• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

olimpia84

Sorry guys, I keep getting that stupid error message. This sucks beyond belief since I pretty much bought a PS4 for this game.

BoatAck

Sorry guys, I keep getting that stupid error message. This sucks beyond belief since I pretty much bought a PS4 for this game.

I'm in the same boat, that's why I bought one. I hope they fix this shit soon. It's a blast when shit works correctly though.

Good games today when it worked. I'll be back in a a bit.

To the people coming from the PS3, don't be afraid to pipe up in the chat.

olimpia84

I can't believe how out of all the online game modes Conquest is the one that's busted. To make things worse Rush is unplayable in BF4 due to its shit design.

olimpia84

It's holding up fine but I have the feeling that it will probably be the first thing in the controller to 'go bad' after prolonged use

I can't believe how out of all the online game modes Conquest is the one that's busted. To make things worse Rush is unplayable in BF4 due to its shit design.

Conquest being unavailable does suck ass. Able to join a very small population conquest large server, but when it fills up the server crashes. Really hope DICE can get that sorted as soon as possible. So while conquest isn't around, I played a ton of Rush yesterday and a bit Friday night. Have had any issues so far other than stupid teammates. The maps seem to be well put together and to me, more flanking routes for certain objectives than in BF3 (though I didn't play much rush in BF3). So far, so good as far as I can see.

How is everyones PS4 controller holding up? The rubberized parts of the sticks specifically.

Great so far. 10+ hours, rubberized sticks show no visible wear and tear and I don't see that changing with another 100+ hours. Controller is very comfortable and this is coming from someone who hasn't used a playstation controller since PS1. Battery charge is also holding up well, does seem like I might need to charge each night or every other night if playing a lot per day.

Also, attack boat unbalanced? It just might be...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/401870469721645376/935388210/

Every round of Operation Locker crashes for me. Other than that, it's hit or miss. Patch for the PS4 version coming "early next week."

Even with the crashes, still managed unlock a ton of stuff. The RPG and IGLA are so much better than the MLAW.

blahness

Every round of Operation Locker crashes for me. Other than that, it's hit or miss. Patch for the PS4 version coming "early next week."

Even with the crashes, still managed unlock a ton of stuff. The RPG and IGLA are so much better than the MLAW.

To be specific it seems it is Rush mode on Operation Locker. I crashed pretty much the same time you did when we were playing the other night but afterwards, I played some Obliteration on OpLock several times with no crash.

Killigath

Been playing a bit on PC this morning (with 360 controller). The hit detection and aiming controls feels completely different than on PS4. I dunno if its because I'm facing players using keyboard/mice or because im going from a 60" TV screen to a 24" monitor. I wonder if the net code is different on the 2 versions?

Using same gun, same attachments(M249,HOLO,Lazer Sight,Silencer, Stubby Grip).
On PS4 I get a lot more kills at medium/long range when burst firing. On PC it seems like I have to burst 3-4 times before a kill. Enemy usually kills you by the 2nd burst, especially verses an assault rifle.

Anyone else notice this?

Your move, Amazon

9nDTg79.jpg

fritolay

Trying to find this out - With XB1's out there live now, has anyone confirmed if BF4 is working? Any streams of people playing?

Killigath

I'd gladly cut it to 720p if they could guarantee all game modes/functions worked fine and it eliminated crashes/bugs.

Anyone know when PS4 is getting Second Assault? I would assume no more than 3-4 weeks after XB1.

The timed exclusivity only lasted two weeks last gen. It's probably the same.

I've been out of town for a few days, but I'll be back Friday. PS4BF4 all weekend, working or not.

EDIT: Does anyone know if Over's ban is permanent?

blahness

Looks like 64 player Conquest is up and going now on the PS4. Not sure if crashes/disconnections are still happening, but this is an improvement!

Strider

Looks like 64 player Conquest is up and going now on the PS4. Not sure if crashes/disconnections are still happening, but this is an improvement!

YES. I don't have the game on right now but using battlelog on my computer it says there are a bunch of conquest servers that are full right now. Will try soon.

Killigath

Been watching a guys Twich channel playing PS4 64-player conquest for about an hour. He just crashed. Looks like every conquest game crashed. When he came back up they were all empty. Then one filled up and he joined it.

Glad to here conquest might finally be up! I've barely touched BF4 since I got my ps4 last Friday, hope to finally get in some games with you guys again. I've only played one other map besides Shanghai and I'm still getting used to using the DS4, it's taking my brain awhile to wrap around using the triggers now for aim/fire. Still occasionally lobbing a random grenade when all I wanted to do is look down the sights.

Top Bottom