• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

Velcro Fly

I don't think there is any chance that Paul loses the F3 HoH, even if the final part is a complete crapshoot. I just have zero faith in Christmas or Josh to not win a comp where they actually have to try. Christmas has had both of her HoH reigns gifted to her, and Josh basically won on random comp and one comp where no one was really sure they wanted to win.

Oh joy the next episode of Big Paul is on tonight.... I dont care anymore its boring and most likely
Kevin will be booted tonight by Christmas

I hope BB Celebrity edition would be a fun show.

JettDash

Have ratings stayed consistent? I haven't tuned in the past few weeks after it was apparent nobody had the guts to make a move.

Ratings started off worse than last year. Now they are better than than they have been in years.

Kevin deserves zero sympathy. He has done even less than Josh/Christmas

Speaking of Kevin,
Paul told him that the plan is for Christmas to evict Josh. Kevin believes that this is Paul's plan. Though he seems to think that Christmas might go rogue and get rid of him instead. If that happens Kevin thinks that Paul should clip Christmas next and Kevin will vote for Paul to win.

So Paul gets to take Kevin out without any blood on his hands and Kevin intending to give him his jury vote.

kirblar

This season has taught CBS that a vet steamrolling a season is better for ratings.
For a stretch Survivor was doing the exact same "partial returnee seasons all the time" thing that BB was doing, and I'm convinced it originates with CBS themselves, not the show producers. Survivor was able to fight it off after S28 turned out better than every S21->s27 season.

RPS37

Alex is dumb for being mad at Paul. She totally would have won if they were F2. Dude's not trying to get second place again.

JettDash

Alex is dumb for being mad at Paul. She totally would have won if they were F2. Dude's not trying to get second place again.

But you see, Paul should care about keeping his word to someone he met few months ago more than his own self interest while playing a game for money. Because reasons.

DonShula

Overheard a conversation at work today that was basically this thread. Don't like Paul, he's played a good game, he's had a lot of advantages. Both people involved said they normally don't watch and much prefer Survivor.

This season got people talking again. I'd expect more returning vets next summer.

IMO Josh should be invited back. Unstable personality combined with good DR interviews. Also kind of likable sometimes. He would make an intriguing returning vet.

lenovox1

Overheard a conversation at work today that was basically this thread. Don't like Paul, he's played a good game, he's had a lot of advantages. Both people involved said they normally don't watch and much prefer Survivor.

This season got people talking again. I'd expect more returning vets next summer.

IMO Josh should be invited back. Unstable personality combined with good DR interviews. Also kind of likable sometimes. He would make an intriguing returning vet.

They really should just have another all-star season if they want to utilize existing personalities.

NYR

Totally down for a bitter jury, perfect for this dumpster fire.

Raven is the worst houseguest in history. Awful idiot.

JettDash

LOL at falling for a bitter jury edit.

At the very least Paul has Matt, Raven, Kevin, Christmas, and Alex.

Probably Cody, Mark, and Elena too. And Alex says she will try to get Jason to vote for Paul.

Velcro Fly

They are mad he did it to them, but they would have done it to him if they could! Alex and Jason were just fine screwing over Matt and Raven, but when it happened to them holy shit it is suddenly shady gameplay. It is the game. Only one person can win.

My final thoughts for what happened tonite and the future
I believe it will be an 8-1 vote for Paul to win. Cody will be the only one to not vote Paul. Alex and jason will calm down and vote Paul, Alex already hinted at this saying it was just a game, Mark and Elena will as well vote for Paul too in the end over Josh/Xmas.Josh becoming the winner would be the worst thing in my opinion. Dude has alot of growing up to do and if he was rewarded 500,000 for bullying and being an absolute puppet, he will never grow up. As much as I hate Paul, i want him to win now. You gotta give Paul credit , he took the two worst people he could allign with to make even America want him to win over them. (Atleast it worked on me). Josh winning would be him saying to everyone "you played yourselves" ....nope that is just called losing. What final 3 is worse this one or Andy, gina marie, Spenser?]

I also loved how those goodbye messages made Paul a liar again even Julie was trying to wake him up.
Paul saying Christmas went rogue then Josh saying it was the plan, final 3
LOL

JettDash

Kevin is a idiot, the Jury is full of idiots and Cody wants to leave.

