• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Andrew.

Banned
Alright! Just beat the first Bioshock before Infinite hits. Hype is at an all-time high, and I don't feel burnt on the formula at all luckily. Ready to continue with Bioshock 2, but first Infinite. Rapture can wait for a bit, but I'm sure it'll be a joy to return. Loved every minute of exploring the place and the rich lore, what a well designed game!

funny-gif-asian-guy-thumbs-up.gif

Heartfyre

It usually takes a page of praise to get me to look at a fan trailer, but that was superb. I actually prefer it over any of the official trailers, despite being a Frankenstein's Monster of them. That's the sign of an excellent edit and talented editor. Keep it up!

AlexMogil

For anyone interested, I made this trailer to pass the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXlICqhnjco

I've never really put together a trailer before, so please don't eat me.

I have known nothing in any depth about this game and this is the first real info I have seen about it. What pictures and small articles I've seen about the game made it seem really uninteresting, but I mean this when I say it: I'm buying the game because of you.

Daft_Cat

I have known nothing in any depth about this game and this is the first real info I have seen about it. What pictures and small articles I've seen about the game made it seem really uninteresting, but I mean this when I say it: I'm buying the game because of you.

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about something I've done.

Verve only had two good albums.

And Ill give you a hint. One one them wasnt Urban Hymns.

...Intrigued..

Andrew.

Banned
I was kidding. Weeping Willow is one of my favorite songs of all time. Even Oasis' "Cast No Shadow" made me like them more. Northern Soul is my second favorite. I dont think about Forth really.

There were a couple good ones on A Storm in Heaven that I recall though.

Andrew.

Banned
Too bad Morrissey said he'd rather cut off his balls than have a reunion.

Still Ill is one of the greatest songs ever made

Johnny Marrs riffs are very Megaman-ish

pa22word

Is this game confirmed to have regenerating health and/or a limited weapon carrying capacity?

The latter I can stomach I guess, but if it has the former there's way in hell the game is even worth 20$ to me, imo.

FartOfWar

Banned
Is this game confirmed to have regenerating health and/or a limited weapon carrying capacity?

The latter I can stomach I guess, but if it has the former there's way in hell the game is even worth 20$ to me, imo.

Health doesn't regenerate, shield does. Health requires pick ups.

Syrinx

Hype is so massive GAF gets fucking PSYCHED for an IGN review.

This is insane.

My hype is something different. It's gotten to the point that I really couldn't care less at this point what reviews say. I haven't really felt this before. Granted my growing disenchantment (second time I've used that word today, big words bitches) with games journalism has something to do with that...but this is really the first time I've felt this way about a game that I'm this excited about. I'm really not paying any mind to IGN's exclusive review at all right now.

Daft_Cat

I'm print screening this page guys. Seriously.

I hope OneLetter sees it. I produce bricks at the thought of someone from Irrational watching it.

Infinite will be the first game I buy in a while (sans Halo 4). I feel too often I'm growing away from gaming. While I'm not SUPER DUPER excited for games like I remember being back in 2007 around that time, this is the most excited I've been for a game in a while.

Don't care about IGN's review. They're mostly full of crap anyway. I know it'll be good because Irrational is amazing.

iMax

From personal experience I usually get first class post the day after despatch(even on a Saturday), I think though the advertised time frame Royal Mail give is 48 hours.

Nice. Think I'll give it a go — especially at that price.

Ta for the heads up! :)

pa22word

Health doesn't regenerate, shield does. Health requires pick ups.

Eck, I guess that's better than full on regen...can you turn off the shield in 1999 mode?

And the weapons? One of the few things I dug about BioShock's combat was that old school FPS arsenal you carried around, vs the modern-controller oriented approach of "hey lets conveniently materialize the specific gun they need for this specific room to take out these specific foes!!!". Would be a major bummer to see that they eliminated one of the few remaining gameplay modifiers that actually resulted in some form of emergent gameplay that was left over in BS1 after they ripped all the character building out from SS2.

Also FoW, I remember you being involved with the project in some part. Can you tell me how involved the Canberra guys were in the gameplay after they started working on the project? I loved the gameplay in BS2, so if they had heavy input on this game it would set my mind to ease a little.

Dartastic

Too bad Morrissey said he'd rather cut off his balls than have a reunion.

Still Ill is one of the greatest songs ever made

Johnny Marrs riffs are very Megaman-ish
Too bad Morrissey is ass. -.-

We also have Joy Division and New Order (although, they are from Greater Manchester).

Liverpool also has a great history of music. Man, the north-west is awesome.
It's funny actually. I know this isn't technically the NW area, but I lived in Sheffield for a year back in 2005/2006 when the Arctic Monkeys were blowing up. I saw em at a gig somewhere and they were GOD AWFUL. Then they practiced a lot, tightened up as a band, and then blew the fuck up. Northern England just had a lot of good music in general.

Favourite Worst Nightmare is one of my favorite CD's of the 2000's, for sure.

Top Bottom