• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Cosby to Teach Young People How to Avoid Sexual Assault Charges

Xe4

Banned
And I'm sure there are more.

No doubt. For every two women that came forward, it wouldn't shock me if there were 1-2 that stayed silent for their own reasons.

He is a gross man, and I'm saddened I only learned of it recently. He should have been exposed years ago.

Sony

Nintendo
Ignorant question but: if he did do it, why isn't he behind bars? If everyone knows he did it I mean. Is it a case of lack of evidence?

Not meaning to cause trouble, I'm literally ignorant on the subject/case.

17185114_1_x.jpg
I was just about to post this, damn you :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ignorant question but: if he did do it, why isn't he behind bars? If everyone knows he did it I mean. Is it a case of lack of evidence?

The standard for "beyond a reasonable doubt" was difficult to prove given the age of the case. It was a situation where technically him getting off had to be the outcome because the evidence for that one particular incident wasn't there. OJ was kinda similar with the whole glove thing which sunk that trial.

But when 40+ women come forward with very identical stories of when they were raped but unfortunately their statute of limitations was up, then he's almost definitely guilty.

MsKrisp

"Laws are changing, the statute of limitations for victims of sexual assault are being extended, so this is why people need to be educated on … a brush against the shoulder. Anything at this point can be considered sexual assault. It's a good thing to be educated about the laws."

Oh for fucks sake

Basoes

The standard for "beyond a reasonable doubt" was difficult to prove given the age of the case. It was a situation where technically him getting off had to be the outcome because the evidence for that one particular incident wasn't there. OJ was kinda similar with the whole glove thing which sunk that trial.

Thought it was the officer who lied under oath about never saying the N-word was what tanked the trial

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thought it was the officer who lied under oath about never saying the N-word was what tanked the trial

That too I'm sure! I was like 14 at the time so my memory is fuzzy.

I remember "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit"

There is some work to be done on the often intentional vagueness of sex crime laws, the completely overbearing sex offender registry, and the increasing prevalence of career/life destroying false allegations...

...but Bill Cosby is not the man to deliver this message. It's not only counterproductive to a worthwhile discussion, it makes him seem all the more vile. He needs to stay quiet for the rest of his miserable days.

There is some work to be done on the often intentional vagueness of sex crime laws, the completely overbearing sex offender registry, and the increasing prevalence of career/life destroying false allegations...

...but Bill Cosby is not the man to deliver this message. It's not only counterproductive to a worthwhile discussion, it makes him seem all the more vile. He needs to stay quiet for the rest of his miserable days.

Fuck everything you just said. I cant even with this bullshit. What about the women who have to see their husband everyday after he rapes her everynight. Or Women who work under bosses who expect favors to move up in the company, or daughters with creepy dads and uncles.
No, we have to look out for that minuscule number of poor souls who get caught up it someones crazy.
Have some fucking empathy.

Proving rape is hard because everyone thinks its a myth unless another crime is commited during it, like physically damaging them, or holding them hostage.

Fuck everything you just said. I cant even with this bullshit. What about the women who have to see their husband everyday after he rapes her everynight. Or Women who work under bosses who expect favors to move up in the company, or daughters with creepy dads and uncles.
No, we have to look out for that minuscule number of poor souls who get caught up it someones crazy.
Have some fucking empathy.

What are you talking about? Empathy for the falsely accused and empathy for actual victims are not mutually exclusive.

I'll not accept a scenario where any innocent lives are destroyed. I think that's a pretty reasonable stance to take, instead of letting people be collateral damage to justice.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Maybe Roman Polanski wants to film this and make an educational video out of it.

Oh my fucking god I've heard of the book before but I've never actually seen it, is that REALLY the real cover or did someone photoshop it? Are the words "I DID IT" serious in red on the real thing!??!?!

Edit: I just looked up the book and its history, jesus christ

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
While this issue should be addressed, it should not be addressed by Cliff Huxtable.

This 2017 is what happens when kids get a hold of dads time machine in 1000 years.

This sums up how I feel, it's good to have a discussion about the dangers of false accusations but of all people did it have to be taught by Bill Cosby?

It honestly sounds like an Onion headline.

Wag

Oh my fucking god I've heard of the book before but I've never actually seen it, is that REALLY the real cover or did someone photoshop it? Are the words "I DID IT" serious in red on the real thing!??!?!

Edit: I just looked up the book and its history, jesus christ

It was never actually published, at least like that. That was a photoshop.

If_I_did_It_2.png

This is the book in its final form.

Yeah fuck Cosby forever. I will make doubly sure that no media I consume has his face or any connection to him at all in the future. This is sick and anyone claiming its 'necessity' from his mouth is in the business of enabling monsters like Cosby

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm all for education to curb and stop sexual assault but why would anybody listen to the guy who gets multiple F's in this subject? Bruh, no !

Wabba

Wait, i totally missed the mistrial. What happened? It should be enough evidence to lock this man in for the rest of his life or at least he should be trailed?

Top Bottom