• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 Console Community Thread - Squad Bros and Official Servers

Killigath

Didn't realize I was so close to finishing off the Support class unlocks. I'm about 2,800 LMG from the last gun and 3,700 Support score away from Unlocking C4. Here comes the BOOM!

For any of you that haven't done the Campaign. There are 3 endings that unlock 3 different guns. The M249 and P90 are very worth doing the last mission twice. Both guns are way better than the starter weapons for each respective class. The QBZ-95-1, not so much, but I did it for completions sake. I love the M249, pretty much use it exclusively right now. Stats wise, its as good as the last LMG (MG4). Only difference between the two guns is the M249 has slightly less vertical recoil and it kicks to the left. The MG4 kicks to the right.

BTW You can find gun stats here http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts

Overdoziz

Banned
Didn't realize I was so close to finishing off the Support class unlocks. I'm about 2,800 LMG from the last gun and 3,700 Support score away from Unlocking C4. Here comes the BOOM!

For any of you that haven't done the Campaign. There are 3 endings that unlock 3 different guns. The M249 and P90 are very worth doing the last mission twice. Both guns are way better than the starter weapons for each respective class. The QBZ-95-1, not so much, but I did it for completions sake. I love the M249, pretty much use it exclusively right now. Stats wise, its as good as the last LMG (MG4). Only difference between the two guns is the M249 has slightly less vertical recoil and it kicks to the left. The MG4 kicks to the right.

BTW You can find gun stats here http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts
Can't wait unlock all that crap again once I get the PS4. Have to play through the goddamn campaign again too.

Had a few of the 360 regulars I recognize on last night and we just kicked that much more ass (that railway map). Shame I had to log off to get some sleep.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
At least I'm not a babby.

Ye, I'm going back to the mature thread where people make posts with LOADS OF CAPS, tons of emphasis on half their posts and crying about POINTTTZZZZZZZzzzzz.

tumblr_lsba3ui8Mj1qjkmbno1_250.gif

The patch seems to have addressed the stutter and most of the crashes. Locker still crashed for me today, but the rest of the games ran great.

I don't know why the stream looked so bad--I'm guessing it's on Twitch's side. I have a 10Mb upstream and the PS4 was the only device on it. The stream crashed a few times, too.

Mahonay

Banned
The patch seems to have addressed the stutter and most of the crashes. Locker still crashed for me today, but the rest of the games ran great.

I don't know why the stream looked so bad--I'm guessing it's on Twitch's side. I have a 10Mb upstream and the PS4 was the only device on it. The stream crashed a few times, too.
I really want Locker removed from the Classic Conquest Large rotation.

DoubleD

Anyone else running extremely slow downloading the patch? Says I have 8 hours to DL the patch. Checked my DL speed and it's at 12mb.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Add me, must have a mic and be chill! :)

PSN: MASTR-MENACE

Uh, so the price of the iBuyPower Steam machine looks promising for Valve's vision. I may place the PS4 purchase on hold indefinitely...

If you want a pc, buy a real one. Something upgrade-able with quality components. You don't want to play BF4 on pc.

Real one? Is it fake? Supper, you don't make sense!

You can still dual-boot Windows and upgrade components when necessary. I don't see a problem in a pre-built system that is the same price as the Xbone while still being more capable than the PS4. Definitely looking forward to what other manufacturers can do.

At a given price you'll get more building it yourself, and at that price you're not getting much pc. If you really don't want a console anymore, spend a little more and put together something more future-proof.

Are you not going to play BF4 with us?

At a given price you'll get more building it yourself, and at that price you're not getting much pc. If you really don't want a console anymore, spend a little more and put together something more future-proof.

At that price I feel it is plenty. I have two build lists that are around $400-500 (budget) and the iBP's Steam Machine seems (need more info on CPU) to trump both and either console.

Are you not going to play BF4 with us?

Of course I am. My name isn't AlmostMilk.

Killigath

Ody, I think I speak for everyone here. GET YOUR ARSE A PS4 and LIKE IT! We need you, suck it up and come on!

Now that I have a PS4, I find it hard to play my PC version now. Not trying to start a debate here, just saying its my preference. For me, keyboard/mouse is a no-go. The Dualshock 4 just handles so freaking good. I use a 360 controller on PC, and that already puts you at a disadvantage.

I've got a mid-grade PC at work and have to dial the game back a bit to make it perform well. I havn't seen a single Levolution on PC without a massive frame rate drop and then the levolution is done. Rain/water/storm effects are more noticeable and enjoyable on PS4 also. Not that they aren't there on PC, its just you can't enjoy them because you are so mad at dying to enemies before they even appear on screen. Even on my high-end home PC the game just doesn't handle quite right to me.

zychi

Banned
The ps3 digital version is 35 right now on amazon, if i buy it, can i upgrade to the ps4 version for $10? No need for a disc right?

StUnNeR H2K

So is Second Assualt on the X1 broke? I can't play it and every time I try to launch its asks to BUY DLC. I have premium...

I'm still having so much trouble trying to get into games on ps4, the servers are like 60/64 i hit join and it tries forever until it says connection lost

So is Second Assualt on the X1 broke? I can't play it and every time I try to launch its asks to BUY DLC. I have premium...

Kind of glad PS4 doesn't have that dlc yet then.

We should make a list of 360/PS3/PS4/Xbox 1 players here for people to add.

I'll start off

PS4: Crakatak187

Killigath

Decided to get an Xbone. The Kinect features are almost too good.

Got to check out a buddies Xbone yesterday. Actually there is one really cool thing about Kinect. You can scan the square bar codes via Kinect camera instead of 12 digit redemption codes! 45 second time savings Huzza!

Killigath

Great games tonight, was a blast once we got 5+ GAF on Obliteration. Was nice to play with some new faces, sent out several new friend requests. Played 8 hours this afternoon/evening. Leveled from 13 to 24.

Chris R

How exactly does the download for this work on the PS4? I'm downloading a 6.2gb file now, but the store page said 33gb.

Dr Prob

Banned
How exactly does the download for this work on the PS4? I'm downloading a 6.2gb file now, but the store page said 33gb.

Think the first bit lets you play the singleplayer while the rest downloads over the course of several eons.

Has anyone else had issues with the share button not recording the last 15 min of game play? It seems to be recording the first 15 min of the session and then just stops. I've missed out on recording some awesome steaks because of this. Been searching online for a while with no solution found yet.

Top Bottom