• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Sblargh

Banned
I like all the characters so far, maybe not the protagonist, but I haven't got to the inevitable part where they reveal what's up with him. I just met Vox Populi folk and I like them. The villains are beggining to shape into something interesting, too.

Elizabeth is also surprisingly good as a gameplay device.

And speaking of Elizabeth, I stared at her for a while and thought: "Hum... could use TressFX".

Amir0x

Banned
Suffering the same problem...can't sleep..can't get it out of my head.

It's weird because I barely even got to touch the game yet... I just wish I took off from work to play. Although I refuse to do that for any game, would feel like a total loser if I did lol

The first 15 minutes of Infinite are probably better than 3/4th of the games released this gen on consoles. That's the even sadder part.

you're making it even HARDER to fall asleep arrrrgh :(

antitrop

Holy fuck what's the deal with the MOUSE SENSITIVITY?

If anyone is having a problem with it, make sure you don't use the left and right arrows next to the mouse sens option. Grab the actual slider and move it very very slowly. Shit's insane.

Open XUserOptions.ini in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config

Change:

MinMouseLookSensitivity=0.100000
MaxMouseLookSensitivity=1.000000

Thank me later, you can tweak that further to your liking depending on your DPI.

-PXG-

bioshockinfinite2013-7gibu.png

bioshockinfinite2013-mdigr.png

bioshockinfinite2013-57e40.png

bioshockinfinite2013-dtecp.png

bioshockinfinite2013-xpc3j.png

I'm getting a RIDICULOUS frame rate. Like, the average is 120. Minimum is about high 80s. Locking this at 60.

Caode

It's weird because I barely even got to touch the game yet... I just wish I took off from work to play. Although I refuse to do that for any game, would feel like a total loser if I did lol

you're making it even HARDER to fall asleep arrrrgh :(

I know...I'm just 3 hours in and I'm going over all the small details in my head...certain stuff you overhear that's keeping me guessing, all the small details...running over them in my head.

If any game would be worth a day off work...this would be up there. I'm not working until friday so I've got a few days to get stuck in and soak it all up thankfully.

B33

Banned
Here's how to unlock 1999 mode for every platform prior to completing the game on an easier difficulty setting.

PS3: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, O, X.

360: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.

PC: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, (Cancel), (Confirm) [if this doesn't work, just mimic the 360 code above].

antitrop

It was #1 on Twitter this morning when the review embargo broke. And it probably will be tomorrow when everyone starts playing it.

If this doesn't win best graphics at the spikes award show than something is rigged.

Damn. That art direction. Dem graphics. I-I am not worthy.

This game is going to win all the awards.

Amir0x

Banned
I know I have no power over this, but I humbly request people not post giant images from areas in the game, especially if they're past the first area, because exploration is one of the primary things that can be spoiled about a game, and it's especially important here. Just post the images behind links or something so we don't accidentally get spoiled on some of the areas the game has to offer...

Anyway, if not I'll just stop entering the topic which is fine, but thought I'd give it a shot :O(

Ok, can explain to me what the differences are between ultra setting in graphics and very high and high?

I switch between ultra and high and the only difference is that the framerate in ultra drops to 30fps while in high it looks the same but im getting like 90-60 fps

Zia

I only got to play about 30 minutes as I'm getting sleepy, but it's breathtaking so far. And, even on my 2011 iMac, it's beautiful. Hands down the best art direction I have seen in a big budget game.

-PXG-

AO is what is probably killing your performance. I turned it on Ultra and I get pretty heavy drops.

Really no point in having it on. I hate how ambient occlusion looks anyway. No sense in destroying your performance on such a small and lame effect.

I know I have no power over this, but I humbly request people not post giant images from areas in the game, especially if they're past the first area, because exploration is one of the primary things that can be spoiled about a game, and it's especially important here. Just post the images behind links or something so we don't accidentally get spoiled on some of the areas the game has to offer...

Anyway, if not I'll just stop entering the topic which is fine, but thought I'd give it a shot :O(

The first area is pretty sweet too

Ok, can explain to me what the differences are between ultra setting in graphics and very high and high?

I switch between ultra and high and the only difference is that the framerate in ultra drops to 30fps while in high it looks the same but im getting like 90-60 fps

It's AO and damn dynamic shadows which don't seem to be doing the games any favor in the looks department.

Jafku

Holy hell. 1999 mode is no joke. I screwed up an spent all my money and then died. Since i didnt have enough to respawn it booted me back to the main menu and my last checkpoint lol.

What, why would you want us to spoiler pictures?

DatDude

Banned
GTA V will take it all while being San Andreas 2

Probably true.

Sad. We need more games that are like Bioshock Infinite.

A world were we get mainstream AAA games like Infinite which put a priority on create a beautiful realized gaming world, while having great writing, characters, and narrative would make reconsider if mainstream gaming is really better than indie gaming.

Zeliard

Holy hell. 1999 mode is no joke. I screwed up an spent all my money and then died. Since i didnt have enough to respawn it booted me back to the main menu and my last checkpoint lol.

Yep you lose 100 coin every time you die in 1999 mode so that can add up pretty quickly if you're not careful.

Probably true.

Sad. We need more games that are like Bioshock Infinite.

A world were we get mainstream AAA games like Infinite which put a priority on create a beautiful realized gaming world, while having great writing, characters, and narrative would make reconsider if mainstream gaming is really better than indie gaming.

I don't really see any other publisher except Take 2 that will sink money like this (except for Sony but they are willing to have shitty sales with Team Ico games).

So go play Kentucky Route Zero and Antichamber and know we only get something like this in the AAA realm every half a decade.

Felt this for awhile. Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us will probably get some votes but the fact that it's basically San Andreas 2 already confirms it's awards

You know, maybe with the interview blitz Ken has build a good relationship with the press to skew votes for Bio.
Also the line at most gamestops around here are in the triple digits, which is anecdotal evidence but maybe validate the fact that gamers still want this kind of title and not COD. It would help the industry immensely.

Moff

finished it
dont give up if you dont enjoy the very linear first hour of the game.
level design will open up, gameplay gets better.its fun, though never really great.

the games strenghts are clearly the art design (and hell it delivers there), atmosphere and narrative. the story is really way over the top, one hell of a ride.

Now I'll have a look at that 1999 mode.

Jafku

finished it
dont give up if you dont enjoy the very linear first hour of the game.
level design will open up, gameplay gets better.its fun, though never really great.

the games strenghts are clearly the art design (and hell it delivers there), atmosphere and narrative. the story is really way over the top, one hell of a ride.

Now I'll have a look at that 1999 mode.
Just be extra cautious in 1999 mode. I shouldnt of started 1999 mode first playthrough

Top Bottom