• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
You're pretty much comparing a local indie act to a major popstar.
It's like comparing elephants with eggplants.

born to die sold 8.5 million copies
so that eggplant is pretty fucking golden
its moot anyway because theyre both shit until they can get off their asses and prove otherwise

MrV4ltor

born to die sold 8.5 million copies
so that eggplant is pretty fucking golden
its moot anyway because theyre both shit until they can get off their asses and prove otherwise

Kween Gaga never sits on her ass.
It wouldn't be as huge if she did.

fifth harmony

jWw6m.gif

rhandino

Banned
I don't see why you two are arguing about gaga and lana, the similarities are striking.

Both burst onto the scene, with a large amount of commotion about their image and the image they project
both released an ep to extend their first albums that are objectively the best thing they've done
their second albums were successes, both sold well but were front loaded compared to their predecessors and didn't reach those heights. A significant amount of the respective fanbases argue this is their best work. They are wrong.
Their third albums arrived to less fanfare, less sales and less relevance. Both felt rushed and are only included in discussion whilst we wait for their next projects, upon which they will be forgotten.

Now I cant find the gif of some woman writing on a chalkboard then walking away from it like some smug shit, so enjoy viola davis instead
murder.gif
7n4XAKu.gif

apparently... honeymoon has sold 600k world wide since it's release

that's really not bad at all considering all Lana did to promote it was... well she didn't actually do anything to promote it she just had the album played in fucking American Eagle or whatever

3phemeral

I almost forgot to say that these all slay
Yass! Her dance remixes and incredibly underrated and contain some of her best belts. Apparently she has hundreds. I found a list of every track she remixed and it's more than 150 or so tracks with new vocals. I'm obviously not going to try listening to all of them (I did try to, once) because most of them are from no-name acts the she's a fan of and wanted to collaborate with.

I'd stick to her album remixes if you want bops. Her 90s remixes are very dance and house oriented.

I remember when Bey used to get dragged constantly before FFFFFFive dropped. It just goes to show that if you deliver quality this thread will stop talking about you. Thankfully everyone else continues to drop trash so stans can try and convince everyone it slays and we can keep this thread moving.

pSOUE7z.gif

One of the closest three-way matchups comes to an end! How problematic were your votes? Scroll down.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - HOW BIG, HOW BLUE, HOW BEAUTIFUL (Florence and the Machine), BORN THIS WAY (Lady Gaga)
how-big-blue-beautiful-florence-machine-cd-cover-art.jpg
Lady-Gaga-Born-This-Way-CD-Cover.jpg

ELIMINATED - BORN TO DIE (Lana Del Rey), FROOT (Marina and the Diamonds)
ldr_album_cover.jpg
froot-marina-diamonds-vinyl-cover-art.jpg

Florence's win is the biggest upset so far in the game. Why? Because she and Marina had only enough nominations to barely qualify entry. Born This Way and Born To Die were two of the most nominated albums. BTD was right on BTW's heels toward the end of it, but alas.

Capture_zpsphdf1pgw.png

HOW BIG, HOW BLUE, HOW BEAUTIFUL and BORN THIS WAY move up to round 2. We'll revisit them soon. BRACKET F COMING UP SHORTLY!

We fall for each other at the wrong time
Only for a moment, but I don't mind
Guess I don't know where to draw the line, the line, the line
And we'll play the same game every night

Up in the clouds
Yeah, you know how to make me want you
When we come down
Oh I know, yeah I know, it's over

You don't know how to love me when you're sober
When the bottle's done you pull me closer
And you're saying all the things that you're supposed to
But you don't know how to love me when you're sober

selena-gomez-crying-the-heart-wants-what-it-wants-music-video-7.gif

Ooh, all the rhythm takes you over
Takes you to a different place
A different space
Ooh, the smoke is getting closer
I can feel our young blood race
Through cityscapes

And everybody wants to be touched
Everybody wants to get some
But don't you play a song about love
When I move my body
I don't have to talk about none
Let the chemicals do it's stuff
'Til the energy is too much

Yeah all I need
Is the rhythm, me and the rhythm
Nothing between
Yeah the rhythm, me and the rhythm
And I know, I know, I know
I can't fight it
I won't, I won't, I won't
Deny it
I know, I know, I know
I'd be lying
If I said I didn't need
Yeah the rhythm, me and the rhythm

ZO2HzQT.gif

i forgot how good Revival was...whew

MANUELF

Banned
Oh well with this Yawna is finally out of the game while Queen Britney is still here, showing she is superior even if Yawna fan is pressed

All of the downs and the uppers
Keep making love to each other
And I'm trying, trying, I'm trying, trying
All of the downs and the uppers
Keep making love to each other
And I'm trying, trying, I'm trying, but I

Can't keep my hands to myself
My hands to myself
My hands to myself

I want it all, no, nothing else
Give me your all and nothing else
Oh, I, I want it all
I want it all, I want it all
I mean I could, but why would I want to?

3d14988196ec20135970c7e48863c8b8.500x291x20.gif

Thank you guys for participating. We've been getting somewhere between 65-75 votes each round, so I appreciate all the lurkers chiming in. :)

OKAY ANYWAY

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RULES:
Four albums each match, two ascend to the next round. Don't sabotage.

Sixth ballot up for vote:

3062053-m.jpg
200x200-000000-80-0-0.jpg
lemonade-beyonce-cd-cover-art.jpg
ce6bf0e1a0b731fcfd86abae64f94eb4.jpg

VOTE HERE:
http://goo.gl/forms/Xe9DZKJ1pWMVIp493

VOTING CLOSES:
t1465347600z2.png

Not this 10yo girl snatching Paula Abdul's wig on SYTYCD. The ageist shade.
Not you actually tuning in to the second episode of this travesty. I envy your resolve.

I watched ha too ;___; slay

Oh, a new bracket. Is this the affirmative action round?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Welp... America had a good run.
MV58mWE.gif

Can you use being gay as an excuse to get out of going to war? You gays better be ready to show and prove.
No you can't? Being transgender is something you can use though maybe...or just say you have moral obligations against it.

Edit: Also voted for Lemonade and whatever the last one is

MANUELF

Banned
Erotica - You've used the word "pastels" at least 5 times this year. You miss old school Mariah Carey. You still don't "get" Twitter.

The Velvet Rope - You feel fierce when you shop at K-Mart because the empty aisles give you space to strut. Your sexual standards are aggressively inconsistent.

Welp... America had a good run.
MV58mWE.gif

Can you use being gay as an excuse to get out of going to war? You gays better be ready to show and prove.
You have this weird ass opinion of Hillary tbh when it's your fave who's been aggressively insulting and demeaning her and her campaign. if that's how Bernie responds when losing a campaign, I'd hate to see his international diplomacy skills.

3phemeral

One of my old students posted this masterclass video of this girl getting critiqued by Pharrell and even though she says it "needs a few more hours of mixing and mastering," I thought the track was fresh as hell.

Tried finding if she posted it online but it's not available at all. I did find her Soundcloud page, though. Mostly very different from what she showcased in the video.

tumblr_o8dwv6Ezoo1qzwh14o1_400.gif

Top Bottom