• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2hours in question:

Is that a version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun on the beach? Holy lord :D

The textures in the PC version are pretty good. Certainly better than most games

People must have been expecting The Witcher 2/Hitman Absolution tier textures

SRTtoZ

Awesome just ran the benchmark using the Ultra DX11 setting and got an average of 67 fps, lowest in the 40's and highest in the 90's. Should be good to go!

PS: it was gorgeous.

Cystm

The atmosphere. Oh my god, I am drinking this world in and it is fucking amazing!

Irrational Games, you magnificent bastards.

GavinGT

Banned
2hours in question:

Is that a version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun on the beach? Holy lord :D

Yes, and I think that was one of my favorite videogame moments ever. It really makes you wonder what's going on. Time travel for profit?

any word yet on how the console versions (specifically PS3) perform?

The 360 version has V-sync diarrhea all over. It's not helped by the prevalence of vertical stripes in the environments. Still manages to look incredible, though. Not sure about PS3.

PSN being on PST and me needing to get up at 6:30 for college is a bummer, wanted to get an hour or two in tonight.

Hope there are some people using/planning on using the Pulse headset, interested in hearing how good the Bioshock mode is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, and I think that was one of my favorite videogame moments ever.

Good to know I wasn't going crazy. I was like "son of a bitch this sounds...nah...no this has to be"

Pretty excellent.

Alucrid

Banned
Package Services
Electronic Shipping Info Received
March 25, 2013

Thanks Amazon. I'm just going to walk to Gamestop tomorrow and buy it...

So I was rewatching my voideos that I recorded going back over the intro again and I think I figured out a huge part of the end by mistake lol
If I'm right then that's some lost type shit

DatDude

Banned
metacritic average for pc and 360 are currently sitting at 96 (pc based off 39 reviews)

Makes me wonder if it's realistic for it to jump to 97 and surpass Bioshock as the highest rated fps of all time?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Holy fuck what's the deal with the MOUSE SENSITIVITY?

If anyone is having a problem with it, make sure you don't use the left and right arrows next to the mouse sens option. Grab the actual slider and move it very very slowly. Shit's insane.

Necrovex

I came home, all excited for Infinite, and then I realized the game never fully finished downloading. I am waiting on an update screen right now. Night ruined. :-(

sdornan

metacritic average for pc and 360 are currently sitting at 96 (pc based off 39 reviews)

Makes me wonder if it's realistic for it to jump to 97 and surpass Bioshock as the highest rated fps of all time?

I would calculate how many 10s it would take for that to happen, but I don't remember much from statistics.

antitrop

I have entirely readjusted my calculations that The Last of Us would be the game of the year.

Bioshock Infinite is approaching my game of the generation status, now about 8 hours in. Obviously not set in stone until I finish it tomorrow.

shogunduk

GUYS
I ordered the game off Amazon about half an hour ago. Will I still get XCOM and the $30 credit? I only got an email for the ebook so far...I'm hoping the others take a while to reach me.

Zabka

Played for a couple hours and it was definitely worth the cost of the new graphics card. The game looks (and sounds) ridiculously good.

DatDude

Banned
Haha.

True story, the first two seconds of Bioshock Infinite is better than the entirety of Tomb Raider. Confirmed. And now to try once more to twist and turn in bed because dreaming of Bioshock Infinite is giving me insomnia :(

The first 15 minutes of Infinite are probably better than 3/4th of the games released this gen on consoles. That's the even sadder part.

Ceebs

The amount of pure set dressing art assets in this game is insane. So much stuff packed with detail you would just miss if you were not poking around in every corner.

Zeth

If anyone is having a problem with it, make sure you don't use the left and right arrows next to the mouse sens option. Grab the actual slider and move it very very slowly. Shit's insane.

Yep, mouse sensitivity is insane. They couldn't have intended that, right? Mine is set to 1 or 2 micro-clicks from minimum.

Caode

Haha.

True story, the first two seconds of Bioshock Infinite is better than the entirety of Tomb Raider. Confirmed. And now to try once more to twist and turn in bed because dreaming of Bioshock Infinite is giving me insomnia :(

Suffering the same problem...can't sleep..can't get it out of my head.

Lucentto

Banned
I kind of want to get this game, but I am saddened that I don't know how well this game will run on a HD 7770. I am not going to bother spending more on a new graphics card.

I would say turn off acceleration and pull the slider all the way to the left and adjust your mouse via windows or something

Top Bottom