This season is a failure.

I'm not sure why Kevin is an idiot. Because he's not bitter?

I also loved how those goodbye messages made Paul a liar again even Julie was trying to wake him up.
Paul saying Christmas went rogue then Josh saying it was the plan, final 3
LOL

Or maybe he just doesn't really give a shit.

My final thoughts for what happened tonite and the future
I believe it will be an 8-1 vote for Paul to win. Cody will be the only one to not vote Paul. Alex and jason will calm down and vote Paul, Alex already hinted at this saying it was just a game, Mark and Elena will as well vote for Paul too in the end over Josh/Xmas.Josh becoming the winner would be the worst thing in my opinion. Dude has alot of growing up to do and if he was rewarded 500,000 for bullying and being an absolute puppet, he will never grow up. As much as I hate Paul, i want him to win now. You gotta give Paul credit , he took the two worst people he could allign with to make even America want him to win over them. (Atleast it worked on me). Josh winning would be him saying to everyone "you played yourselves" ....nope that is just called losing. What final 3 is worse this one or Andy, gina marie, Spenser?]

Cody is far more likely to vote for Paul than Jason is. He hates Josh more than he does Paul and knows that Paul played a better game. He's actually said before that he will vote for Paul.

NYR

Kevin gets a pass for me. He was a recruit who never even watched the show. I would have dragged him to the end too.

Jasper

Part one of the three part HOH competition winner is
PAUL
. This person is now guaranteed to play the final HOH competition of the season and secure a spot in final 2.

Ramirez

I know Kevin was shit all season from a gameplay perspective, but I really appreciate the way he exited the house. It's a game, and I feel most of them lose sight of it when leaving.

sammex

Haha the jury stuff was amazing. Raven was so adamant that her alliance with Paul was the true alliance, and then Elena says why are you sitting here then? Classic.

To be fair, Paul would be the only worthy winner. Sure he had help at the start but no one even thought about getting him out after Cody left apart from a tiny moment from Josh.

Saying that, I'd laugh so hard if the jury voted against him. CBS would probably bring him back next season.

Ganhyun

My thoughts:

Josh has been playing it smart by blowing up Paul's plans to the evicted house guests like he has. We've only seen a couple on the show, but do the evicted house guests see them even if we don't? If so, then spilling the beans on the plans and such like Josh has been doing would be a good way to build a bitter jury that might go against the person playing like Paul is.

That said, the only person who has played well enough to win is Paul.

but yea, currently that jury is bitter and if it stays bitter then Paul may lose again since he doesn't know Josh has been blowing up his moves in the goodbye messages like that.

JettDash

My thoughts:

Josh has been playing it smart by blowing up Paul's plans to the evicted house guests like he has. We've only seen a couple on the show, but do the evicted house guests see them even if we don't? If so, then spilling the beans on the plans and such like Josh has been doing would be a good way to build a bitter jury that might go against the person playing like Paul is.

but yea, currently that jury is bitter and if it stays bitter then Paul may lose again since he doesn't know Josh has been blowing up his moves in the goodbye messages like that.

I don't see any reason to believe that Josh attempting to blow up Paul's game will actually do anything.

Jason is looking like he will be a bitter juror but why would the goodbye message be the deciding factor. He was told that Paul was behind it when he got to jury anyway.

Kevin doesn't seem like he is bitter at all. He still seems to be 100% team Paul.

There is no evidence anyone else even saw one of them.

And it will be obvious that Paul's real F3 was Christmas and Josh on finale night anyway. And that they got there by being loyal minions who Paul believes to be beatable.

Also, don't know how people interpreted that as a bitter jury besides Jason. Understanding that Paul runs the house is not the same thing as being bitter at him for beating them.

Ganhyun

I don't see any reason to believe that Josh attempting to blow up Paul's game will actually do anything.

Jason is looking like he will be a bitter juror but why would the goodbye message be the deciding factor. He was told that Paul was behind it when he got to jury anyway.

Kevin doesn't seem like he is bitter at all. He still seems to be 100% team Paul.

There is no evidence anyone else even saw one of them.

