• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

CrazyDude

Hadnt even occurred to me actually.

*Because thats how good this game will fucking be.

I'll help you start,

"Goddamn those good for nothing blood sucking bastards at Irrational games! I waited and waited for this game and all you could come up with is this good for nothing pile of shit."

pa22word

IGN isn't worth ranting about. A simple 'lol IGN' would suffice.

As someone who is fence sitting right now, where the smallest thing might send me either way: IGNs review will not even factor into my purchase.

After Silent Hill HD review and the "why do people hate EA?" article I don't even consider them worthy of the title "toilet rag" anymore.

DukeBobby

With all the hype and controversy surrounding the IGN review, should there be a separate thread made for it, or should we just keep the discussion in here?

Amaron

Banned
For anyone interested, I made this trailer to pass the time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXlICqhnjco

I've never really put together a trailer before, so please don't eat me.

Edit:

All the footage in it is available online legitimately, but spoiler-conscious people should probably avoid.
I have known nothing in any depth about this game and this is the first real info I have seen about it. What pictures and small articles I've seen about the game made it seem really uninteresting, but I mean this when I say it: I'm buying the game because of you.

Same boat as AlexMogil here, thank you SecretRiddle, seriously.

I don't really think anything in the trailer was dangerously spoiler-ish, but I see what you mean. It will not detract from me enjoying this game anymore though.

Druz

IGN 9.2'd

Gamers today are such divas. "Guyz, listen... guyz.... like... if there is no jump button then I'ma waitin' for the bargain bin."

60 minutes.

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a 360 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early FPS like quake and doom and wolfie and dark forces and goldeneye... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill kickstarter and all the other "Omg online phenomenon". sky hooking on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....

60 minutes.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a 360 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early FPS like quake and doom and wolfie and dark forces and goldeneye... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill kickstarter and all the other "Omg online phenomenon". sky hooking on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I'll hold your hand on Steam. :)

iMax

60 minutes.

zvD3g.gif

I'm hoping for the review to include a picture of the reviewer handing a printout of it to Ken while smiling, giving a thumbs up, and shaking his hand.

You know, it took me a while to figure out which GoW game you were talking about.

Yup. Everyone knows, GOW = God of War and Gears = Gears of War. :p

60 minutes.

I felt like that when Uncharted 3 was releasing . Thankfully a few reviewers were compensated for their time.

Vire

The funny thing is I've seen that post mocked so many times, and I read it in Shawn's voice in my head every time.

Such a legendary podcast moment.

It seems especially appropriate tonight though.

B33

Banned
Well, obvioulsy, it's going to either be "so high because it was paid for" or "so low because they didn't want it to seem like they took money for the exclusive"

I'd expect at least a few pages of that.

The solution would be to give the game a 7.9/10.

It's the best of both spectrums.

IGN, take note.

"This isn't an Oscar quality story, this is the kind of story that deserves an Oscar but doesn't get one because it's too progressive and far reaching to be comperhended by the population at large."

Dartastic

60 minutes.

In one post, because people need to get it. Also, ROFL.

...7.9 out of 10.

Top Bottom