• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biker gang shoot out in Waco, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
They interviewed one woman who said her son was shot and that the bikers were waving their guns around acting like they owned the place. She looked about the same as most witnesses you would see on COPS so take it with a grain of salt.

Here's a different link to the story from a local affiliate.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2015/05/17/multiple-deaths-reported-in-waco-restaurant-melee/27498095/

Watching the local live stream, the FBI is getting involved now.

This has the info I heard but couldn't find. Thanks!

They said no bystanders were hurt during the incident so apparently that woman's son was probably a gang member or something that I posted about earlier.

They also said that Twin Peaks management had apparently asked them to come there, I don't know for what though.

Apparently there was some sort of recruitment drive going on?

They said no bystanders were hurt during the incident so apparently that woman's son was probably a gang member or something that I posted about earlier.

They also said that Twin Peaks management had apparently asked them to come there, I don't know for what though.

Apparently there was some sort of recruitment drive going on?

Yeah it seems earlier reports suggested that the rival gangs just happened to come across one another at that point in time but more information released said it was some kind of meeting. I think there were way too many gang members present to be just a chance encounter. Not to say that a shootout was planned, but something else was happening and the meeting ended poorly.

LQX

Guys, stop with the stupid ass race baiting.

I don't see anyone going easy on these guys.

1 percenters (before Occupy tried to still the term) are legit thugs you don't mess with.

These aren't your lawyers and doctors weekend motorcycle club members... there's legit real outlaw motorcycle clubs and they can cause some serious problems.

And it says a lot that lawyers and doctors can dress up like "real outlaw motorcycle clubs" on weekends then walk back into work on Mondays and not be judged. And goes to show that by large they are seen as non-threatening.

Coins

Banned
And it says a lot that lawyers and doctors can dress up like "real outlaw motorcycle clubs" on weekends then walk back into work on Mondays and not be judged. And goes to show that by large they are seen as non-threatening.

If a 1%er sees a person wearing a 3 piece they will catch a beat down. Wearing leather doesnt make you look like an outlaw just like wearing your pants low doesnt make you look like a gangster. Ive never seen a weekend biker wearing a three piece.

Well, I take that back. When SoA took off, dumbass people wore SoA 3 piece cuts and yeah, they caught a beat down.

If only these men had fathers in their lives, they wouldn't have to resort to such violence. It's a shame.

Youre probably right. People without stable support systems in their life seek to find support in ways that arent healthy.

635674809066504247-AP-APTOPIX-WACO-SHOOTING-73120038.JPG

Guys, stop with the stupid ass race baiting.

I don't see anyone going easy on these guys.

1 percenters (before Occupy tried to still the term) are legit thugs you don't mess with.

These aren't your lawyers and doctors weekend motorcycle club members... there's legit real outlaw motorcycle clubs and they can cause some serious problems.

Yeah. These are hard motherfuckers.

Oh shit this could get uglier. I grew up in a biker family when shit got real nasty in the 80s - 90s, sometimes a spark can start a fire half a world away. It would be interesting to know the MC's involved and their affiliates.

Edit: I see now. Bandidos are no joke, RMMC fucked shit up in Canada.

So back to the race baiting huh?
Thugs are thugs are thugs. Sometimes a few people here need to give it a rest on making everything a Black vs. White issue.

Thankfully it was all biker fatalities and no bystanders. Not that anyone getting greased is a good thing, but hey, no innocents killed is a win in my books.

If anything, this will be just the beginning of a much larger war.

Hollycat

I get people got shot and killed and that's awful, but there's something weirdly funny about a biker gang shootout in 2015.

Of course, biker gangs are kinda funny anyways, so that probably has something to do with it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If a 1%er sees a person wearing a 3 piece they will catch a beat down. Wearing leather doesnt make you look like an outlaw just like wearing your pants low doesnt make you look like a gangster. Ive never seen a weekend biker wearing a three piece.

Well, I take that back. When SoA took off, dumbass people wore SoA 3 piece cuts and yeah, they caught a beat down.

Youre probably right. People without stable support systems in their life seek to find support in ways that arent healthy.

