• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I'm so fucking excited about this album. Can't believe three years have passed since her last LP.

Regardless of how she charts, it feels right having the good sis back in the game.

MANUELF

Banned
T2cWoZZh.jpg
Im ready for the mexican Queen of Pop show

I'm actually screaming at her cancelling all this Joanne promo 😂😂😂

This era is such a fucking mess OMG. And as usual the moment something isn't as commercially successful as it should be she ditches it. RIP

Meanwhile
Beyonce’s Formation stadium tour finished its last show on Oct. 7 — brinting the tour’s earnings to $256,084,556 with 2.2 million tickets sold.

The tour, which began April 27 at Marlins Park in Miami, averaged a whopping $5.2 million in gross and 45,757 paid attendance per show.
u5w3diB.png

Aguila

#ICONIC
Venus came out in 2013 sis

HmT. It was a cute attempt, but Venus is too campy, too overproduced, and too schizophrenic imo.

Bad Romance has just the right amount of campiness, is tonally superior in both its lyrics and production, and has a much better buildup to its choruses and flow throughout. Vagina tried.

Edit: I actually think Aura is a much better attempt at making a BR 2.0, but Aura's problem is its really overwhelming production.

Koodo

Banned
Meanwhile

u5w3diB.png
Worth noting that this sold-out stadium tour boasted one of the highest average gross per date in history – higher than Taylor's 1989 Tour, and even higher than Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour. She has single handedly become the most demanded female touring act in current times, and given the overwhelming numbers posted in this effortless 49-date jaunt and her seemingly endless upward trajectory, is poised to become the most successful female touring act in history – if not the most successful touring act.

Talent won. While those without talent are demonstrating their brief touring receipts were just a perfect illusion.

Touchdown

Banned
Worth noting that this sold-out stadium tour boasted one of the highest average gross per date in history – higher than Taylor's 1989 Tour, and even higher than Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour. She has single handedly become the most demanded female touring act in current times, and given the overwhelming numbers posted in this effortless 49-date jaunt and her seemingly endless upward trajectory, is poised to become the most successful female touring act in history – if not the most successful touring act.

Talent won. While those without talent are demonstrating their brief touring receipts were just a perfect illusion.

oop Madonna loses again.

also her clearest attempt to replicate bad romance was judas

Omg judas was such a slay

I still remember when everyone was talking about this song. It was like a HUGE EVENT whenever a new GAGA song came out

The intro

giphy.gif

When I first heard the chorus

giphy.gif

The middle eight breakdown

giphy.gif

The banging instrumental

giphy.gif

It goes OFF

giphy.gif

Frodo

Maybe she believes in the quality of the album so much that she wants it to speak by itself, and believes it needs no promo and no tv appearan--- oh wait

I can't! lololol

KBal676.gif

Little Mons†er;220283838 said:
i don't have any doubts of the album's qualiTEA but it's just a shame about the lack of hype, performances... success etc.
that's what I mean... apparently it's out next week but she's not doing anything at all

Pop girl 4th studio album launch single comparisons on billboard hot 100!

Perfect Illusion (Gaga, Joanne) - #15 peak

Russian Roulette (Riri, R Rated) - #9 peak

Me Against The Music (Britney, In The Zone) - #35

Fantasy (Mariah, Daydream) - #1 peak

tumblr_m34rrqNilg1qzuh1n.gif

Frodo

Pop girl 4th studio album launch single comparisons on billboard hot 100!

Perfect Illusion (Gaga, Joanne) - #15 peak

Russian Roulette (Riri, R Rated) - #9 peak

Me Against The Music (Britney, In The Zone) - #35

Fantasy (Mariah, Daydream) - #1 peak

tumblr_m34rrqNilg1qzuh1n.gif

Like a Prayer (Madonna, Like a Prayer) - #1

And it is also a song everyone remembers to this day. And more #ICONIC than anything your faves rihleased.

like-a-prayer-GIF-tears.gif

Ahasverus

I just listened to the snippets leak.. WTF POP Gaf? sounds like her most solid record yet. It sounds like Adele, yeah, what can you do, still, lyrics seem good, and the music while a bit.. unpop, for her, will probably age better than all of her albums already, Can't find anything to hate tbh.

Mentioning Fantasy and Like a Prayer in the same breath as Perfect Delusion..smh.

But I guess you could point that Rated R had "Te Amo" and "Rude Boy", In the Zone had " Toxic"..so there's hope?
nah

Meanwhile

u5w3diB.png

This back to back wig snatching slay! How's yall faves doing these days?

tumblr_mjup53E5It1r6qguso3_250.gif

----

Not sure if there's any jpop fans in here but I'm listening to this cute album that hasn't released yet but umm it kind of slays. It's a bunch of cute bops 👏🏾👏🏾

Kero Kero Bonito - Bonito Generation

MANUELF

Banned
I just listened to the snippets leak.. WTF POP Gaf? sounds like her most solid record yet. It sounds like Adele, yeah, what can you do, still, lyrics seem good, and the music while a bit.. unpop, for her, will probably age better than all of her albums already, Can't find anything to hate tbh.
Is not a Pop album when she became famous by being a Pop artist, also the fact that it can age better than spoiled milk is not hard to Do or is deserving of praise

Ahasverus

Is not a Pop album when she became famous by being a Pop artist
... and? By this logic we wouldn't have Ziggy Stardust or anything Beatles since their second album. Also, not that this is gothic metal or whatever, it's americana. It also has 3 good pop songs.
lso the fact that it can age better than spoiled milk is not hard to Do or is deserving of praise
It does deserve praise, that's why confessions is still the most well regarded album of modern Madonna

Yeah, the album sounds fucking great judging by those snippets

Top Bottom