• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

MANUELF

Banned
Britney stans are the worst. That album was haute garbage. It reminds me of the great quote by Paul Mooney. "Everybody wants to be a n---a but nobody wants to be a n---a." It was just some watered down "urban" music with those awful tinny vocals of hers. Trash, trash, trash. I will say that "Perfect Lover" and "Why Should I Be Sad" were decent and I wouldn't be adverse to listening to those again at least one more time.

Result: 13/100 - F
9kz9QgD.gif
Im sorry for your lack of taste, I hope you can recover

MANUELF

Banned
25: You overshare funny animal videos on Facebook. Have a blurred understanding of the implications of typing in caps lock. Love emojis.

Ray of Light: You rave about the Clinton days, and share horoscopes with your friends unironically. "Confessions On A Dance Floor" didn't click with you, but you say it did.

Britney stans are the worst. That album was haute garbage. It reminds me of the great quote by Paul Mooney. "Everybody wants to be a n---a but nobody wants to be a n---a." It was just some watered down "urban" music with those awful tinny vocals of hers. Trash, trash, trash. I will say that "Perfect Lover" and "Why Should I Be Sad" were decent and I wouldn't be adverse to listening to those again at least one more time.

9kz9QgD.gif

Drag it

Maengun1

ummm wtf I just lurk this thread (and voted on the poll <3) but I am aghast at these results
lol.gif
. I would describe those Britney/Lorde albums as "pretty gud", meanwhile Daydream has several of the most iconic songs OF ALL TIME!

ummm wtf I just lurk this thread (and voted on the poll <3) but I am aghast at these results
lol.gif
. I would describe those Britney/Lorde albums as "gud", meanwhile Daydream has several of the most iconic songs OF ALL TIME!
I have it on good authority that another poster in this thread waged a secret 11th hour campaign to sabotage Touchdown.

it was me

5h-mariah-carey-1423872871.gif

I have it on good authority that another poster in this thread waged a secret 11th hour campaign to sabotage Touchdown.

it was me

5h-mariah-carey-1423872871.gif

LOL werk mams

lol.gif
. I would describe those Britney/Lorde albums as "pretty gud", meanwhile Daydream has several of the most iconic songs OF ALL TIME!

Welcome! Be sure to vote in future rounds as well. New matches almost every day. :)

MANUELF

Banned
lol.gif

Would you say that Lorde didnt deserve to pass?

rhandino

Banned
Listening Ray of Light before going to bed and I am being blessed rn by Shanti

XenaDance.gif

Vote for Ray of Light!

Oh, I and hope you are enjoying your trip Geo =3

Nasser

Blackout won and I didn't even vote

giphy.gif

9kz9QgD.gif

Cool. I personally believe that it's a very, very, very good pop album. What do you think about In The Zone? In The Zone is my favorite Britney album.

Cool. I personally believe that it's a very, very, very good pop album. What do you think about In The Zone? In The Zone is my favorite Britney album.

I don't listen to Britney albums, so I have no opinion on it. I remember liking the Madonna collab, mostly for Madonna. Britney's voice doesn't lend itself to an enjoyable listening experience, IMO. The music isn't good enough to override the annoyance her voice provides.

I think without the cultural context in your head, Blackout loses that spark.

I am not a fan of Britney in the least, but I think that album worked because I felt like I was inside her mind for the first time ever (and since), and it delivered a more unhinged, unabated Britney than that hollow bubblegum pop star we were all familiar with. There's an eerie sorta sadness to the music, which paired with what was going on with her mentally at the time, feels honest and authentic. I can't say any of her other albums ever delivered that.

Decarabia

"Adam really liked Taylor, she was not the type of girl he ever dates and he liked that. He liked how innocent Taylor was and that she had a good caring heart. Taylor's heart was more in it then he was. He started to lose interest over the past few months, but really tried to not just break up,"

9kz9QgD.gif

Phreaker

Hey what's up, it's been a while
Talking 'bout it's not my style
Thought I'd see what's up
While I'm lighting up
It's cold-hearted, cold-hearted

Know it's late but I'm so wired
Saw your face and got inspired
Guess you let it go, now you're good to go
It's cold-hearted, cold-hearted

ZAYN-LIKE-I-WOULD-zayn-malik-39591932-500-280.gif

I can't stop listening to this song, wtf

EDIT: Oh, just saw it was confirmed Prince died of a drug OD, :( RIP

EDIT 2: Someone in our group was working from home today, so we had to remote him in for our scrum meeting. One of the guys started singing Work From Home. I almost fell out of my chair. I asked, do you know who sings that? He said I don't, but it sounds like some new Spice Girls group. I said their name was Fifth Harmony. He said their name is Fifth Army?! I said no, Harmony. Then one of the other guys said yeah, they are a Simon put together group from X Factor. Again, legit shook he knew these details!

rhandino

Banned
Me if Ray of Light ends up in 2nd place

andSwbq.gif

Me after listening for like 1 hour that new Justin Timberlake song while I was visiting the doctor.

andSwbq.gif

Me after that messy thread in the gaming side.

andSwbq.gif

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - RAY OF LIGHT (Madonna), ART ANGELS (Grimes)
Madonna+-+Ray+Of+Light.jpg
grimes-art-angels.jpg

ELIMINATED - 4 (Beyonce), 25 (Adele)
3473207.jpg
635815652322249378-XXX-ADELE-25-COVER-4000-141015-DCB-77076300.JPG

This one wasn't a close contest. Ray of Light's legendary status sealed its victory. Interestingly, almost all those who chose Ray of Light also chose Art Angels. They kept neck and neck for quite a while, until Ray of Light split away later on.

Capture_zpsxi3ilqen.png

Maybe 21 could have fared better? lol

RAY OF LIGHT and ART ANGELS move up to round 2. We'll revisit them soon. BRACKET C COMING UP SHORTLY!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Only like one of those albums tbh

rhandino

Banned
I have voted! Kind of hard this time but oh well.

The Fame Monster - You don't keep up with your Facebook event invites. This had damaged some of your relationships, and yet you don't seem inclined to change your ways. Why is that?

ANTi - You have "hiking" listed as a hobby on your OkCupes profile, but we all know yo ass don't walk. You've been told you have incredible artistic potential at your church.

bcI0e94.gif

Top Bottom