I've been googling trying to make sense of this and it seems like all biker gangs that engage in illegal activity are either a 1%er or wear a 3 piece patch, sometimes both. However not all club members who are 1%ers or wear a 3 piece patch are necessarily engaging in illegal activity.

Does that sound right? This is all really foreign to me.

I get people got shot and killed and that's awful, but there's something weirdly funny about a biker gang shootout in 2015.

Of course, biker gangs are kinda funny anyways, so that probably has something to do with it.
?

If drugs and other criminal doings aren't going through street gangs/cartels, it's going through bikers. What's funny about them?

I've been googling trying to make sense of this and it seems like all biker gangs that engage in illegal activity are either a 1%er or wear a 3 piece patch, sometimes both. However not all club members who are 1%ers or wear a 3 piece patch are necessarily engaging in illegal activity.

No. A 1%'er is a criminal. It came from a quote that only 1% of bikers are violent/criminals. Biker gangs took that quote and made it a literal badge in the form of a patch.

Edit: Your patches are earned and only worn by those awarded them. Only full member will be allowed to wear a club backpatch w/bottom rocker ect. The 1% patch is also earned and each club has their own specific patches that symbolize accomplishments.

Obviously a full member isn't going to wear his cuts at all times.

From what I understand-

The 'Dominant' club in the area have the right to wear 3 patches(Insignia, Gang name, Location.) If they see anyone else wearing 3 patches, and they're not recognized, they beat the shit out of them. So in a sorta 'Kiss the feet' tradition, if you're making a biker gang you have to go to the dominant club in the area(Dominant as in most influence, these clubs aren't necessarily recognized by the American Motorcycle Association, thus the outlaw bit), and ask for permission to start a gang. This is so that if you were in that location and you had 3 patches and started shit, they would know who started that shit. If it was just anyone wearing 3 patches, then it would look bad on the Dominant Club(They could say, 'Oh we rep this that and these gangs, that's not recognized by us').

Anyways, so thats how the '1%ers' keep control over local biker gangs. And you'd be correct, not all 3 patchers participate in illegal activities.(But not all 3 patchers are 1%ers)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

My comment was based on someone else's statements... and no.. these aren't lawyers and doctors, these are hardened criminals. Riding a Harley doesn't make you a 1%, just like wearing a blue shirt doesn't make you a Crip.

Stop trying to make this some black/white thing, it's stupid and unnecessary to the discussion.

Biker gangs are about as far from funny as you can get. They've never stopped existing and will continue to exist. Not sure what you think is so funny about people getting killed.

xnipx

I hope the national guard rolls in there with all their military grade gear and tear gasses those damn thugs until they're blind.

Omega

Banned
Kurt Sutter had the MCs all under control. with no more of his shitty writing on TV, all hell is about to break loose

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No. A 1%'er is a criminal. It came from a quote that only 1% of bikers are violent/criminals. Biker gangs took that quote and made it a literal badge in the form of a patch.

Edit: Your patches are earned and only worn by those awarded them. Only full member will be allowed to wear a club backpatch w/bottom rocker ect. The 1% patch is also earned and each club has their own specific patches that symbolize accomplishments.

Obviously a full member isn't going to wear his cuts at all times.

From what I understand-

The 'Dominant' club in the area have the right to wear 3 patches(Insignia, Gang name, Location.) If they see anyone else wearing 3 patches, and they're not recognized, they beat the shit out of them. So in a sorta 'Kiss the feet' tradition, if you're making a biker gang you have to go to the dominant club in the area(Dominant as in most influence, these clubs aren't necessarily recognized by the American Motorcycle Association, thus the outlaw bit), and ask for permission to start a gang. This is so that if you were in that location and you had 3 patches and started shit, they would know who started that shit. If it was just anyone wearing 3 patches, then it would look bad on the Dominant Club(They could say, 'Oh we rep this that and these gangs, that's not recognized by us').

Anyways, so thats how the '1%ers' keep control over local biker gangs. And you'd be correct, not all 3 patchers participate in illegal activities.(But not all 3 patchers are 1%ers)

Okay so basically if I'm out and about at a dive bar somewhere, I should avoid dudes with the 3 patches or the 1% badges. That's really what I'm trying to figure out in order to separate regular dudes vs. "maybe we should go somewhere else".

