• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

LiK

I want to play this game foreverrrrr. I'm not sure where I am... I think I just
spared Slate
about 4+ hours played, how much more do I have? I really don't want to speed through all of it ;_;

you got a lot more game to go.

KlotePino

I NEED this game to sell well. One of the first games in a while to have me hooked this bad. To say Irrational are world builders is the understatement of the year and it's so well realized and polished. Very little has happened so far to pull me out of the whole setting. It's clear to see why it took so long and cost this much money so and I dearly hope it'll pay off.

Wunder

Maybe I just forgot, but I don't think I've gotten there yet. Which means I think you're speeding through, as I'm 6+ hours into the game.

Really? Damn, I'm playing on hard, dying lots, searching every room and watching/listening to everything. I do sprint about a lot though.

Blinck

Just finished the game.

HOLY SWEET BABY BATMAN OF THE SHAMANISTIC SPIRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got into my top 1 in a tie with SoTC !

What a fucking masterpiece. I loved every single thing about the game. The story, the visuals, the combat and the pacing. It's just absolutely brilliant and gripping, I really don't have any good words to describe it...absolutely loved it.

Yeah I finished it on Hard yesterday and Im still picking my brain up off the floor.

Same as me bro incredible I want your opinion on this scene:
wasn't the scene with Booker and Elizabeth in that bar basement with the kid and the guitar one of the best scenes you have ever seen in a game I loved that scene.

Tenck

Didn't take long for gamefaqs to say this games is overrated lol. Im loving it so far but its hard to get good opinions on gfaqs sometimes.

An opinion is only good when you agree with it. Go-figure.

From what I've played the game is hyped way too much. I want to finish it before I give my final opinion, but so far it's not looking good.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It is a shame I can't buy Elizabeth a purse with all this money I'm swimming in (partly because of her, no less). Poor girl really needs one.

Made a lot of progress last night and this morning. Don't think I'm quite at the end just yet, but things have to be winding down soon. Going to break for today though. This vacuuming up the streets for coin / food / ammo routine is really wearing me out now.

Andrew.

Banned
Same as me bro incredible I want your opinion on this scene:
wasn't the scene with Booker and Elizabeth in that bar basement with the kid and the guitar one of the best scenes you have ever seen in a game I loved that scene.

I thought it was really well done, but there's a handful more that stick out to me.

Blinck

Also quick questions:

Does the game have some sort of new game + on harder difficulties?

How hard is 1999 with a controller on PC ?

cheers!

Danj

Use songbird to crash the zeppelins. I believe the sequence ends when there are no more zeppelins. Use RPGs to keep the patriots at bay and Posession also works on them as well.

I got that part but what was happening was that the bad guys
destroyed the core
before I got them all. Anyway, I asked someone else who finished and he suggested
loads of shock traps, and RPGs to beat the Patriots with
which worked for me (though I was loath to toss away my carbine).

Danj

From what I've played the game is hyped way too much. I want to finish it before I give my final opinion, but so far it's not looking good.

Haha. You know that's pretty much what I was thinking. I was like "well this is decent, and it definitely feels like a Bioshock game, but I'm getting kinda bored of this move to a new area and shoot all the bad guys dealie". And then I got to the ending. Ohhhhh boy oh boy oh boy. YOUR HEAD WILL A SPLODE.*

* - note: your head doesn't actually explode or anything so that's not a spoiler, I just mean metaphorically.

Just beat the game on hard last night. Thought it was pretty easy and should have went straight into 1999 mode. Ah well. Impressions later when I feel like writing them.

Riposte

You can toggle the health bars and combat text off in options if you prefer. Might be worth trying.

Eh yo, I have, like, the best idea for DLC. You can have it for free:

catinthehatkodbn.jpg

I think it fits right in the setting too. Would make the game 25% more fun.

Just finished the game... oh lawdy lawd, what a game. My brother and I were just lost for words. Infinite fits in as my second favourite game of all time behind Hotline Miami.

Guevara

Are you sure? I owned the season pass before I started the game, and nothing popped up.

It's kind of confusing. You have to get the infusions at some cafe early in the game (which means they're useless on my current playthrough). I'm not exactly sure how the rest of it works.

FartOfWar

Banned
I had no idea you could board the zeppelins in that battle.
Seems like a much better strategy!

If you choose you can use traps and SB to cover the deck and stay mobile yourself. I imagine its a very rarely tried strat but yeah it works and youll get some surprise results by doing so.

Danj

No, but if you buy ahead of time it's at a discount and you get some in-game bonuses immediately (some infusions I believe).

Are there any deals on the season pass at the moment? Like, at GMG with their vouchers or whatever? Or maybe a GamersGate pricing error?

StuBurns

Banned
I really liked how you could just open your vigor selection and press down and it'd replay your latest vox, because I'd constantly have them cut off by NPCs.

EDIT: Well, they don't cut off, but they become impossible to hear.

daveo42

Banned
Levine has said the DLC will be a "love letter to fans." Take that as you will.

And I just picked up the season pass, which is something I thought I'd never do. Has there been any announcement of when we'll be getting the first dlc pack?

I see folks in the "Infinite shouldn't be a shooter" thread talking about combos with your vigors. I have the following vigors: possession, burning bronco, and feast of crows. (I think I got confused on that last part. That's a GoT book, isn't it?). How do you combine vigors, and what are the best combinations?

I see folks in the "Infinite shouldn't be a shooter" thread talking about combos with your vigors. I have the following vigors: possession, burning bronco, and feast of crows. (I think I got confused on that last part. That's a GoT book, isn't it?). How do you combine vigors, and what are the best combinations?

crows bucking bronco and then undertow?

Muffdraul

I assume they mean combos in the "1-2 punch" sense. Hit 'em with one vigor, then quick-change to the second vigor and use that on them as well.

bucking bronco is the guile theme of vigors

Murder of crows + devil's kiss is funny too. Fire birds, flyyyyy

And there's a really good upgrade for the crows that when crowed enemies die, they become crow nest traps, which in turn stuns the next set of enemies, etc.

It's very easy to just sit in corner/cover with a couple of powerful vigors and long-range weapons in this game, for better or worse

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of confusing. You have to get the infusions at some cafe early in the game (which means they're useless on my current playthrough). I'm not exactly sure how the rest of it works.

After beating the game last night, I purchased the season pass and started a new game. I got a message at some point early in the game acknowledging that I had purchased the season pass and that I would get a golden pistol and machine gun once I found them. Lo and behold, the first pistol I found was gold and did more damage than the one I had in my first playthrough.

Then, once you get to the restaurant, you'll find four clothing items on a table as well as like four or five infusions on various counter/table surfaces in the same room.

Ohwiseone

HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY GOD THAT ENDING.

You honestly have no clue what is going on until the very last line. And even then it still blows your mind.

I feel like they just dropped the mic and walked off stage.

My jaw fell open.

Bravo irrational and ken Levine.

The games needs to get all of the awards.

This is one of my top.10 games of all time

I love the title makes perfect sense after you beat the game. I know that people love system shock 2, but I think that this might be Kens magnum opus.

Is any one else running into a save bug? I can't seem to get past a checkpoint 1hr into the game.

Even when I reach other checkpoints and quit, the game warns me it hasn't saved. But the save game is on my HDD, so it looks purely to be a dumb bug. I'd like a workaround though. I'm not wired up to the 360 and I don't feel like lugging my TV around to the router room to fix it!

Note: I have recently moved and my 360 isn't online, so it wouldn't have any patches.

LProtag

I'm playing my roommate's copy, so I can only play when he's not around. I feel like I'm nearing the end though, and I really want to finish it up.

Top Bottom