• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

olimpia84

Double platinum trophy achievement unlocked: Win an Operation Metro Round as the US side and spawn trap the enemy. HOL SHIT. Yeah, I know, it was something like 11 on 11 but it was the same number of players per team so no excuses...LET ME CELEBRATE.

Double platinum trophy achievement unlocked: Win an Operation Metro Round as the US side and spawn trap the enemy. HOL SHIT. Yeah, I know, it was something like 11 on 11 but it was the same number of players per team so no excuses...LET ME CELEBRATE.
That's less than the 360 count. You played last gen numbers on next gen. That's why it was competitive.

It's even more fun when we win. That was the most lopsided night we've had in weeks. I was 1-5, yet some of those matches had 6-10 of us on one side. We even went to two different servers. We just had some awful random teammates. It's really annoying to notice that seemingly everyone else on the team is a recon back in the hills.

That was an epic win, which we would have lost if the match had lasted 2 seconds longer. And we lost the next one. Very rare to be outplayed like that.

DoubleD

That last match on Zavod was pretty funny when those guys on our team would suddenly rush the flags from their campground in the woods and get slaughtered like lambs.
Despite the losses, I was just happy to play for a while without getting the rubber band experience I have gotten the last couple of weeks. This game can be so bitter sweet.

I was on the other side of that 2 ticket loss :(

Did my best to be annoying as possible considering the GAF folks I ran into.

Oh, you were. I know i cursed you a couple of times.
I dont really like playing against other GAFers too much. But I will say that there isn't a kill more satisfying like when you are on the other team waiting to switch sides and you get some kills on a GAFer or two. I know I have had some of you guys cursing my name haha.

No_Style

Sorry about the sudden disconnect, adamsappel. Power went out for a second. Then I got fed up with all the lag and called it a night.

Oh that lag. This so called "Player Appreciation Month" has been nothing but nonsense. Did they even mention plans for patches to address these issues?

I dont really like playing against other GAFers too much. But I will say that there isn't a kill more satisfying like when you are on the other team waiting to switch sides and you get some kills on a GAFer or two. I know I have had some of you guys cursing my name haha.
It doesn't count if that's how we realize you're on the server.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Who's going to set up the platoon tomorrow? Will Oblit GAF/CQ GAF/Rush GAF all have separate platoons?

Lets avoid this turning into a discussion about how useless platoons are. We all know they are, but not one person who will feel the need to make a post about it is going to not join one.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
This week sucks and I'm tired hainan and its terrible lag. Think ill try to play with Oblit GAF or do other game modes tonight.

I'm down with that. The lag is so damn unpredictable. Some times I have no issues and the next night, for no apparent reason, it hits horrible. Weekends with more traffic makes sense, but Wednesday night?

Nice that PC continues to get "optimization" and we are stuck with this crap.

"Sharp, why are we going to their spawn?"

"Sharp, turn aroudn you're going the wrong way."

"Sharp, this is their flag cap!"

*explosions*

---

So, more CTF tonight?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

*explosions*

---

So, more CTF tonight?

Yes! That was a great time. I'll be doing something to this account in reference to that.... Incident.

Never go full retard!

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

*explosions*

---

So, more CTF tonight?

More I think about that move, the more I feel like a god damn dumb ass. Great first impression for all those gaffers I played with the first time.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
ah, relax. It didn't effect the outcome, and I think everyone had a good laugh.

Don't get me wrong, I am laughing at it more than anything.

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

olimpia84

I had no big issues with rubberbanding until yesterday (PS4). I even got kicked out with that error message yesterday so I decided to call it a night.

So many highlights from last night, but I did enjoy at the end of the night when I could hear but couldn't talk.

*launch UCAV*
*see corpse outside E and it's flashing*
Sharp: "A sniper killed me from the roof of E."
*explosion*
"Nevermind, Zero got him."

terrible

Banned
I just decided I'd try to unlock the UCAV but apparently there aren't any Air Superiority servers on the PS4. Wut.

edit: actually meant to post this in the OT but this works too I guess lol.

I'm afraid to fly because of the rubberbanding. I ended up with my chopper run into a wall or zipped to a completely different place I wanted. Its not easy to asses where my momentum is heading either when rubberbanded.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
So many highlights from last night, but I did enjoy at the end of the night when I could hear but couldn't talk.

*launch UCAV*
*see corpse outside E and it's flashing*
Sharp: "A sniper killed me from the roof of E."
*explosion*
"Nevermind, Zero got him."

Lol, I watched it come in on the kill cam . It looked awesome as hell.

Cronnie

Patch notes for the PS4 update (1.3 GB if you were wondering) that just went live a little while ago;

March 4 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Several crash fixes and stability improvements
-Various improvements for Spectator Mode
-Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
-Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
-Added default player slots to server browser filters
-Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
-Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
-Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
-Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
-Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
-Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
-Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
-Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
-Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
-Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
-Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
-General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
-Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
-Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
-Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can’t plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
-The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
-Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
-Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
-Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
-Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Weapon tweaks
-The SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
-The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
-The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
-The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
-Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
-Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

About time they fixed that staff shell exploit, I'm interested to see how the weapon tweaks work out as well.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Patch notes for the PS4 update (1.3 GB if you were wondering) that just went live a little while ago;

About time they fixed that staff shell exploit, I'm interested to see how the weapon tweaks work out as well.

May finally switch from the staff combo if this puts a real Impact on that dynamic.

Reven

I hopped in to a match of Obliteration on Rouge Transmission early. (PS4) The lag was worse than I have ever experienced and the new map layout is absolutely awful.

Odrion

Banned
I just wanna say that the Gaffers I've been playing with (like Dr. No Prob) have owned bones and the past week of matches I've played with them have been really fun.

I wish I didn't lose the PS4 headset on the very first day though. Lol.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I just wanna say that the Gaffers I've been playing with (like Dr. No Prob) have owned bones and the past week of matches I've played with them have been really fun.

I wish I didn't lose the PS4 headset on the very first day though. Lol.

You obviously didn't play last night. We should hang our heads in shame at that performance.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I can't bitch about what we were doing but I'm at a loss to understand why we kept losing.

We just got beat, but with almost half the team being GAFers, that just shouldn't happen. The Zvod game after you left was still a loss, but only by 62 tickets. That being said, I din't feel like it felt that close.

Dr Prob

Banned
Yeah, that was a rough outing. Shanghai I can understand; if the other team holds an intact C and is intent on having beacons up on the other buildings it can be a pain. We should have LEVOLUTIONED that thing once we saw what was going on. Though that may not have helped, as even on the other maps it just felt like we were outnumbered everywhere we went. Just wasn't our night.

It's like that old saying: sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes...the bears are on the rooftops, where the hell is our chopper!?

Top Bottom