• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Christina looks fab with this new hair.

Q0zdq8S.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Honestly this has been something I have been wondering about for a while...what is the demographic of this thread?? I feels like it skews to largely gay men? I'm more curious than anything? And honestly as a gay man why do you I guess love these female artists and like much prefer them to male artists? I'm not very aware of the gay male culture except for the love of Celine Dion and Lady Gaga and penis, with some love for penis and love for flair and pazazz...I'm a little drunk right now, but yalls seem so nice I figured I would ask. I would rather be informed than ignant...sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention...like I'm real sorry.
I imagine because the life of a female star is way more fabulous than one for a men plus also their lyrics are way more relatable for a women and a gay men who are the biggest supporters of pop music
I'm a gay mexican 18 year old. I guess I like pop music because it can be so different from say rock and rap or whatever plus most of these girls sing about guys and I like guys so I relate. I wasn't even into Pop before November 2013 when I discovered Langod Del Reysiah

That explains your lack of taste, you are still an angsy teenager

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Honestly this has been something I have been wondering about for a while...what is the demographic of this thread?? I feels like it skews to largely gay men? I'm more curious than anything? And honestly as a gay man why do you I guess love these female artists and like much prefer them to male artists? I'm not very aware of the gay male culture except for the love of Celine Dion and Lady Gaga and penis, with some love for penis and love for flair and pazazz...I'm a little drunk right now, but yalls seem so nice I figured I would ask. I would rather be informed than ignant...sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention...like I'm real sorry.

Anyone can really enjoy pop music. Some people might enjoy it more than others but in the end this place people can have a bit of everything. I enjoy Pop music mostly cause you can turn off your brain and just enjoy the music for just what it is as corny, silly and over the top as it can be as there can be some in the genre with meaningful, emotional and a message. There is plenty of things to like there might be even some stuff that might be relatable on the same way you can find some stuff that is very superficial.

Mau ®

I'm a gay mexican 18 year old. I guess I like pop music because it can be so different from say rock and rap or whatever plus most of these girls sing about guys and I like guys so I relate. I wasn't even into Pop before November 2013 when I discovered Langod Del Reysiah

OMG King you are mexican! Where do you live? I currently reside in Monterrrey!

I'm straight and native-american/mexican, and I've gotten some flack when my friends found out I liked Gaga. But then I reminded them that they can't say shit because they listened to anime soundtracks exclusively, so they stopped.
No offense but because you stan Lana I always pictured you as a twinky white guy.

The more you know!
I actually thought this too, oop :x

MrV4ltor

This thread is for anyone who loves pop music really... You cant put a 'gay' label on men who appreciate pop music though. As a Gaga Stan I happen to be straight lol! Sounds weird I know haha. Men tend to be more vocal than women, which is why I would presume there are more men here than women. I do listen to a lot of male artists, but they're not pop artists which is why I don't talk about them in here. They're more 'Dance' and 'Real Music'.
i don't really know much about why women are favoured more than men though. Maybe to do with them being easier to relate to? I don't know lol

Wait a second.

You're straight?

tumblr_mfkt558UX11r43abuo1_400.gif

I imagine because the life of a female star is way more fabulous than one for a men plus also their lyrics are way more relatable for a women and a gay men who are the biggest supporters of pop music

That explains your lack of taste, you are still an angsy teenager
you said you like meghan trainor you can't judge anyone
Mau ®;205992539 said:
OMG King you are mexican! Where do you live? I currently reside in Monterrrey!
I live in Arizona lol but I lived in Sonora for about 9 years c:
I actually thought this too, oop :x
you guys thought i was white... i am so..... [redacted]

Floridian

I'm a straight black male who occasionally listens to pop music (I listen to almost everything genre wise), and just keeps up with the mainstream pop scene. Rih is my top female artist atm. Simple as that~

Vazra

“What I am as Gaga really is, at this moment, what other people think Gaga is. It’s not necessarily what I am entirely,” she said. “Even if I feel like Gaga, meaning this stronger individual person of myself that I discovered being young in New York, loving music, meeting with young artists, working with musicians, with writers, studying this scene and being involved in the lifestyle.”

“It is a bit of a creation, but I think actually, at this point now, it’s other people that have created, through what I have made, their perception of what Gaga is as a separate entity from me."

“What I am at any given moment is some sort of amalgamation of myself Stephanie, the young Italian-American girl from New York that’s an actress and a songwriter and a rebel. Another part of me is what I’m creatively interested in at the time with music and how that culture and lifestyle and the art that arose out of that is influencing me as I’m sort of reading it and writing music."
Source

Getting Artpop teas
Ohurhzc.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

Omg. This is literally me (except the age/date are a bit off). Slay, sis.
cry.gif

♫ Feelin' herself, She feelin' herself
She feelin' her, feelin' herself
She feelin' herself, She feelin' her, feelin' her, feelin' herself
She feelin' herself, She feelin' her, feelin' herself
She feelin' herself, She feelin' her ♫

rhandino

Banned
Maybe this is a mistake but... has anyone here listened to Alessia Cara album?

Alessia_Cara_-_Know_It_All.png

I was listening to it rn and after 2 song I found it kind of cute and chill.

Vazra

The good sis is currently "adjusting" the results so Lemonade makes it through~

If only he were adjusting something of his against my face.
hush.gif

I think everyone forgot about her after Here. It was a nice album but it doesnt really do much to shine.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

I can't freaking stand her two songs that I have listened to. They are so melo-dramatic, filled with angst, and just generally hot topic...like girl we get it, you don't like to party so go home and cry. She just kills my vibe and I can't really deal with something so teenage as that song "Here"..."Wild Things" isn't too bad, except for the fact that it's based on Where the Wild Things Are
I think everyone forgot about her after Here. It was a nice album but it doesnt really do much to shine.
Her song "Wild Things" is usually played in the top songs playlist and top pop songs.

Also: thanks for the info y'alls. I was extremely drunk earlier.

Top Bottom