally, they just can't stop releasing good (but maybe too trendy) singles.

Well, I like Time Bomb, but Get Outta My Way is the absolute GOAT. Pop can't really get better than this. I'm sure some of those chord progressions are the definition of perfect pop.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
can you all just shit post so I don't have to see that disgusting robin thicke picture everytime I click on this thread

Hello Heaven
You are a tunnel lined with yellow lights
On a dark night (Dark night)

Yayo, yes you, yayo
Put me onto your black motorcycle
Fifties baby doll dress for my 'I do"
It only takes two hours to Nevada
I-I wear your sparkle
You call me your mama

Let me put on a show for you daddy
Let me put on a show
Let me put on a show for you tiger
Let me put on a show

paradise.gif

edit:
Drug, suck it up, like Vanilla Ice is
Don't treat me rough, treat me really nice-is
Decorate my neck, me, I'm on decisis
Why, come on come on come on
Ooo ooo ooo ooh
Ooo ooo ooo ooh
Ooo ooo ooo ooh
Yeow!

Come on baby, let's ride
We can escape to the great sunshine
I know your wife and she wouldn't mind
We made it out to the other side

tumblr_nt13oised31rww8v1o1_500-20150813280911.gif

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Can't we all just remember this stellar 2009 bop?

I like that boom boom pow
Them chickens jackin' my style
They try to copy my swagger
I'm on that next shit now
I'm so 3008
You so 2000 and late
I got that boom boom boom
That future boom boom boom
Let me get it now

iLjFS0f.jpg

llehuty

Ewww, will.i.am stanning. I knew that 2016 was being harsh to some of you... But damn...

The MV is godlike. Kylie needs more love in this thread
Kylie not being one of the big pop stars worlwide is the only proof I need to debunk "talent always wins".

Top Bottom