• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I don't know if I agree letting folks who don''t participate in our party vote in our elections.
f0dOmTJ.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How are we supposed to campaign without getting banned?

1gGG4bWo.gif

Shouldnt SoulScribe do an OT thread on this competition? Or just keep it PopGAF exclusive?

You wanna get Non PopGAF triggered? They want us all locked up in this thread. lol

rhandino

Banned
Oh shit lol!

Yeah you're probs right lol

MESS!

MariahCarey.gif

But how shall we campaign?
... You CAN change your avi to something like what Soulscribe is using rn and could work if you still post in Gaming or OT but just posting here your promo will be enough to get the regular lurkers vote and the ones from those who totally hate POPGAF but still can not avoid to have the tab open for a good ol' kii.

mariah-carey-birthday6.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Vote for Britney for fucks sake
Blackout is an album for the ages. A pioneer that released and became a GOD and was soon followed by lesser albums by lesser beings achieving lesser results in its imitation.
34gol7anjbq.png

As for the leasers I voted Lana but should have voted Mariah for Fantasy alone.
But I'm sure touchdown has whored himself enough to ensure her succession

MrV4ltor

The fact that Gaga already had a lead for LG5 picked out, produced by RedOne, but changed her mind last minute....
giphy.gif

Lord, give me the strength to keep stanning this woman...

Honestly there's no indication that RedOne is still an automatic ingredient for a good/hit single, and it seems like their chemistry has fizzled since they separated. It almost sounds like she's been hitting things off better with Mark Ronson and wants him to take a more lead role. Considering that she's pushing back on his contributions and with Mark calling LG5 "authentic and analog," she's probably shifting from the familiar Fame Monster/Born This Way sound to something more evolved. I'm game either way tbh

(sorry to bring up ARTPOP again, but that album is exactly the result of her trying to do a retreat of her old sound. It feels predictable, and loses its punch. She needs new, more evolved soundscapes.)

it seems like Katy and Gaga among others are trying new stuff for their sound. I don't expect all of them to do a ANTi-like drastic change but we might get blessed with new ideas from these pop girls

Mau ®

I voted for the LORDe, of course.

I also voted for Blackout, Brittany's last good album before she was phased out for the current dull Android version.

I can't believe no one used the Mariah banned gif yet on this page. The golden opportunity was missed

Mau ®;205309829 said:
I voted for the LORDe, of course.

I also voted for Blackout, Brittany's last good album before she was phased out for the current dull Android version.

Not too much on Katy Perry

VOTING CLOSED.

Did Touchdown's martyrly efforts put Daydream over the top? Who else made it to round 2?? See below.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - BLACKOUT (Britney Spears), PURE HEROINE (Lorde)
britney_spears-blackout_cdcov.jpg~c200
pure-heroine-lorde-cd-cover-art.jpg

ELIMINATED - DAYDREAM (Mariah Carey), ULTRAVIOLENCE (Lana Del Rey)
daydream-mariah-carey-cd-cover-art.jpg
ultraviolence-lana-del-rey-cd-cover-art.jpg

latest

Sorry mawma. <3

The results were close af though. Mau and a few others ended up swinging it away from Touchdown Mariah at the last minute.

Capture_zpst36u5r8m.png

Still though.
latest

BLACKOUT and PURE HEROINE move up to round 2. We'll revisit them soon. BRACKET B COMING UP SHORTLY!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
when adele's lesser album knock outs one of the other three
adele-laugh-o.gif

If I didn't need any more confirmation of the shit taste that has recently permeated this thread, that sure was it. Britney Spears over Mariah????

giphy.gif

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Honestly there's no indication that RedOne is still an automatic ingredient for a good/hit single, and it seems like their chemistry has fizzled since they separated. It almost sounds like she's been hitting things off better with Mark Ronson and wants him to take a more lead role. Considering that she's pushing back on his contributions and with Mark calling LG5 "authentic and analog," she's probably shifting from the familiar Fame Monster/Born This Way sound to something more evolved. I'm game either way tbh

(sorry to bring up ARTPOP again, but that album is exactly the result of her trying to do a retreat of her old sound. It feels predictable, and loses its punch. She needs new, more evolved soundscapes.)

if she goes with mark and not redone for lead producer the album will be on par with artpop.

Top Bottom