• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

I played on pc. 48-player Conquest on Caspian. Everything felt so much crisper. Player movement was much faster.

I'd consider getting another 360 if we could round up a posse for BF3.

You'll get another 360 for DSII

Or Ody gets a PC that runs more than just FTL.

The 360 is still a hot platform!

Let's be realistic about the chances of that actually happening.

Hey! I was closer this time than any other, but shit happens :p

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
That was a great night last night. Some of the most fun I have had in this game. I wish I didn't need to be to work early or I would have played another round or two.

I think oblitGAF was having a discussion about cramming people into elevators the other night, and I mentioned this gif:
6oJX3OI.gif

No_Style

Back to back nights of lag and unfortunate rolling of the dice (tried spawning as a gunner) discouraged me from playing more with PS4 GAF :/

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
That rubberbanding was especially frustrating. Seemed worse than the other day when I played.

We were 4 baring it last night. I have found, not surprisingly, that rubber banding is much worse when less than 5 bars. We gonna watch what servers we go into and can't trust quick match.

The gunner crash fix is in the next patch, no style. Hopefully fixed within days.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna play on PS4 in an hour. 7pm Pacific. Let's get a squad going! I prefer Obliteration or Conquest. PSN = kittens_dx.

olimpia84

Nice playing BF3 I mean BF4 with you guys. I really like how they added new things to the maps in Second Assault but did we really need four maps from the previous game? How about some Panama Canal or some other BC2 maps for next time? =/

i'm considering getting premium, but i'm wondering how the map packs work. will they introduce servers that rotate through a given map pack and the default maps? i have china rising and it seems if you want to play those maps you have to join a server that rotates only through those 4 maps. it's kind of a bummer. also, i'm not sure if game mode affects this. i basically only play obliteration.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
i'm considering getting premium, but i'm wondering how the map packs work. will they introduce servers that rotate through a given map pack and the default maps? i have china rising and it seems if you want to play those maps you have to join a server that rotates only through those 4 maps. it's kind of a bummer. also, i'm not sure if game mode affects this. i basically only play obliteration.

That's a tough one. In BF3, Dice had servers that ran some original + back to Karkand maps. EA ran servers that mixed all maps together, but these didn't exist when the map packs first came out and it was a good bit of time before they added servers that ran everything.

Long story short; I think they will put up servers that run everything eventually, but how long it will be, I can't say.

That's a tough one. In BF3, Dice had servers that ran some original + back to Karkand maps. EA ran servers that mixed all maps together, but these didn't exist when the map packs first came out and it was a good bit of time before they added servers that ran everything.

Long story short; I think they will put up servers that run everything eventually, but how long it will be, I can't say.

i see. thanks for the info. i may have to buy premium anyway. i played last night for the first time in weeks and it felt like it was all scrubs playing obliteration. hardly any focus on the objective. i'm thinking most of the "serious" players were on a second assault server. i suppose that could die down once second assault has been out a while though.

olimpia84

This must have been right after I went to bed. Or I had a bad game.

Olimpia, sorry we ditched you after one game, we realized we were on a Euro server and were all pinging at 4 bars.

I tried switching teams twice but teams were full. Then bkak and #2 joined and we played a few rounds until we finally lost.

any ps4 owner's play online with the vita remote play? i've been spending a lot of time at my gf's house and am considering buying a vita so i can still play my ps4 while at her house. i'm just wondering how awful the performance would be. i'd be connecting to my ps4 at home via wifi at her place and then of course my ps4 would be connecting to the game server etc... sounds like a a recipe for disaster.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
any ps4 owner's play online with the vita remote play? i've been spending a lot of time at my gf's house and am considering buying a vita so i can still play my ps4 while at her house. i'm just wondering how awful the performance would be. i'd be connecting to my ps4 at home via wifi at her place and then of course my ps4 would be connecting to the game server etc... sounds like a a recipe for disaster.

Even if you had the greatest internet on both sides in the world, the latency trying to do that would kill you.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hey there's a 996MB patch on PS4!

PS4 Game Update Feb 21
-Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

olimpia84

The phobia of using spawn beacons in GAF continues. Seriously guys? I go unscathed past the B flag in Metro playing for the US team, wait for like 20 minutes for all of you and you guys keep spawning as engineers (??) and medics instead of recons?

Talk about ruining our only chance of winning this stupid map which clearly wasn't tested by those lazy fucks from DICE.

BoatAck

The phobia of using spawn beacons in GAF continues. Seriously guys? I go unscathed past the B flag in Metro playing for the US team, wait for like 20 minutes for all of you and you guys keep spawning as engineers (??) and medics instead of recons?

Talk about ruining our only chance of winning this stupid map which clearly wasn't tested by those lazy fucks from DICE.

That new passageway to B may as well not even be there, it just puts you right where everyone is camping the stairs anyway. I've only played Metro 2014 eight times or so and I've never not been on the US side and I've never won. As the US, it seems like it takes longer to run to B than it did in BF3. For BF3, usually both sides would hit B at roughly the same time if both were rushing towards it. Now it seems like B is capped by the Russians before the US even hits the bottom of the escalators.

They also took away some of the spots to hide beacons between A and the RU base.

I'll return and join your useless clause after the 25th.

....assuming another warframe update doesn't drop by then...

olimpia84

That new passageway to B may as well not even be there, it just puts you right where everyone is camping the stairs anyway. I've only played Metro 2014 eight times or so and I've never not been on the US side and I've never won. As the US, it seems like it takes longer to run to B than it did in BF3. For BF3, usually both sides would hit B at roughly the same time if both were rushing towards it. Now it seems like B is capped by the Russians before the US even hits the bottom of the escalators.

They also took away some of the spots to hide beacons between A and the RU base.

The funny thing is my very fist Metro 2014 match was on the US side and we won but ever since it has been impossible. Most of the time I get put on the RU side though but even then it's boring as hell because you know you're going to hold onto the two flags for the rest of the round. BF3 also gave a slight advantage to the RU side in terms of getting to B first but I do agree than here in BF4 the difference in distance is abysmal. Today as soon as the round started I ran to B without stopping and using the sprint spec and even then the enemy had already capped B before I got there. It's ridiculous. The only way is to have 31 out 32 people run to B and hope to win the war in that area but good luck finding a team where every single random thinks about going to B fist.

I'll return and join your useless clause after the 25th.

....assuming another warframe update doesn't drop by then...

Sounds good. I miss the veteran group from BC2/BF3. Feels like we never play together anymore.

Top Bottom