• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Three R&B icons take on the Material Girl. Who won out?.

Logo_zpsxuclokxd.png

RESULTS:

WINNERS - LEMONADE (Beyonce), THE VELVET ROPE (Janet Jackson)
lemonade-beyonce-cd-cover-art.jpg
200x200-000000-80-0-0.jpg

ELIMINATED - LP1 (FKA Twigs), EROTICA (Madonna)
ce6bf0e1a0b731fcfd86abae64f94eb4.jpg
3062053-m.jpg

Lemonade split off from the group toward the end, leaving Erotica in the dust. Funny enough, Erotica was one of the most nominated albums. Once again proving that ya'll are fickle as fuck. lol

FULL RESULTS BECAUSE PHOTOBUCKET IS DOWN said:
Lemonade - 41
The Velvet Rope - 34
LP1 - 27
Erotica - 20

LEMONADE and THE VELVET ROPE move up to round 2. We'll revisit them soon. BRACKET G COMING UP SHORTLY!

Easy choices.

Bracket G, Round 1
"How's this?"

He slowly grinds his naked abdomen across Leona's spread thighs, causing a muffled squeal. The heat of the moment is simply too much to bear. Leona swings his head back to break eye contact, he knew that if he locked eyes for a singular moment more he would explode in blissful finality.

"Shall I stop?" Touchdown asks as he presses his weight down firmer than ever, a fire in his eyes too magnetizing to resist.

"Neigh. End me," beckons Leona as his voice breaks, his perfect skin glistening with heated dew.

The room shook with a fiery fissure. Their union was felt throughout the kingdom that night.

I'm done.

Sulik2

Just got back from seeing Selena tonight. Revival is a seriously good pop album and she puts on a great show, but can we talk about Bea Miller?

Cause holy crap that girl caught me off guard with her opener. Pretty little clean cut thing comes on stage and absolutely rips out a powerful rock set. A surprisingly heavy rock set for a Selena opener. Any album recommendations? She has a fantastic voice and stage presence.

Voted for Body Talk and........ The Fame. I know, I know, but I think about those singles and how incredible they are and that puts it over the top for me. Also I think it'd be hilarious if all three of Gaga's albums make it to round two.

You are speaking to the dead.

EDIT: NOT THIS SLASH FICTION XDDDDDDD

Don't be frontin', I'm speaking to you too. <333

Madonna better win this round with Confessions!

Ha last
good
album released deserves the praise of a perfect send off

Expired Candy who?
MDMA who?
Devilish Heart who?

tumblr_nnf9orItl91tvf9p0o8_400.gif

Wait, there are people here not voting for Confessions?

Obviously Soulscribe needs to repost ha flaw-free (minus the willful Mariah ignorance) Top 50 Pop Albums of All Time retrospective because some of you miscreants seem to think Lady Gaga invented the genre.

I'd tell you cunts to brush up on your pop history, but the album isn't even that old.

unforgivable

Queen and soon to be President-Elect Hillary YAS will smite you and your loved ones for your transgressions

rhandino

Banned
I voted Confession on the Dance Floor and Rhythm Nation because both albums were excellent for a lot of different reasons:

1) The music was on point and the lead singles of each album were perfect to set the tone for the rest of the era.

2) The music videos for both albums were simply perfect and I dare your fave (not named Beyonce or early Gaga) to make a video as dynamic and impressive as the ones for Hung Up and Rhythm Nation.

3) I love the look and tone and that Madonna and Janet went in general.

In resume: Vote for Madonna and Janet because your faves will nevah!

PWBLhxV.gif

DISCLAIMER: Normally I would have voted for The Fame but I already did my part and voted for the Enhanced Edition (aka The Fame Monster)

EDIT: Ummmmmm... let me save this slash/fiction.

rhandino

Banned
Bat for Lashes? The only song I know about ha is Glass and only because Ubisoft likes to user real TALENT for their Assassins Creed trailers (like that time they used Lorde and blessed us with the AC: Unity trailer)

t1Ykrcx.gif

One of my guilty pleasures is the Dark Horse MV, It's trash but every time that video appears on any screen I stop doing whatever I am doing and watch it.

Bat for Lashes? The only song I know about ha is Glass and only because Ubisoft likes to user real TALENT for their Assassins Creed trailers.

Get into ha Daniel, Marilyn, Prescilla, Laura, What's a Girl To Do?, Sad Eyes, All Your Gold, Winter Fields, etc.

Her new alber The Bride is set to be released on July 1st and it's been amazing so far.

rhandino

Banned
You all better vote for Janet unless you want a 10-page essay from the good sis Icicle.

Yt1N2NL.gif

EDIT: Oh, and I do not think that people voting a LOT for Erotica and then snubbing it later has anything to do with us being fickle and more than the fact that you had to choose between it and other great albums and Lemonade was among those options.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why am I bopping to this? Also, why is this music video not the worst one I've seen recently? Sesame Street stays winning.

Vazduh

Just got back from seeing Selena tonight. Revival is a seriously good pop album and she puts on a great show, but can we talk about Bea Miller?

Cause holy crap that girl caught me off guard with her opener. Pretty little clean cut thing comes on stage and absolutely rips out a powerful rock set. A surprisingly heavy rock set for a Selena opener. Any album recommendations? She has a fantastic voice and stage presence.

I remember her from the 2nd season of X Factor US. Even though Carly Rose Sonenclar had a stronger voice, Bea had something special about her and I had a feeling she'd make it one way or another.

She just needs better music now. I think she's released an EP and an album (which has all the EP tracks), so that's pretty much the only thing to listen to atm.

MrV4ltor

Vote for 'The Fame' and it's quality songs like 'Pokerface', 'LoveGame', 'Just Dance', 'Paparazzi', 'Eh, Eh', 'Beautiful, Dirty, Rich', 'The Fame', 'Starstruck' and 'Boys Boys Boys'!

tumblr_m6prj3Gde01qdmb8eo1_r1_500.gif

Revival does have some good bops

Selena recently released 'Kill Em With Kindness' as the latest single from ha album

Thoughts? I honestly believe it's one of her strongest songs and I will FUME if it doesn't get the success it deserves!

Selena recently released 'Kill Em With Kindness' as the latest single from ha album

Thoughts? I honestly believe it's one of her strongest songs and I will FUME if it doesn't get the success it deserves!
She has pick of the litter tbh

Her album is wall to wall potential singles

When will Big Spider
When will Semi
When will Rhesus

MrV4ltor

It's a cute song, but the video is another bland, boring mess.
I need someone to put an end to this trend and serve high production value music videos soon, because these new popgirls aren't doing it and neither are Rih or Adele.
Lemonade is literally the only 'music video' worth rewatching so far this year.

MANUELF

Banned
It's a cute song, but the video is another bland, boring mess.
I need someone to put an end to this trend and serve high production value music videos soon, because these new popgirls aren't doing it and neither are Rih or Adele.
Lemonade is literally the only 'music video' worth rewatching so far this year.

Dont do Just Like Fire by aerial acrobat extraordinary P!nk dirty

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Voted fame and confessions of course
two of my most played albums of all time

janet just got an album through she doesnt need another
and i have always maintained that robyn is overrated, body talk in particular

Top Bottom