• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 |OT| of Big Sisters, Delta Daddies, and Creepy Uncles

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Solo said:
At work, but the trailer is just a CG one? Man, I really hate the gaming industry sometimes.

Each time you write something in a Bioshock-thread I just want to respond "yeah, but you like Lost" :/

Truant said:
I've bought twice that amout this month. Renting sucks, at least for me.

See thats soemthing I cannot find myself doing. games like Boyanetta, Darksiders, Bioshock, you know games that you could complete in like 2 days with full achievements and secrets I find myself needing to rent.
Gamefly is awesome for this. I bought 1 game so far this year and that was Mass Effect.

Games that i find wanting the DLC after its launch I buy.

Truant

ItsInMyVeins said:
Each time you write something in a Bioshock-thread I just want to respond "yeah, but you like Lost" :/

But you don't, because retorts like that are reserved for the less intelligent. Just let it go.

Solo said:
At work, but the trailer is just a CG one? Man, I really hate the gaming industry sometimes.
There's nothing wrong with that for something of promotional value. Sure it wouldnt be for during game stuff. But this is opening prologue stuff.

Massa said:
Does anyone know the name of the actress that plays Sofia Lamb?
According to IMDB, and their information is usually spot-on when it comes to something like this, it's a woman named Fenella Woolgar.

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Launch trailer is up.

http://www.youtube.com/2kgames

oh MAN can't wait.
That was a damn fine trailer. I'm getting excited for this game just like I did when BioShock first game out.:D

I'll add it to the OP.

Sanic

So where else can I preorder the 360 LCE besides Gamestop? Because I just realized, i've never preordered a game anywhere else, and I don't believe any of the Gamestops around me are taking preorders for it anymore.

MacBosse

Revelations said:
Are you buying these games? or renting?

Well since I live in Sweden renting games hasn't been invented proper. We got like one or two renting games places and they suck hard ... only old games and usch.

Edit: For example this is one of the places http://hyraspel.se/ (in Swedish but you see the games). OLD games and to top it off the place went out of business 3 days ago ...

Edit2: Oh oh and here is another site. These games are listed under the New Games section mind you ... New Games Yeah!

_RT_

I hated the demo for Bioshock 1.
Maybe I'll have to see if I can pick it up used and give it another go.

Truant

MacBosse said:
Well since I live in Sweden renting games hasn't been invented proper. We got like one or two renting games places and they suck hard ... only old games and usch.

Edit: For example this is one of the places http://hyraspel.se/ (in Swedish but you see the games). OLD games and to top it off the place went out of business 3 days ago ...

Edit2: Oh oh and here is another site. These games are listed under the New Games section mind you ... New Games Yeah!

Yeah, same here.

I get promo and review copies, but I have to turn a lot of them back. That means I have to buy a lot of stuff, too. Considering a game costs $100 for the standard retail editions here, it gets expensive.

FUCK, I swear this will be the last game that I buy till I clear the backlog out some. Still sitting on Darksiders, Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, and a veritable host of others.

_RT_

noisome07 said:
I'm curious, what turned you away from playing the full game?

I'm just not a huge FPS fan.

But the story seemed really interesting which is what the draw was for me.

:( I'll be getting this game, but sadly it won't be for a long, long time. After studying, by the time I'll be able to have time for games FF13, SSF4, GOW3, Mafia 2, and others will be out that I'm immensely excited about getting.

Solo

ItsInMyVeins said:

Okay.........that was venom flung at gaming at a whole, not Bioshock 2, but whatever.

Solo

ItsInMyVeins said:
I don't, but in my heart I know I've got a valid point.

You do? :lol What is the "valid point" you are trying to make between me hating game ads that dont show the actual game, and me enjoying a television show?

Effect

Are the BioShock games significantly easier to play control wise on the PC compared to the console? Specifically during the fights against the Big Daddies and now the Big Sisters?

epmode

ItsInMyVeins said:
Lost is simultaneously terrible and awesome. Haters be hatin.
Effect said:
Are the BioShock games significantly easier to play control wise on the PC compared to the console?
No more than most modern FPS games. It's more responsive on PC due to the better input method but the lack of an inventory screen and other mouse-based stuff means it still plays well on a console.

