• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
A Tidal exclusive in 2017?

kBUo8pR.jpg

If they booked Swift over Kayne, imagine the meltdown.
She fits in.
She sure does.

taylor-swift-tmz.jpg
CQi4BP4.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Pop king The Weeknd on the cover of the new GQ. Whew, the Starboy era just keeps giving (as if being 2016's best album wasn't already enough).

He also drags Dump

On Donald Trump’s grab-em-by-the-p-ssy comments: “I don’t know anybody that would do that. I know a lot of people in the industry, and I don’t know anybody. Like, a random girl that you just spoke to? No. I mean…No. How do you even grab a p-ssy? Like, is it even grabbable?” He shakes his head. “America, man. They never fail you.”

7Trz29x.gif

botty

Banned
I was feeling a bit nostalgic today, so I watched the Ariana and Christina performance on the voice... and I think it's safe to say Ariana is a better singer than Christina at this point in her career. Mariah has faded so there is no competition there, and Whitney Houston... rest her soul.

Beyonce is kind of Ariana's only competition in the major pop sphere. Gays will lie and mention gaga, but I said "major pop sphere" so catch me outside with that.

Do y'all know of any other vocalists in 2017 that can compete with Beyonce or Ariana?

DOWN

Banned
If I had to throw away Ariana or Christina based on voice alone, I'd throw away Ariana. Ariana has a less unique voice despite fantastic overall range. I feel like Leona Lewis or young Mariah Carey were more incredible upon first examining their vocals.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I was feeling a bit nostalgic today, so I watched the Ariana and Christina performance on the voice... and I think it's safe to say Ariana is a better singer than Christina at this point in her career. Mariah has faded so there is no competition there, and Whitney Houston... rest her soul.

Beyonce is kind of Ariana's only competition in the major pop sphere. Gays will lie and mention gaga, but I said "major pop sphere" so catch me outside with that.

Do y'all know of any other vocalists in 2017 that can compete with Beyonce or Ariana?

So they need to be both talented AND relevant with their last albums being a critical and commercial success? That combination is in short supply these days especially when we have former pop artists trying it with country & naming albums after dead aunts they never met (yikes).

Though if you Switch (avaliable March 3rd) genders I'd say both Abel and Zayn fit the bill nicely. Zayn is the male Ariana after all.

botty

Banned
So they need to be both talented AND relevant with their last albums being a critical and commercial success? That combination is in short supply these days especially when we have former pop artists trying it with country & naming albums after dead aunts they never met (yikes).

Though if you Switch (avaliable March 3rd) genders I'd say both Abel and Zayn fit the bill nicely. Zayn is the male Ariana after all.

Zayn is the male Ariana in terms of looks, yes.

this is a good pick.

Brhoom

Banned

Do y'all know of any other vocalists in 2017 that can compete with Beyonce or Ariana
?

Compete with what?

Pitchy vocals?
High larynx?
Breath support?
Vocal placement?

Just because you don't hit as many F5 as you did in your prime, doesn't mean that you can't sing anymore.

Mariah still has a better technique than those girls.

p9vAfDCTTXW3J5ilyqdH_Qy59fY5.gif

Let me make one thing clear, Ariana is the most talented girl to come out of pop in years. However, if she doesn't improve her technique, her voice will go down Xtina's path. And I don't want another talented artist to lose her voice like that.

royalan

Compete with what?

Pitchy vocals?
High larynx?
Breath support?
Vocal placement?

Just because you don't hit as many F5 as you did in your prime, doesn't mean that you can't sing anymore.

Let me make one thing clear, Ariana is the most talented girl to come out of pop in years. However, if she doesn't improve her technique, her voice will go down Xtina's path. And I don't want another talented artist to lose her voice like that.

Gurl bye. Xtina's vocals are better than Mimi's at this point.

botty

Banned
Compete with what?

Pitchy vocals?
High larynx?
Breath support?
Vocal placement?

Love, Mariah went from whispering to not singing at all. How you gonna have better technique with no voice?
tumblr_inline_nizjiq6b861rvaenu.gif

I'd rather pre-order a Switch than watch that thing. Like a Lost season 6 flash sideways come to life. I still can't come to grips with it. I need Christina Aguilera to help me make sense of these feelings.

rhandino

Banned
All these purges and The F*lp never gets banned.

3ObYKnX.gif

-----

Sittin' here thinkin' about everything
My momma told me
That I would always make it this far
I can't make sense of everything (everything)
But I know one thing
I gave it all of my heart
The road got lonely
Sometimes I was afraid
But luckily I had you
To ride the wave

Thank you for stayin' by my side
Hope you all enjoy the riiiiiiiiiiiide

SQLjsPE.gif

All these purges and The F*lp never gets banned.

3ObYKnX.gif

-----

Sittin’ here thinkin’ about everything
My momma told me
That I would always make it this far
I can’t make sense of everything (everything)
But I know one thing
I gave it all of my heart
The road got lonely
Sometimes I was afraid
But luckily I had you
To ride the wave

Thank you for stayin’ by my side
Hope you all enjoy the riiiiiiiiiiiide

SQLjsPE.gif
I know. Tragic tbh

Top Bottom