And it will be obvious that Paul's real F3 was Christmas and Josh on finale night anyway. And that they got there by being loyal minions who Paul believes to be beatable.

Also, don't know how people interpreted that as a bitter jury besides Jason. Understanding that Paul runs the house is not the same thing as being bitter at him for beating them.

Multiple people were saying that Paul wasnt going to win.

Mark/Elena mentioned it. they will probably vote together.
Jason is mad at Paul.
Cody agreed that Paul shouldnt win.
Raven is causing discord in the house and is saying Paul should win. How many votes will he lose due to her pissing people off?

The jury seems to be very emotionally charged and alot of them are angry at Paul.

If they cool off and decide to not be a bitter jury then more power to them. But based on what they showed of the actual jury house, lots of people are annoyed at Paul and how things have turned out.

JettDash

Multiple people were saying that Paul wasnt going to win.

Mark/Elena mentioned it. they will probably vote together.
Jason is mad at Paul.
Cody agreed that Paul shouldnt win.
Raven is causing discord in the house and is saying Paul should win. How many votes will he lose due to her pissing people off?

The jury seems to be very emotionally charged and alot of them are angry at Paul.

If they cool off and decide to not be a bitter jury then more power to them. But based on what they showed of the actual jury house, lots of people are annoyed at Paul and how things have turned out.

I literally did not see a single person besides Jason indicate that they don't think that Paul should win or that they won't vote for him.

None of them seemed particularly angry with Paul besides Jason.

Paul will lose exactly zero votes just because Raven is annoying and delusional.

CBS probably tried to make the jury seem as bitter as possible. And if that's the best they can do, it seems like very good evidence that they aren't really bitter, besides Jason. Some people just want it to be true so they convince themselves that it is.

Maybe I'm wrong but I really doubt it. I'll watch it again just to be sure.

My thoughts:

Josh hasn't done anything of substance to blow up anyone's game.
If those goodbye messages were his "moves" he always blabs alone to the camera in live feeds about, he deserves last place in the history of Big Brother.

Ganhyun

I literally did not see a single person besides Jason indicate that they don't think that Paul should win or that they won't vote for him.

None of them seemed particularly angry with Paul besides Jason.

Paul will lose exactly zero votes just because Raven is annoying and delusional.

CBS probably tried to make the jury seem as bitter as possible. And if that's the best they can do, it seems like very good evidence that they aren't really bitter, besides Jason. Some people just want it to be true so they convince themselves that it is.

Maybe I'm wrong but I really doubt it. I'll watch it again just to be sure.

I could be wrong as well. I was pretty sure at one point one of Marlena said Paul would be second, not first and Cody agreed with them.

And yea, some of that could very well be CBS playing it up.

Josh hasn't done anything of substance to blow up anyone's game.
If those goodbye messages were his "moves" he always blabs alone to the camera in live feeds about, he deserves last place in the history of Big Brother.

Well, him telling jury members the plans to get them out where Paul is involved and Paul giving them poo poo im sorry messages acting shocked seems to have hurt him(Paul) with some people. Im not saying its a big move, but it definitely blew up Paul's plan for all those jury members that we know seen them.

JettDash

I could be wrong as well. I was pretty sure at one point one of Marlena said Paul would be second, not first and Cody agreed with them.

And yea, some of that could very well be CBS playing it up.

I just watched that part. Mark said "he" so it could be Josh or Paul.

And given the cuts, what Mark said could have had nothing to do with what Alex was talking about but edited to make if look as though it did.

https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/908524672869818369

I think that if they are are actually in there talking about how they won't vote for Paul, there would be footage that makes it much more clear.

Well, him telling jury members the plans to get them out where Paul is involved and Paul giving them poo poo im sorry messages acting shocked seems to have hurt him(Paul) with some people. Im not saying its a big move, but it definitely blew up Paul's plan for all those jury members that we know seen them.

There is Jason. If he is too bitter to vote Paul for the goodbye message will be a nonfactor given that he was told that Paul orchestrated the blindside in the jury house.

And Kevin. Who really didn't seem to be even slightly upset in his interview. He still loves Paul and says Paul was his closest ally (true, nobody else really talked game with him and he would probably wouldn't have made it to F4 if not for Paul).

It won't have any affect on the outcome of the game.

Top Bottom