• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Mau ®

The kind of bajan voodoo Rih has over simple male mortals is outstanding tbh. Drake literally put his heart on a silver plate at the VMA's and she was like "oh ok".

Savage. Ahh my ***ing fave!

Well it sounds like Rih is the one backing away from him. Of course Drake is in love with her from what we hear, but it seems Rih put a stop to it recently

Their "relationship" has been like this for a minute lots of back and fourth. I honestly think she keeps him around cause he's good convenient dick and she sees him as a friend but no one she will seriously claim as her man.

Mau ®;227359481 said:
The kind of bajan voodoo Rih has over simple male mortals is outstanding tbh. Drake literally put his heart on a silver plate at the VMA's and she was like "oh ok".

Savage. Ahh my ***ing fave!

I laughed at that cause her response was not what non fans were expecting. She cares about him i'm sure but she's not here for being tied down just yet.

botty

Banned
pll.0713t1larg.jpg

The December 4th premiere of ‘Mariah’s World’ commanded an audience of 1.24 million. Yet this was on E!’s sister channel Bravo and with the benefit of a lead-in from the immensely popular ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta. Its transmission on its own network was only watched by 630k.

The second airing of the series this past Sunday was watched by 809k viewers, with a 18-49 rating of 0.4

The third airing was watched by 730k viewers.

In addition, 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' failed to peak in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 again this year.

I think it's safe to say Touchdown's promo on Neogaf was the only thing keeping Maritanic floating for so long.

This concludes the Mariah v Ariana war.

giphy.gif

Mau ®

"All I Want For Christmas" is bigger than Mariah IMO. I don't think people even know that song is by her, especially younger people.

I know I didn't. The first time I ever came into contact with it was a cover by a young girl in the movie "Love Actually".

DOWN

Banned
The way she tried to act like this is normal clothing
mariah-carey-e.jpg

EDIT: According to Wikipedia we don't know what year Mariah was born???

The way she tried to act like this is normal clothing
mariah-carey-e.jpg

EDIT: According to Wikipedia we don't know what year Mariah was born???

Before she took on this "eternally 12" "i don't have birthdays" crap she revealed her age during an interview in 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEmQI1iYCJA

@ 1:02

Maybe cause she's getting older she feels the need to be so secretive lol. She looks great for her age but Mariah is on extra mode all the time.

Bladenic

I wonder how much of it is like her real self or the image she purposefully plays up as being a diva and all that. Part of me thinks that's just how she is lmao

DOWN

Banned
I wonder how much of it is like her real self or the image she purposefully plays up as being a diva and all that. Part of me thinks that's just how she is lmao
She said her show was to show how down to earth she is and then she promo'd it with that image I posted so... I'm gonna say she indeed has a sense of grandeur about herself

botty

Banned
A sub-par album that charted high on numerous year end lists, has Universal Acclaim on metacritic...along with being one of the highest scores this year, and sold over 1m ww (not including streams)... with 2 top 10 hits and multiple top 10s on pop radio.

I don't even know what you stan, but I'm sure you should direct your definition of "sub-par" inward.
tumblr_o5ainkWFUa1qet0cro2_540.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I thought Dangerous Woman (the album) was okay. The major issue I had with it was that it never knew what it wanted to be and when you compare it to its predecessor it falls flat.

rhandino

Banned
A bunch of 80's and 70's is considered universal acclaim now?

IHaZwsb.gif

For me is more like the album feel a bit too much like My Everything 2.0 and, I think, we all know that she has the potential to do better but it always feel like she is scared to try anything really different or daring with that voice of hers (or her image, truth be told)

I liked some of the songs, I think I said as much in the past, but is very meh for the most part and If I wanted to hear a powerful voice I feel better served going back and listening to Mariah, Aretha, Whitney or Xtincta.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Yes. This isn't gaming journalism where an 82 is considered an abortion of a score.

IHaZwsb.gif
Music is pretty similar to gaming in this regard actually, but not as bad.

90-100: One of the Greatest Albums of all time
80-89: Very Good, but not great
70-79: It's okay
60-69: Mediocre
50-59: Terrible
1-49: Garbage.

Movies are probably the only ones with reliable ratings.

llehuty

lmao, you are sometimes so dramatic. A 12 year old song charting at 16th on billboard and you are selling it like is a disaster. I would like to know who is going to remember Side to Side in 12 years (to put an example). Spoiler: Nobody.

It's no secret that Mariah has passed her prime, but let's not pretend that isn' a feat in itself having any kind of impact in the charts for so many years (either with new stuff or old stuff).

i wonder if gaga will ever make a
great
pop album ever again.

really miss the spectacle of the fame through born this way. I almost wish she just stopped after born this way :/

Decarabia

I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever I don't care about funny
I want loads of clothes and fuckloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
Cause everyone knows that's how you get famous
I'll look at the sun and I'll look in the mirror
I'm on the right track, yeah I'm on to a winner

I don't know what's right and what's real anymore
And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore
And when do you think it will all become clear?
Cause I'm being taking over by the fear

Still a bop 8 years later

gretdance.gif

Top Bottom