Of course if they're not always wearing their stuff, probably doesn't matter.

Any notions I had about motorcycle gangs being cool were shattered after I read Under And Alone. Motorcycle gang members are mostly fat, ugly, smelly, drugged out on crank and their biker chicks are much the same.

From what I understand-

If it is a big city/moderate and the clubs are big enough like HA or Bandidos, they will all wear the bottom rocker. Nobody will war over the bottom rocker unless it is a small club.

LQX

My comment was based on someone else's statements... and no.. these aren't lawyers and doctors, these are hardened criminals. Riding a Harley doesn't make you a 1%, just like wearing a blue shirt doesn't make you a Crip.

Stop trying to make this some black/white thing, it's stupid and unnecessary to the discussion.

Biker gangs are about as far from funny as you can get. They've never stopped existing and will continue to exist. Not sure what you think is so funny about people getting killed.
I did not even bring race at all into it. And me pointing out how they are not seen as a threat though they should was not racially motivated either. Seems some of you are going out of your way to tell others stop bringing race into meanwhile doing the very same thing.

Okay so basically if I'm out and about at a dive bar somewhere, I should avoid dudes with the 3 patches or the 1% badges. That's really what I'm trying to figure out in order to separate regular dudes vs. "maybe we should go somewhere else".

I would say...just...just avoid anyone with 3 patches. Especially if they have an MC patch to go along with it. Except the Christian ones. I suppose.

If it is a big city/moderate and the clubs are big enough like HA or Bandidos, they will all wear the bottom rocker. Nobody will war over the bottom rocker unless it is a small club.

Yeah if the biker gang is big enough, they can probably go where they please, so to speak.

TheJLC

I did not even bring race at all into it. And me pointing out how they are not seen as a threat though they should was not racially motivated either. Seems some of you are going out of your way to tell others stop bringing race into meanwhile doing the very same thing.

Biker gangs have always been a threat and seen as a threat just like any street gang. The problem is that just like any street gang they are protected by the first amendment which is why they operate so freely. The same with the white supremacists and anti-government militias. They are always a threat but until they do something illegal and are caught, law enforcement cannot do anything.

In what world are biker gangs not seen as a threat? There's a reason the police were monitoring this meetup even before the violence broke out.

Nosgotham

Yeah I just heard a shit ton of motorcycles and I live miles from the interstate. There's tons of stacked up cops, sheriffs, atf and game wardens here so of the banditos came for a fight I think they are gonna get one.

vilmer_

That Bandidos name rings a bell. A few years back up here in Canada there were a bunch of people murdered (who were also part of the same gang). It was supposed to be a meeting but it ended up that the people who came from out of town to attend the meeting were all walked outside and shot in the head and dumped in various vehicles. It was brutal.

Of course if they're not always wearing their stuff, probably doesn't matter.

So if you yo a bar and 50% are patched up you should just go. That place is not for you, unless you go to a rally/show n shine.

Basic rule of thumb would be to avoid all patches and anyone with them. If shit starts just don't get involved with anyone and leave. Simple as that.

I will say though, in the club I was raised in from a baby, respect is a huge, huge thing. If someone minds his own business and keeps his mouth shut (or only opens it to apologise) most other brothers will talk the member down if he is acting aggressive towards a civie.
Most MCs don't want the heat that comes from beating a regular guy, as long as the member isn't being punked.

Yawnier

Banned
That Bandidos name rings a bell. A few years back up here in Canada there were a bunch of people murdered (who were also part of the same gang). It was supposed to be a meeting but it ended up that the people who came from out of town to attend the meeting were all walked outside and shot in the head and dumped in various vehicles. It was brutal.

Yeah I was going to say... I remember hearing about the bandidos here on the news a lot back in 2006-ish when they found a bunch of bodies in cars in a field in Shedden, Ontario.

Bandidos started up the Rock Machine in Montreal and Toronto.
.edit: meant patched over, not started up.

Powercast

I have been addicted to Sons of Anarchy this last few weeks but I had no idea this kind of Biker gangs actually existed in real life america. Crazy.

fritolay

I just heard that 5 gangs were involved.

If I had a motor cycle gang, I'd call them the Sonics and hang out there. Doesn't Sonic seem perfect for motor cycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom