• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil HD |OT|

epmode

Oneself said:
Edit: yeah and you can't invert x&y axis separately on PS3 too, why? We're in 2011 ...
It looks like they based the HD remakes off of the PC port which is one of the shittier Ubisoft ports around.

teiresias

Fuzzy said:
No date and not even a hint at a date for NA.

Which makes it more and more likely I won't bother to pick it up when it finally arrives. This exclusive bullshit for this game has been ridiculous. I played it upon its initial release last gen, but I'm not supporting this ridiculous behavior, there's plenty of other great stuff coming out on PS3 just now that this is very easily falling off my radar.

IrishNinja

various sites (i think kagari said so as well) had it marked down for a release on weds, checked PSN this morning and still nothin'.

if next week, that'd be cool, i can grab that + streets of rage 2. but yeah, fuck these timed exclusives, christ i hope Guardian Heroes isn't this bad.

It doesn't have anything to do with it being a timed exclusive at this point. They are either working out some kinks, or more likely, UBI wants to give it a better launch window and a little more marketing and promotion. No one, save the 3 or 4 of you is going to take notice of it being released right now during E3.

RPGCrazied

Any idea why this still isn't up on the NA store? It just got added to the EU store, but not on the NA one.

I'm starting to hate the guys that update the store for our country.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RPGCrazied said:
Any idea why this still isn't up on the NA store? It just got added to the EU store, but not on the NA one.

I'm starting to hate the guys that update the store for our country.
My guess is Sony is stalling it so that the free 30-day PS+ people don't get the 20% off discount.

Teknoman said:
I had no idea this was even out on 360...and since February? Or did something happen?

I think it was like the 2nd of March on XBLA.

It was the first time I had played it too and I loved it :)

sixghost

epmode said:
It looks like they based the HD remakes off of the PC port which is one of the shittier Ubisoft ports around.
If you're already used to Y-axis inversion, it doesn't take very long to adjust to the X-axis inversion. It bothered me for an hour or two, then I didn't even notice it.

Teknoman

Phonomezer said:
I think it was like the 2nd of March on XBLA.

It was the first time I had played it too and I loved it :)

Hmm I guess I missed it due to being overwhelmed by finals. Anyway, grabbing the demo. First time player too. Really need to get back to DQVII though :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Played the demo from the EU PSN store and loved it.

Those camera controls make me sick though.
Why does the First Person camera work fine but they reverse the X axis for the third person camera? So stupid!

RPGCrazied

Any news of this being out soon? Outland is coming out tomorrow, just wondering if this has an updated release date yet?

edgefusion

Just completed the PSN version and loved every second of it. Such a classic and a huge shame BG&E2 is still a long way off, if ever.

RPGCrazied

Ugh. That would really be sad if they are waiting for the free month of PSN+ to be over, so we can't get the discount. I have no other reason why its not on our store yet, but it is for EU. Lately I've noticed the EU side of gaming is getting way better stuff, sooner releases, games we aren't getting. What the fuck is up with that?

I've found a weird texture bug on the PS3 version. It seems the screens like the one in the Iris HQ have the animated texture as a tiny rectangle in the corner. Apart from that strange thing the game seems to run fine, but stuff like that might be why it's being held back.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Game runs at what seems rock solid 60FPS, it's a really good HD port, but it in many ways it feels dated. I don't know if I could play through it again :\

On the contrary, I feel like it's aged very well. Except for the lousy camera, it could easily be a modern game with a low-poly graphical design.

The camera really is shocking. I had only ever played this on PC, and never really had a problem with it. I think it's because it doesn't recenter itself automatically when you run in a different direction. It's entirely manual, which suits a mouse.

Surely it wasn't like this in the orginal console versions?

Tizoc

edgefusion said:
Just completed the PSN version and loved every second of it. Such a classic and a huge shame BG&E2 is still a long way off, if ever.
So it's a good port of the game then? Good since i plan on getting it this week when I buy a cash card for EU =)
How big is the download though?

My name is Jaded Alyx, and while I will not be purchasing this fine game, I would just like to take the time to pop in here and say I approve of this thread.

Jomjom

Banned
Whoever made the decision to delay it so much deserves to be fired. Yesterday's PSN update had nothing in it, BG&E should have been released at that time. Now this is going to sell all of 10 copies because of how late it is.

jling84 said:
Whoever made the decision to delay it so much deserves to be fired. Yesterday's PSN update had nothing in it, BG&E should have been released at that time. Now this is going to sell all of 10 copies because of how late it is.

It actually has a great window. There's only 3 retail releases next week, all pretty low-key or downright shitty, and then the next is just 1, EDF. And then the rest of July is pretty craptacular as well.

Fuzzy said:
I'm not buying it until there's the discount we were promised.

It looks like that was some kind of Ubisoft promo for that month. No use crying about 2 bucks for such a great game, anyhow.

LocoMrPollock said:
It looks like that was some kind of Ubisoft promo for that month. No use crying about 2 bucks for such a great game, anyhow.
It does suck though. I'm $2 short for the game now, so I can't get it at all.

cajunator

Banned
I really wish we would hear something about BG&E 2. If it even still exists.
Please tell me it still exists. Hold me, I'm scared.

Top Bottom