In other words, you're not going to be permanently screwed as you would be in Quake or Unreal Tournament.

Massa

I don't like CG trailers as well, they just make me wish games looked better than they do. Bioshock 2 makes that even worse by having the trailer in first person.

That said, the launch trailer for this game is very good.

Man, that trailer was simply incredible. I totally didn't expect it to be that good. Unbelievable.

Makes the six days wait all the longer though. :D

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Solo said:
You do? :lol What is the "valid point" you are trying to make between me hating game ads that dont show the actual game, and me enjoying a television show?

No, no, that comment was directed more at your skepticism and cynical view of Bioshock 2, not so much the trailer :)

EDIT: It was meant a bit as a joke, so yeah, don't take the comment that seriously.

Effect said:
Are the BioShock games significantly easier to play control wise on the PC compared to the console? Specifically during the fights against the Big Daddies and now the Big Sisters?

You can really just take out "the BioShock" from your post, capitalize the "are" and move it just to the right of "games", and change the question mark to a period. This will answer your question.

Dyno

They had a nice CG trailer for the first game too. Looks like the style and atmosphere has remained intact. I better hurry up with my first playthrough of ME2. I think this is going take up all my time once it comes out.

Mango Positive said:
You can really just take out "the BioShock" from your post, capitalize the "are" and move it just to the right of "games", and change the question mark to a period. This will answer your question.
except that a lot of people preferred playing the first Bioshock on PC with a pad, because the mouse aiming was so badly done.

they've supposedly got it right in Bioshock 2, but yeah, i know a few people that go for a pad in Bioshock, that wouldn't think of it in most any other FPS.

i really liked the new trailer. i'm glad there aren't as many people complaining about it being pre-rendered this time.

SlayrUK

twdnewh_k said:
Oh man ur right, doesnt look good at all :(

It worked very well with part 1, I cant imagine why they'd do this

I listened to one or two of the Bioshock podcasts and one of them is all about the PC version.

They said they took out controller support very early on to make it a better overall experience. So it's keyboard and mouse only i'm afraid.

Dyno

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Armin Shimerman is confirmed to return as Ryan, yes?

BUT-BUT-BUT.... Oh I see! Vita-Chambers! Please let it be do to the miracle of Vita-Chambers and not old recordings.

:D

Salsa

162406-bioshock.jpg

sqpfva.gif

Nice job with the OP.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. I adored the first but for many reasons don't feel a need for a sequel.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Nizz

Snake-87 said:
first level complete .
any one who like the first Bioshock will love this one for sure .
- there is 3 sets of controls .
- new option allow you to maximizes frame rate but may degrade visual quality . (nice option)
- the loading is slow .
Please tell me one of em is R1 to shoot, L1 for switching plasmids..

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Just read about the research camera in the OP for the first time...so there is no picture taking in this? I loved that in the first one :(

savor100

For those that pre-ordered from Gamestop did you get your code for the MP characters already or will they give it when you pick up the game on Feb 9?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Ugh, there's no controller support for the PC version? That's ridiculous. I typically play FPS games with M/KB on PC anyway but this is the rare occasion where I think having analog movement outweighs the benefits of mouse precision. I'm gutted like you wouldn't believe over the fact that I'm not going to be able to slowly move throughout the game and really take in the environment. That's the draw of this game in the first place: that it's not your typical run and gun FPS experience. And, if someone felt otherwise, they could always opt to go the M/KB route. Either way, there's no excuse (aside from technical ones) why they couldn't offer both.

ShogunX

Showing up as in stock on play.com.

Have the special edition pre ordered from there so hopefully they ship soon :D .

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
savor100 said:
For those that pre-ordered from Gamestop did you get your code for the MP characters already or will they give it when you pick up the game on Feb 9?

I didn't get mine. The clerk claimed I'll get it along with the game.

_RT_ said:
I hated the demo for Bioshock 1.
Maybe I'll have to see if I can pick it up used and give it another go.
The demo set the story and a little tutorial, but the game didn't really get going yet. But if you really hated it then it might not be the game for you.

DancingJesus said:
Nice job with the OP.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. I adored the first but for many reasons don't feel a need for a sequel.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
Clearly you did not read the OP.

Top Bottom