• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice thread.
I'm kind of on the fence about this one, I really enjoyed the first Bioshock and I think that this will turn out good, but I'm trying to break my habit of buying every notable game @ full retail price. Also, I'm probably gonna be getting Heavy Rain and Splinter Cell this month, so I should be set. If I can resist the hype I'll probably just rent or wait for a price drop. I'm interested to see how the multiplayer turns out, though.

Rez said:
pre-load is usually two days before.

ew, multiplayer achievements. looks like I won't be getting all of them this time. Bioshock is one the the two -- maybe, three -- games I bothered getting all the achievements for. Not this time, I guess. Have to get people to play that multiplayer somehow, I guess.
I think I got all except the 'win w/o vita-chambers' one. That sounded like too much of a chore. I'd have to kill every Big daddy w/o ever dying? Ugh. I guess you could hit a few times, save game, hit a few more times, save game . . . Ack. Too hard for me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh yeah, I forgot about that one. they added that afterwards, I was already long done with the game at that point, I never got it.

liquidlogan said:
In terms of spoiler ground rules, I'm guessing this thread takes for granted that everyone here has concluded Bioshock 1, and so that stuff doesn't need spoiler tags?
You bring up a good point. Yeah, for this thread, BioShock 1 spoilers are anyone's game. You don't need to put BioShock 1 spoilers in tags.
liquidlogan said:
I'm sure the music in this one is going to be top quality, but I just can't help wanting to say forget it and just play this over and over and over again on an endless loop. Ah, nostalgia.
This song better be in this game!

Edit -

Fixed2BeBroken said:
there isn't one for the xbox360....that's what I don't understand.
*shrugs* You got me.

Also, IGN just put up a nice summary article about the multiplayer.

Encountered the first one about a year after release and absolutely loved it. I am looking forward to going back to Rapture and getting deeper into the lore. MP might be fun, though those videos aren't really encouraging.

Hope the Steam d/l goes live early so I can have it ready for when I get home from work.

Nizz

Great thread! I won't be able to pick this one up anytime soon but I will pick it up eventually.

Loved the first Bioshock and hoping this one delivers.

Wow, this official thread is truly a work of art. My commendations good sir.:D

Needless to say, I will be there day one.

BTW, a poster on the official 2k boards just posted that there was an advertisement on Gamespot.com saying that Gamepro and OPM both gave the game 5/5. As far as I know these review scores have not publicly posted yet.

Great job on the thread Dax.

alr1ghtstart said:
can't wait.

Just a word on the OP, you can use PNG for transparent images instead of matching the color to gaf's colors.

You know I should have done that but the larger images were to big as .PNGs so I did them as JPGs to reduce download time.

monkspider said:
Wow, this official thread is truly a work of art. My commendations good sir.:D

Needless to say, I will be there day one.

BTW, a poster on the official 2k boards just posted that there was an advertisement on Gamespot.com saying that Gamepro and OPM both gave the game 5/5. As far as I know these review scores have not publicly posted yet.
Yep. Just checked at gamespot and the big advertisement on the main page gives the 5/5 for both GamePro (along with Editors Choice Award) and Playstation the Official Magazine.

Clicked on the ad and went to the promo site. Pretty well done promo site.

hednik4am

So freaking pumped for this ! awesome thread dax. i can't wait for this. on my second playthrough of bioshock 1 right now. :D :D

berva

Neo Member
I love it how people can easily dismiss this game based on the fact that it has multiplayer and based on the fact that its more of the same.

I dont know about anyone else but the original game was one of the best gaming experiences of my life and that alone is worth the price of admission into the second.

I can’t believe it’s nearly time for release already, and only a week and a bit after ME 2. Good times.

I’m not pleased about the multiplayer achievements. Not only do I have every achievement on the first game, I have the Platinum trophy for it on PS3 too. Survivor mode FTW!

Eric WK

Mariner said:
They are now. Added it last week I think.

Edit: For the standard version at least.

Really? I don't see it on the list of Release Date Delivery titles.

I assume they give you the option when you order, then?

EDIT: Hey, it does! Thanks.

chixdiggit

Playing through my free Steam copy of Bioshock 1 in anticipation of the sequel. I played through it twice already on the 360 but it's even better on the PC.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
chixdiggit said:
Playing through my free Steam copy of Bioshock 1 in anticipation of the sequel. I played through it twice already on the 360 but it's even better on the PC.
I think I'm going to do that in an hour or so myself. Love the atmosphere. The music and general sound design is superb. I hope Bioshock 2 retains that, because that alone is enough to hook me right off the bat.

Great job Dax!

Can't believe I'm going to be returning to Rapture only a week after returning to the Mass Effect universe :D

Really looking forward to the game and am hyped at the indications that Thomas has pulled off what he was aiming for.

Strangely interested in how multiplayer plasmid-battles may pan out too - I remember the Wheel of Time game on the PC and fancy that if executed correctly Bioshock 2 multi could be very similar; which would be awesome IMO.

Rez said:
I think I'm going to do that in an hour or so myself. Love the atmosphere. The music and general sound design is superb. I hope Bioshock 2 retains that, because that alone is enough to hook me right off the bat.

This this. Replaying it to get myself ready.

Yknow, I'll admit I had some serious misgivings as to this sequel. I firmly land in the boat that the sequel shouldn't exist, that Bioshock 1 is fine on its own. That being said, Raptures awesome, and I want to see more of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My only expectation of the game is for it to at least match the atmosphere of the original. In fact, I know just three things about the BS2: You play as a Big Daddy, there are Big Sisters, and it's set some years after the original. I can't possibly be disappointed!

For Aussies who have pre-loaded Steam games before, how are the Aussie content servers in regards to having the game data by the pre-load date?

FrankT

Fixed2BeBroken said:
there isn't one for the xbox360....that's what I don't understand.

From my understanding reading on the forums Gamestop.com ran out. You can still grab it from Amazon though.

I need to remember to reserve the Collector's Edition tomorrow for the PS3. Gamestop already stop taking reserves for the Collector's Edition on the 360. This is a lovely CE :D

ruxtpin

Banned
pumped! I'm going to the midnight pick-up for this one. I haven't done that in a while. Sure, the first Bioshock wasn't perfect, but the atmosphere and what it gave players (as far as console FPS games go) was amazing.

Now I just gotta' get around to framing the Bioshock posters that I have. =P

Snake-87

Neo Member
2aeuzj6.jpg
:D

5GB installation

Nizz

Lucky you, enjoy! Please post impressions when you can. I hope there's some kind of customization for the controls. Or at least a nice variety of pre-sets.

NeoUltima

Gimme a fucking break with all these amazing games...I just feel like giving up and not buying any of them since I can't afford them all.

Snake-87

Neo Member
I hope there's some kind of customization for the controls. Or at least a nice variety of pre-sets.
first level complete .
any one who like the first Bioshock will love this one for sure .
- there is 3 sets of controls .
- new option allow you to maximizes frame rate but may degrade visual quality . (nice option)
- the loading is slow .

Top Bottom